Toddler Advice Thread #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Not really! It's at least 8.30pm until he goes to sleep, which after a long day at work can be quite difficult :censored:
Oh no defo put a stop to it! I’m a sahm and if she’s not in bed for 7.30 I’m losing it 🤣 they should be following your guidance not what makes it easier for them. What will they do in the summer holidays when she’s not there?

Reactions: 3
Oh no defo put a stop to it! I’m a sahm and if she’s not in bed for 7.30 I’m losing it 🤣 they should be following your guidance not what makes it easier for them. What will they do in the summer holidays when she’s not there?
I dread to think about summer! the two weeks was long enough haha. Thank you, I might have a little word with them next time I go in. My partner won't, he's too timid :ROFLMAO:

Reactions: 1
Does he sleep ok at night if he naps? My 3 year old daughter would be up til midnight if she had a nap now so I would absolutely put a stop to that. It’s not being pushy, and at 3 I think it’s pretty normal for them to not nap.
yeah my 3 year old doesn’t nap either and the only time she naps is if she’s falling asleep and I can’t force her to stay awake 🤣

Reactions: 2
My 2.5 year old hadn’t napped the last two days, I’ve been accepting of it and implemented quiet time instead which actually worked yesterday and he sat on some cushions and looked at some books and played quietly… BUT he is waking at 12am really upset and having to sleep with us which I cbf with as my sleep is crap enough with the baby… will his body adjust or perhaps a sign he’s not ready to drop the nap yet. He’s sleeping around 7pm to 6/7am

My 2.5 year old hadn’t napped the last two days, I’ve been accepting of it and implemented quiet time instead which actually worked yesterday and he sat on some cushions and looked at some books and played quietly… BUT he is waking at 12am really upset and having to sleep with us which I cbf with as my sleep is crap enough with the baby… will his body adjust or perhaps a sign he’s not ready to drop the nap yet. He’s sleeping around 7pm to 6/7am
Is it definitely linked to the nap?
My 4yo started doing this during the night, waking up and coming into me after we had a baby because she knew us 3 were in a room together and I think she felt like she was missing out

Reactions: 3
When mini A goes to bed on bonfire night I put white noise on and it drowns them out x
He’s gone to bed ok thank god. The dog was going mad at th back door so I let him out and when I did my back neighbours must have let them it cos it was soooo loud and above us. He ran off screaming and crying I feel awful😭😭😭

Is it definitely linked to the nap?
My 4yo started doing this during the night, waking up and coming into me after we had a baby because she knew us 3 were in a room together and I think she felt like she was missing out
It’s a possibility 😂😭

My little was quite interested by the noises but he’s really scared when it gets dark outside! He doesn’t even like looking out the window. Dreading the shorter days.

Reactions: 2
My little girl has just started going ape tit about the light going off. It’s been hell now the nights are darker. Going to spend £25 tomorrow on a chicco projector teddy that will probably help for one night only but I can’t bear the meltdowns 😭

My little girl has just started going ape tit about the light going off. It’s been hell now the nights are darker. Going to spend £25 tomorrow on a chicco projector teddy that will probably help for one night only but I can’t bear the meltdowns 😭
I got a dimmable night light off Amazon for £10, you don’t need to spend a fortune x

I got a dimmable night light off Amazon for £10, you don’t need to spend a fortune x
She has 3 nightlights already 😂 one on her monitor, a very dim one on her Yoto player and a light up fairy house which is so bright. We took away her dummy last week so I think it’s just projecting. I’m hoping the light up teddy will replace her dummy. I could just push through but I’m 30 weeks pregnant and i really am struggling not to shout.

Just dropping back in, sending lots of wine (or whatever is your vice of choice) to everyone having a tough time of it :)

Fireworks were constant last night (as to be expected) but mini Pillows slept through most of them thank God. She was watching them out of the window before bed and absolutely loving them.

Reactions: 9
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.