To COVID vaccine, or not to vaccine? #3

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I was thinking yesterday - why is everyone so on edge about side effects? I got side effects from pretty much all the vaccines I got as a kid. I specifically remember one of them being particularly bad (exponentially swollen and painful red arm, headache, stomach pains and fever). I can't recall which one. I remember discussing side effects from the basic vaccines we got as children with various people last year before these COVID vaccines got authorized. I don't think side effects are reflective of the true risks of the vaccine.
I think it's adverse reactions more than normal side effects .

Reactions: 5
A couple of articles which explain.

oh dear , oh well i will have a look anyway

No i didnt to be fair. Thanks anyway x
Effectiveness after one dose of vaccine (BNT162b2 or ChAdOx1 nCoV-19) was notably lower among persons with the delta variant

Reactions: 2
Effectiveness after one dose of vaccine (BNT162b2 or ChAdOx1 nCoV-19) was notably lower among persons with the delta variant

Thank you i will look at those also xx

Does anyone have any reservations with respect to vaccine and breastfeeding- my gut instinct says don't do it till you at least stop,which I won't do to take the vaccine,my overwhelming protective feeling towards my baby,and the nature in which the vaccine is being pushed,from angles of media and family even,is putting me against whilst I'm not anti vaccine,I had my vaccines through childhood,all except flu jab when pregnant which I feel was pushed a bit and I pulled away from that feeling and said no,it's the feeling that I just need it to not be so fuzzy in terms of long term effects,or transferring from breast milk or even if I want another child what if ,the what ifs. I have had Covid. I just don't trust,I don't know how to shake the feeling,I don't feeling many around me will understand,everyone was desperate for the vaccine,but I can't seem to do it.

Reactions: 6
Does anyone have any reservations with respect to vaccine and breastfeeding- my gut instinct says don't do it till you at least stop,which I won't do to take the vaccine,my overwhelming protective feeling towards my baby,and the nature in which the vaccine is being pushed,from angles of media and family even,is putting me against whilst I'm not anti vaccine,I had my vaccines through childhood,all except flu jab when pregnant which I feel was pushed a bit and I pulled away from that feeling and said no,it's the feeling that I just need it to not be so fuzzy in terms of long term effects,or transferring from breast milk or even if I want another child what if ,the what ifs. I have had Covid. I just don't trust,I don't know how to shake the feeling,I don't feeling many around me will understand,everyone was desperate for the vaccine,but I can't seem to do it.
Yes me. I am still breastfeeding my 18 month old and we are hoping for another baby in the near future. Plus I have Crohns disease. There are far too many unknowns on all those factors for me personally and just based on my own risk assessment of covid for myself vs the vaccine - I would choose not to get it without factoring the above in anyway.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
I’m also breastfeeding - not antivax but have chosen to decline this vaccine at this time. It’s not worth the anxiety it will cause me for my personal risk to covid so when I weighed it up for myself I’ve decided to wait until I feel confident it’s the right thing for me and at the moment I don’t feel it is! I’m equally as anxious taking any medications when breastfeeding so this isn’t only because it’s new, I feel when you have a baby to consider it adds to the pressure. I find the whole scaremongering campaign by the govt really unhelpful as it just makes me question even more why they keep bribing people and pushing it so much and why they won’t accept a negative test but will accept double vaccines it makes me question a lot

• Heart
I’m also breastfeeding - not antivax but have chosen to decline this vaccine at this time. It’s not worth the anxiety it will cause me for my personal risk to covid so when I weighed it up for myself I’ve decided to wait until I feel confident it’s the right thing for me and at the moment I don’t feel it is! I’m equally as anxious taking any medications when breastfeeding so this isn’t only because it’s new, I feel when you have a baby to consider it adds to the pressure. I find the whole scaremongering campaign by the govt really unhelpful as it just makes me question even more why they keep bribing people and pushing it so much and why they won’t accept a negative test but will accept double vaccines it makes me question a lot
The longer I decline the more I feel I back away,question I don't trust and I feel rather alienated and a little ashamed if people ask because they jump to the conclusion anti vaxer,but I'm looking at a pen of sheep and im not in the pen ,and I heard a wonderful quote yesterday that stated that if your looking at the pen wondering and thinking why you are not inside and don't think the same don't question yourself ,run the other way.

• Sad
Reactions: 5
I think there seems to be such a large amount of people developing FND, heart and blood issues after having it is quite worrying
A large amount? Since you believe that adverse reactions have been 'covered up' how do you know there has been a 'large" amount?

Is there a single reputable organisation that is advising breastfeeding mothers or pregnant women not to be vaccinated?

Last edited:
A large amount? Since you believe that adverse reactions have been 'covered up' how do you know there has been a 'large" amount?

