Toddler Advice Thread #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Awww I absolutely love the new born stage but it is hard work. I’m so glad I had him young. I was24 when I had him

but I also love how he’s 3 and In bed for 7pm. I’m one and done too… I think if I had another it would tip me over the edge 😂

Reactions: 4
Awww I absolutely love the new born stage but it is hard work. I’m so glad I had him young. I was24 when I had him

but I also love how he’s 3 and In bed for 7pm. I’m one and done too… I think if I had another it would tip me over the edge 😂
Oh the difference between having my 1st at 21 and 4th at 33 🫠 I blame it on the school runs though. They are the devil

• Heart
Reactions: 2
(He was 6 weeks early and had sepsis. Waters broke so birth was induced which was something I don’t care to repeat 0-10cm in 12 minutes. (Don’t believe it was age related though).
pregnancy itself was tiring for sure otherwise not much difference. Other than no morning sickness at all- that made me so happy 😂. The hardest thing was going through pregnancy/birth through lockdown somy husband couldn’t go to scans etc.

• Heart
  • Sad
I looove a newborn 🥰🥰🥰 like @Jellybean093 i hate 4 months, that’s tit, but then love it again after that! Gotta say I’m not too keen on age 8-9. And still have 3 more to get through it 😬
I would have had a 5th but MrMe was absolutely a no (he didn’t even really want a 3rd let alone a 4th!)

Guys my 4yo is driving us nuts 😩😩😩

She has always been extremely independent - she could fully dress and undress by 2, shoes, coat, zips etc. She potty trained herself at 2yrs 2 months, she could ride a two wheeler just 3 weeks after turning 3. She is independent, capable, and single minded when she wants to learn to do things.

But since she started preschool She is an absolute NIGHTMARE. She refuses to do anything for herself at all. Won’t dress or undress, won’t zip up her coat, wants us to do it all. And it’s causing major problems every morning and evening. Tonight I decided I would just change her without her having to ask a million times, so I started taking her top off, she then grabbed it and refused to let go. So I said ok, change in to pjs yourself, at which point she starts screaming and crying because she wants help 🤯

I know it’s just because she’s so tired from school, and that there has been a lot of change and this is one way of exerting her choice over what happens to her since she has no choice in so much. But Oh My Gosh. It’s infuriating. She is hard work, and not very much fun to be round these last 6 weeks

Any helps to magically fix her much appreciated.

Last edited:
See there is absolutely no way I’ll be having a child when I’m in my 30s😂😂😂. I’m knackered now as it is!!
When I was younger I always said I do not want any children after 30. Yet, here we are. With 2 kids after 30 😂
In my 20s I thought 30 was old. Now I’m here, it’s not too bad!

@Definitelyme you are the one that made me realise how tit 4months+ is, and after 3 kids, I couldn’t understand why. Definitely the worst age for babies!

• Haha
When I was younger I always said I do not want any children after 30. Yet, here we are. With 2 kids after 30 😂
In my 20s I thought 30 was old. Now I’m here, it’s not too bad!

@Definitelyme you are the one that made me realise how tit 4months+ is, and after 3 kids, I couldn’t understand why. Definitely the worst age for babies!
My neighbour today said “maybe when I’m older, like 30” 😱 i felt like the old pensioner next door

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Anyone have any magic tips aside from calpol to help my 4yo?
She's had a temperature since Friday. Poor girl is not herself at all.
Normally you can't even get her to sit down, never mind sit still.
She hasnt moved out of my bed since Friday morning aside from toilet ect.

Every time her temperature goes up, she just wants to sleep.
Have no idea how to help her though.
I know there probably isn't anything but maybe hoping there's some magic medicine I'm missing 😂

• Heart
  • Sad

I know there probably isn't anything but maybe hoping there's some magic medicine I'm missing 😂
You’ve probably considered this already but have you phoned 111? It might be an infection that needs antibiotics to bring down the fever. My son was like this in April and turned out it was a nasty inner ear infection x

Have you tried ibuprofen? My daughter had a terrible fever on Wednesday calpol wasn’t bringing it down so the doctor said to use ibuprofen and calpol together which helped. The next day I used calpol didn’t work so used ibuprofen and that did. I wouldn’t do both without talking to a doctor. He prescribed antibiotics as she’s been ill consistently for 3 weeks culminating in the fever which has worked so she might have an infection?

Reactions: 3
Have you tried ibuprofen? My daughter had a terrible fever on Wednesday calpol wasn’t bringing it down so the doctor said to use ibuprofen and calpol together which helped. The next day I used calpol didn’t work so used ibuprofen and that did. I wouldn’t do both without talking to a doctor. He prescribed antibiotics as she’s been ill consistently for 3 weeks culminating in the fever which has worked so she might have an infection?
When mine had a viral we were told to alternate between calpol and ibuprofen every few hours. Seemed to do the trick 😊

Reactions: 3
Would also suggest alternating between paracetamol & ibuprofen every few hours, we’ve had to do that a couple of times when the fever won’t break. Just be careful not to exceed the recommend dose per 24 hours for each.

My little girl has just had something very similar apart from hers was also with a cold/cough. She wouldn’t eat for 3 days, was barely drinking anything, just wanted to sleep. She is an absolute nightmare when it comes to calpol/ibuprofen, I have to hide it in all sorts of places to get it down her like a sip of milk, yoghurt etc, which is ok when she will actually eat/drink 🙄 I just let her sleep it off as when she was sleeping her temp seemed to naturally drop and I was at an absolute loss of what to do otherwise. By day 3 the temp had eased but her behaviour was still the same, very subdued, not herself at all. She woke up yesterday and it was like she was a different child, completely back to normal 😂

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.