Votes: 54 31.8%

Votes: 52 30.6%
  • 4+

Votes: 15 8.8%
  • Just following along

Votes: 3 1.8%

• Total voters
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
What do I do if I have more than one child for the poll? Pick my favourite and vote that way?

• Haha
Reactions: 20
My little guy turned 3 on Wednesday 🥰 although technically he isn’t even 1 yet cos he is a leap day baby and it hasn’t been his actual birthday yet

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 12
Background: I have a nasty cold and have completely lost my sense of smell. Mr Biscuits has just put the 5yo to bed (both kids share a room) and came down to tell me that it smells like something has died in the 2yo's arse. Hoping it's due to 2yo being a bit constipated today and not the carrier of a stomach bug about to sweep through the house 🤦

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 2
What do I do if I have more than one child for the poll? Pick my favourite and vote that way?
desperate to know which you voted for now and who is the fave today 🤣

I don’t count 4Me as a toddler anymore though, I would say a preschooler?
I have just sneaked TMe in the 1 category, even though he is two next month 😭😭😭😭

• Haha
Reactions: 3
Does my one year old count as a toddler😆
To me, walking or 1 is a toddler, whichever comes first 😂
But that's why the boddler thread was made 😂 when you're not too sure and not ready to call them a toddler haha

To me, walking or 1 is a toddler, whichever comes first 😂
But that's why the boddler thread was made 😂 when you're not too sure and not ready to call them a toddler haha
Love it haha, I’m in the new baby thread, boddler thread now this one then 😆 we don’t have a walker yet tho so maybe will come on here more on a few months, I don’t think I will ever stop calling her my baby tho 😂

Reactions: 1
desperate to know which you voted for now and who is the fave today 🤣

I don’t count 4Me as a toddler anymore though, I would say a preschooler?
I have just sneaked TMe in the 1 category, even though he is two next month 😭😭😭😭
Hmm. Well I’ve put the eldest today as she’s been acting as my translator this evening which I always find very cute and especially helpful. She also sleeps better than the younger one. But ask me tomorrow and I’ll probably be changing 🤪

• Heart
Hmm. Well I’ve put the eldest today as she’s been acting as my translator this evening which I always find very cute and especially helpful. She also sleeps better than the younger one. But ask me tomorrow and I’ll probably be changing 🤪
That is so cute 😍 and so smart. Bilingual kids are incredible, blows my mind.

I would've gone for the opposite and gone for the one you need to complain about more 😂😂

• Haha
Can I ask advice. My little one is 20 months and still has a bottle of milk before bed (I know, I need to wean her off this). She'll generally take or leave milk the rest of the day and will drink from a cup of she has it in the day so that's fine, I think the bottle at night is mainly for comfort.

So here's my problem- we've always done bath, cuddles, milk, teeth then bed, but for the last couple of weeks or so after teeth she starts asking for milk again and often gets almost hysterical, so we've given in a few times because otherwise putting her to bed takes so much longer. This happens even if she's had a big dinner and drunk all her milk before teeth, so it's not hunger. It's like all of a sudden she wants milk to be the last thing she does before bed, I don't get why as this was never an issue before. But obviously this will be damaging to her teeth if we do this long term.

We've tried offering water instead of milk but that goes down even worse than not offering anything. Any tips?

Can I ask advice. My little one is 20 months and still has a bottle of milk before bed (I know, I need to wean her off this). She'll generally take or leave milk the rest of the day and will drink from a cup of she has it in the day so that's fine, I think the bottle at night is mainly for comfort.

So here's my problem- we've always done bath, cuddles, milk, teeth then bed, but for the last couple of weeks or so after teeth she starts asking for milk again and often gets almost hysterical, so we've given in a few times because otherwise putting her to bed takes so much longer. This happens even if she's had a big dinner and drunk all her milk before teeth, so it's not hunger. It's like all of a sudden she wants milk to be the last thing she does before bed, I don't get why as this was never an issue before. But obviously this will be damaging to her teeth if we do this long term.

We've tried offering water instead of milk but that goes down even worse than not offering anything. Any tips?
My daughter is 2 in a month. She still has a bed time bottle of milk.
We did milk for my second up until she was 3. Although we changed to using a cup with a spout or whatever and we just lowered the amount gradually until she was maybe having a few sips and that was it. But in her head, she was still having it. And then we told her she didn't need milk anymore, she's a big girl so she can have some water.
We did similar with my son but he's 10 and I can't remember completely.
I've always found it easier to change when they understand more tbh.
That's just my way of doing things 😂

Honestly, I really wouldn’t worry about it at all. The milk is obviously a comfort thing, and you wouldn’t deny her comfort from a teddy or a cuddle, so don’t think there is anything wrong with her seeking comfort from the milk. I understand from the teeth point of view, but if you are brushing them well previously, and it’s not every night it really isn’t a big deal. She won’ t need it forever.

Reactions: 5

All have mine have had milk from a bottle until 2.5ish. Please don’t worry about her still having milk. And in my experience, none of mines teeth have been affected by still having a bottle at that age

Thanks guys, sorry it's not so much the still having a bottle that worries me, it's more that she keeps asking for milk after teeth even if she's already had plenty of milk. Which never used to happen.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.