To COVID vaccine, or not to vaccine? #3

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I had my second Moderna jab on Saturday afternoon and felt absolutely awful yesterday, proper flu symptoms, only had enough energy to get out of bed once to make myself a slice of toast. Awful. Feel almost back to normal now though. Didn't get any side effected after the first one though

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 4
Me choosing to have the vaccine or not protects no one else but me. A family member of mine in his 70s, double jabbed, caught covid and passed it on to his wife. He didn't end up in hospital however, so for that reason it works for the vulnerable.
I'm sorry your family member got Covid and passed it on to his wife despite being vaccinated (but glad he didn't end up in hospital) . These cases happen, however studies have shown that the risk of transmitting the virus is very low for people who are vaccinated, so it doesn't only protect yourself... I understand your doubts but individual cases shouldn't be used to generally claim something isn't working / question the efficacy of vaccines or other stuff.

Reactions: 1
I just got a text from the HSE ahead of my appointment stating that it is important that I attend the appointment and get the vaccine as it also protects against the Delta variant. I didn't get this text last week before deciding to reschedule. They're really pushing it. Also, they're saying it protects against the Delta variant - seems like a bit of a marketing ploy from the HSE. If the vaccine was that strong to the point where it fully protects against the Delta variant, why would Pfizer be working on a "booster" shot? I'm sure it does protect to an extent, but let's not mislead people in order to convince them to get a vaccine.

Reactions: 5
I just got a text from the HSE ahead of my appointment stating that it is important that I attend the appointment and get the vaccine as it also protects against the Delta variant. I didn't get this text last week before deciding to reschedule. They're really pushing it. Also, they're saying it protects against the Delta variant - seems like a bit of a marketing ploy from the HSE. If the vaccine was that strong to the point where it fully protects against the Delta variant, why would Pfizer be working on a "booster" shot? I'm sure it does protect to an extent, but let's not mislead people in order to convince them to get a vaccine.
It’s almost 6 months since I’ve been fully vaccinated with Pfizer as I’m a HCP and also clinically extremely vulnerable and there’s no long term data on how long immunity lasts especially in those of us who are on immunosuppressant medication
Like the annual flu vaccination programme I think the booster dose is to get us in line with the flu vaccination in the Autumn and may be an annual requirement

Reactions: 2
We just got an update on the return to office for our company. The email started with the vaccine progression statistics. The HSE stated all eligible adults could fully be vaccinated by the end of August. It's implicitly very clear from the email that they expect us to be vaccinated before returning to the office in September. While I believe they would never mandate their staff to get vaccinated, it's obvious the only solution is to get the vaccine if we're due to return in September. Either I remain working from home (which is not an option from the looks of it) or I have to get vaccinated. I can't set a foot in the office unvaccinated and risk my health although antigen testing will be part of the routine (3 times a week). I doubt they'd allow me unvaccinated the way things are going in this country.

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: 5
It’s almost 6 months since I’ve been fully vaccinated with Pfizer as I’m a HCP and also clinically extremely vulnerable and there’s no long term data on how long immunity lasts especially in those of us who are on immunosuppressant medication
Like the annual flu vaccination programme I think the booster dose is to get us in line with the flu vaccination in the Autumn and may be an annual requirement
Pfizer immunity wanes after 4 month’s according to reports so it wouldn’t be once a year unless there’s a new variant that doesn’t impede the vaccines.

I'm sorry your family member got Covid and passed it on to his wife despite being vaccinated (but glad he didn't end up in hospital) . These cases happen, however studies have shown that the risk of transmitting the virus is very low for people who are vaccinated, so it doesn't only protect yourself... I understand your doubts but individual cases shouldn't be used to generally claim something isn't working / question the efficacy of vaccines or other stuff.
That’s not true there’s hundreds of thousands ( possibly more)fully vaccinated people passing it on according to report’s now coming from the US .

Reactions: 4
I have a bit of a silly question! I was originally scheduled to get the Pfizer-BioNTech vaccine. I logged onto the portal and it specifically stated "Pfizer-BioNTech". I logged back in today and it now states " Comirnaty". Is it the exact same as the Pfizer one or a different declination of the Pfizer? I'm pretty sure the vaccine name was amended on the appointment details. I was assured over the phone last week that despite rescheduling my appointment, the vaccine would remain the same. It seems most of the information I found on whether it's the same comes from Singapore or Oz.

