Toddler advice thread #3

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
what’s been said? Is he ok.. are you ok?? Sending hugs xxxx

So Mini As sleep is still tit - bed at 8pm and up slightly later at 6:20am, moody and tired all day, crying, whining, everything wasn’t going her way! She told me at half 4 she was tired 😣 she lasted until 7:30pm and she just couldn’t keep her eyes open for the other half of her book…! She’s at her Dads tomorrow night then I’ve got a lovely child free break to Italy from Wednesday to Saturday so I can’t wait! She’s spending some much needed quality time with her Dad and I can’t wait 😂

I’ll miss her of course but I just can’t wait to catch up on sleep and not have to worry about a 3 year old with me away. We are on hol in April for a week to Haven, May for 2 weeks to Spain and July again at Haven together so she’s got plenty of time with me away🥹
He just didn’t like them touching it. They took off the old cast and washed the pins etc and then redressed it but he was just really scared. Once we were out he was fine but it was just very stressful. We’re back in two weeks for them to be removed. He’s back at nursery on Monday thank god. A bit of normality for him. I’m going to take him for a nice walk somewhere tomorrow get out of the house.

have you beenaway without her before ! Maybe she is worrying about it ? It could be connected. Hopefully her sleep is just a phase. Mine did it around Christmas time.Waking up in the night. But he did it for about a week and then again a week later and now normal.
fingers crossed similar for you. Enjoy your break away think you deserve it x

So Mini As sleep is still tit - bed at 8pm and up slightly later at 6:20am, moody and tired all day, crying, whining, everything wasn’t going her way! She told me at half 4 she was tired 😣 she lasted until 7:30pm and she just couldn’t keep her eyes open for the other half of her book…! She’s at her Dads tomorrow night then I’ve got a lovely child free break to Italy from Wednesday to Saturday so I can’t wait! She’s spending some much needed quality time with her Dad for once 😂

I’ll miss her of course but I just can’t wait to catch up on sleep and not have to worry about a 3 year old with me away. We are on hol in April for a week to Haven, May for 2 weeks to Spain and July again at Haven together so she’s got plenty of time with me away🥹
I'd say that was decent sleep tbh 😂

Reactions: 7
So Mini As sleep is still tit - bed at 8pm and up slightly later at 6:20am,
To quote the absolute Queen that is Lizzie McGuire. This sleep is what dreams are made of. They’re only meant to need 10 hours of sleep by 3yo anyway, and to get it uninterrupted sounds like bliss 🤤

• Haha
Reactions: 7

So Mini As sleep is still tit - bed at 8pm and up slightly later at 6:20am, moody and tired all day, crying, whining, everything wasn’t going her way! She told me at half 4 she was tired 😣 she lasted until 7:30pm and she just couldn’t keep her eyes open for the other half of her book…! She’s at her Dads tomorrow night then I’ve got a lovely child free break to Italy from Wednesday to Saturday so I can’t wait! She’s spending some much needed quality time with her Dad for once 😂

Does she not wake in between those times? Maybe it’s just because mine’s still only 15 months but I haven’t had more than 3 hours straight sleep since he was born and he’s up at 4:30/5am, so to imagine he might one day sleep a long stretch is a dream 😂

Reactions: 3
He just didn’t like them touching it. They took off the old cast and washed the pins etc and then redressed it but he was just really scared. Once we were out he was fine but it was just very stressful. We’re back in two weeks for them to be removed. He’s back at nursery on Monday thank god. A bit of normality for him. I’m going to take him for a nice walk somewhere tomorrow get out of the house.

have you beenaway without her before ! Maybe she is worrying about it ? It could be connected. Hopefully her sleep is just a phase. Mine did it around Christmas time.Waking up in the night. But he did it for about a week and then again a week later and now normal.
fingers crossed similar for you. Enjoy your break away think you deserve it x
oh god that sounds a nightmare for him.

No, she doesn’t know I’m going I’ve not told her about it. I think her sleep problems is just cos she’s been cos she’s been so overstimulated .. she stirred at 5.45am but she’s fallen back asleep 🎉
---
Does she not wake in between those times? Maybe it’s just because mine’s still only 15 months but I haven’t had more than 3 hours straight sleep since he was born and he’s up at 4:30/5am, so to imagine he might one day sleep a long stretch is a dream 😂
no, she’s 3 years old so she’s got no reason to wake up x
---
Spoke to soon…! 6.10am she was up😩 I wouldn’t mind but she’s just tired and unhappy all day! I’m hoping her being at her dads tonight will break the cycle 😫 gunna be another long day

Last edited:
Reactions: 1

No, she doesn’t know I’m going I’ve not told her about it. I think her sleep problems is just cos she’s been cos she’s been so overstimulated .. she stirred at 5.45am but she’s fallen back asleep 🎉
---

no, she’s 3 years old so she’s got no reason to wake up x
---
Spoke to soon…! 6.10am she was up😩 I wouldn’t mind but she’s just tired and unhappy all day! I’m hoping her being at her dads tonight will break the cycle 😫 gunna be another long day
Mine does go to sleep between around 7/710 and he’s always up between 6 and 630. Did she go to bed at 730 you say? Then 6am is probs about right
I can’t see why she would be tired from a sleep like that?😳 what kind of things do you do during the day

I am 36 and still wake up for a wee or a drink during the night quite often…. That is normal human behaviour surely?
oh yeah I mean aside from the usual things, generally she doesn’t wake up much!