Is there a single reputable organisation that is advising breastfeeding mothers or pregnant women not to be vaccinated?
Is there a reputable source that has any data on how those kids will be developmentally in a year + time? People have every right to hold off if they’re not comfortable .

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Is there a reputable source that has any data on how those kids will be developmentally in a year + time? People have every right to hold off if they’re not comfortable .
Exactly, if it’s not your body it’s not your choice. Have your vaccine, don’t have your vaccine but don’t try and guilt someone into doing it because it’s right for you and equally don’t try and guilt someone into not doing it because it’s not for you

• Heart
Exactly, if it’s not your body it’s not your choice. Have your vaccine, don’t have your vaccine but don’t try and guilt someone into doing it because it’s right for you and equally don’t try and guilt someone into not doing it because it’s not for you
Definitely! I’ve seen posts about people being selfish because they invited people to their wedding and some think it’s up to grown adults to tell other grown adults how to behave at such events 🙄 stop the world…. Anyway how reassuring is this 🤭
953F6987-782A-4498-A721-098FFA5EADF1.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: 4
I got my 2nd vax today, Im in Scotland and when I got it the woman told me to go to a website and apply for my vaccine passport to be sent to me. I thought it would be an app or something? Not that Im planning on going anywhere or doing anything 😂

• Haha
I got my 2nd vax today, Im in Scotland and when I got it the woman told me to go to a website and apply for my vaccine passport to be sent to me. I thought it would be an app or something? Not that Im planning on going anywhere or doing anything 😂
You could always frame it as an inheritance for the grandkids 😜

• Haha

Why are you so defensive?
Yes, a large amount. A lot of it being online and then magically vanishing, because the internet can censor that, but definitely not racism, c/p, abuse etc.
Also, anyone dare mention adverse reactions and it’s told it’s a ‘small’ amount, is it really? I am fully entitled to have my reservations and be concerned about an adverse reaction from a vaccine that has been out for a very small amount of time.

Do people forget when Thalidomide was gave out to pregnant women as safe? - my MIL is a thalidomide baby. These things do happen.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Yes, a large amount. A lot of it being online and then magically vanishing, because the internet can censor that, but definitely not racism, c/p, abuse etc.
Also, anyone dare mention adverse reactions and it’s told it’s a ‘small’ amount, is it really? I am fully entitled to have my reservations and be concerned about an adverse reaction from a vaccine that has been out for a very small amount of time.

Do people forget when Thalidomide was gave out to pregnant women as safe? - my MIL is a thalidomide baby. These things do happen.
They don't care, because it's not personally relevant to them. I've noticed a lot of these posters are older and therefore more likely to be vulnerable. So like to preach what the rest of us should be doing with our bodies.
You won't convince them otherwise, so absolutely don't waste precious energy trying.

• Heart

Or for an even more recent example Serzone - the antidepressant that passed all clinical trials but found in practice it actually gives people suicidal thinking and suicidal behaviour. It has since been largely discontinued. It also was found to cause life threatening liver failure in a lot of cases.

Modern medicine is amazing there is no doubt about it, but they don’t always get it right and the stage of trial it is in now is a process where it is being used in practice and it is only at this stage it’s possible to pick up side effects, long term damage (if any). The technology might be researched since the 80s but it’s the first time it’s been released to the public and when something is released on this large a scale under an emergency license people are well within their right to feel apprehensive.

Definitely! I’ve seen posts about people being selfish because they invited people to their wedding and some think it’s up to grown adults to tell other grown adults how to behave at such events 🙄
If this is in reference to my post then that is not what I said :)

I haven’t had the vaccine and I’m not intending to have it! I don’t care how much pressure from social media and the news puts on me… I don’t want it.. end of 🤘
Oh 😢 taking this back 👆 my Mum has just phoned me, my cousin has just died from COVID (not vaccinated) boasted he wouldn’t get it, left a wife and 3 kids 😢 😢 😢 had flu symptoms for a few days, started to struggle to breath, admitted to hospital, died 2 days later…. Booked my jabs 😔

• Sad
So do you think I was addressing that quote to you, do you you think the vaccine is 'gene therapy' or are you admitting to being ignorant? If not then why are you butting in?

As it happens you are totally wrong that vaccination protects nobody but you but I wouldn't even attempt to convince you of that fact.
You knew exactly what you were doing posting that holier than thou quote - but feel free to twist the argument to suit you.

Just to point out, if you have trouble understanding; this is a discussion forum, where people post things which illicit responses. Therefore 'butting in' isn't really a thing. I assume you are a retired teacher.

Don't worry to reply, I've popped you on Ignore which I should have done much sooner.

• Heart
  • Haha
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.