Last edited:
I have a bit of a silly question. I was originally scheduled to get the Pfizer-BioNTech vaccine. I logged onto the portal and it specifically stated "Pfizer-BioNTech". I logged back in today and it now states " Comirnaty". Is it the exact same as the Pfizer one or a different declination of the Pfizer? I was assured over the phone last week that despite rescheduling my appointment, the vaccine would remain the same.
Comirnaty is the name of the vaccine that has been developed by Pfizer/Biontech.
When people talk about Pfizer/Biontech or AZ they talk about who is behind it, not the actual name of the vaccine.

Reactions: 3
I have a bit of a silly question! I was originally scheduled to get the Pfizer-BioNTech vaccine. I logged onto the portal and it specifically stated "Pfizer-BioNTech". I logged back in today and it now states " Comirnaty". Is it the exact same as the Pfizer one or a different declination of the Pfizer? I'm pretty sure the vaccine name was amended on the appointment details. I was assured over the phone last week that despite rescheduling my appointment, the vaccine would remain the same. It seems most of the information I found on whether it's the same comes from Singapore.
Comirnaty is the brand name of the Pfizer vaccine :)

Me choosing to have the vaccine or not protects no one else but me. A family member of mine in his 70s, double jabbed, caught covid and passed it on to his wife. He didn't end up in hospital however, so for that reason it works for the vulnerable. I totally respect your decision to vaccinate, as should you respect what others choose to do with THEIR bodies. I'm not a tin-foil hat wearing CT or am anti-vax, I simply ask questions where things don't make sense.
You realise this quote works both ways Moth I presume?

I'm glad it was such a wonderfully simply decision for you to vaccinate. As someone who has suffered multiple miscarriages, and been undergoing IVF, I simply cannot afford to run anymore risks with unknowns.
Not that my reasons are any of your business, but please, enjoy the view from your high horse.
So do you think I was addressing that quote to you, do you you think the vaccine is 'gene therapy' or are you admitting to being ignorant? If not then why are you butting in?

As it happens you are totally wrong that vaccination protects nobody but you but I wouldn't even attempt to convince you of that fact.

How much would it cut tranmission by please. And dont think im being sarcastic because i go on the conspiracy thread. Im not being im genuinely interested because my husband has had it and i have not. Thank you xx

How much would it cut tranmission by please. And dont think im being sarcastic because i go on the conspiracy thread. Im not being im genuinely interested because my husband has had it and i have not. Thank you xx
A couple of articles which explain.

Thank you for that i will have a look at those. Thats very nice of you xx

Not based on the Delta !

I still haven’t had the vaccine(s).

I’m not antivax, but a few things are putting me off:
Maybe stupid but, gut feeling
The covering up, minimisation, and/or censoring of genuine adverse reactions
The gradual process of making it mandatory (as in, I know it isn’t mandatory per se but the circle closing in on employment, travelling, etc makes me worried?)

I’m not even against having it, I’ve had covid luckily for me it was mild. I hope I don’t come across as ‘selfish’ as that’s the general viewpoint folks are having, more concerned and probably paranoid ...but definitely the adverse reaction and the minimisation it’s facing is quite worrying.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
I was thinking yesterday - why is everyone so on edge about side effects? I got side effects from pretty much all the vaccines I got as a kid. I specifically remember one of them being particularly bad (exponentially swollen and painful red arm, headache, stomach pains and fever). I can't recall which one. I remember discussing side effects from the basic vaccines we got as children with various people last year before these COVID vaccines got authorized. I don't think side effects are reflective of the true risks of the vaccine.

I was thinking yesterday - why is everyone so on edge about side effects? I got side effects from pretty much all the vaccines I got as a kid. I specifically remember one of them being particularly bad (exponentially swollen and painful red arm, headache, stomach pains and fever). I can't recall which one. I remember discussing side effects from the basic vaccines we got as children with various people last year before these COVID vaccines got authorized. I don't think side effects are reflective of the true risks of the vaccine.
I think there seems to be such a large amount of people developing FND, heart and blood issues after having it is quite worrying

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.