---

I wouldn’t mind but she’s just tired and unhappy all day!
Could she just be bored? Mine complains she’s tired sometimes if she’s actually just bored and needs a bit more involved play

Mine does go to sleep between around 7/710 and he’s always up between 6 and 630. Did she go to bed at 730 you say? Then 6am is probs about right
I can’t see why she would be tired from a sleep like that?😳 what kind of things do you do during the day
Yeah she’s been sleeping 7:40pm to 7am for months. She’s at nursery Monday & Tuesday full days, Wednesday morning we have swimming then Wednesday PM just chill out in the house or maybe go to my Dads for an hour, Thursdays we have a toddler class in the morning and maybe park or a walk in the afternoon if the weather is ok. Fridays she’s with my dad so she has her horse riding lesson and plays up at their farm!

Saturday she’s usually out and about if she’s with me or her dad! We will go to the farm, eureka, role play, soft play, playground , just something fun!

Sundays are usually just a chill day all day. It’s always been like this, we rarely have a full day inside. She prefers to be out and about and so do I or else she just gets bored after a few hours 😌 I think it’s just one of those weeks!

Could she just be bored? Mine complains she’s tired sometimes if she’s actually just bored and needs a bit more involved play
we came back from a role play centre and then she said she was tired, that’s why haha

Yeah she’s been sleeping 7:40pm to 7am for months. She’s at nursery Monday & Tuesday full days, Wednesday morning we have swimming then Wednesday PM just chill out in the house or maybe go to my Dads for an hour, Thursdays we have a toddler class in the morning and maybe park or a walk in the afternoon if the weather is ok. Fridays she’s with my dad so she has her horse riding lesson and plays up at their farm!

Saturday she’s usually out and about if she’s with me or her dad! We will go to the farm, eureka, role play, soft play .. just something fun! Sundays are usually just a chill day all day. It’s always been like this, we rarely have a full day inside. She prefers to be out and about and so do I or else she just gets bored after a few hours 😌 I think it’s just one of those weeks!
Sounds like a fun packed schedule. Mine is the same he doesn’t like being in at all. Not for a full day we always have to go out at some point.
Yeah it could be. Mine was doing it the other week. But the mornings are lighter lately that might have something to do with it ?

Sounds like a fun packed schedule. Mine is the same he doesn’t like being in at all. Not for a full day we always have to go out at some point.
Yeah it could be. Mine was doing it the other week. But the mornings are lighter lately that might have something to do with it ?
my friend made a good point this Morning and said the birds are up esrlier 🫠😂 she has a pitch black room so it’s not the light! Kids eh 😩

At what age do they get easier? i thought 3 was bad but 4 has just been as bad 😩😩 Its constant tantrums but now we have sass as well, the answering back has started! 😤

I have 2 lovely girls who are lovely when apart 🤣 Together I literally want to pull my hair out. I had a day on my own with my oldest on the weekend and she was just this incredible fun girl and i loved spending time with her and then we got home and it was just meltdown after meltdown!

My youngest is the same, when oldest is at school she is just such a joy but after 4pm its like they become different children!
All I have is sympathy. Mine are 2 & 5 and both myself and Mr B refer to 4-7pm as the witching hour. Everyone is tired, usually hungry and 2yo is grumpy that 5yo is looking for attention after being at school all day. What has worked for us is having a set bedtime routine for both kids involving a separate bath, milk and story time for each child. Fortunately we can take turns with each child to feel like they're getting some good 1-2-1 time.

After almost 2 years we still haven't quite worked it out but this is the closest we've got!

• Heart
Reactions: 3
I think I'd be tired doing all of that regardless of sleep I think 😂
yeah I do pack a lot in! But she enjoys it and I’m off with her for 2 days during the week so I guess that’s why I do so much as it compensates for nursery 😂 it’s easier in summer though when we can just be out all day

All I have is sympathy. Mine are 2 & 5 and both myself and Mr B refer to 4-7pm as the witching hour. Everyone is tired, usually hungry and 2yo is grumpy that 5yo is looking for attention after being at school all day. What has worked for us is having a set bedtime routine for both kids involving a separate bath, milk and story time for each child. Fortunately we can take turns with each child to feel like they're getting some good 1-2-1 time.

After almost 2 years we still haven't quite worked it out but this is the closest we've got!
Yes definitely witching hour!! I have started doing their baths separately which has helped (more tiring for me) weekdays I can jusy about manage as its a short time but weekends my husband works and i’m left with both of them
On my own 😩

they’re arent at the age where they can enjoy the same activites yet either, so if we go park/softplay they both want my attention for doing their separate things and then obviously they have tantrums cause i have to sort the other out 🤣

just have to keep reminding myself its a short period of life

Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.