To COVID vaccine, or not to vaccine? #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I think it includes 30 and above not šŸ’Æ on that.
So anyone who was 30 and above on 30th March 2021 will get Astrazeneca and anyone who was 29 and younger on 30th March will get something else. Not very clear.

Also why the 30th March and not 31st March. šŸ¤£

Reactions: 2
So anyone who was 30 and above on 30th March 2021 will get Astrazeneca and anyone who was 29 and younger on 30th March will get something else. Not very clear.
I think thatā€™s how it works as they state under 30s donā€™t get it...a bit like under 18s canā€™t vote, but 18 and above can? I could be wrong but thatā€™s how they usually work things.

Reactions: 3
Bidens waiver could have a lot of the pharmas waving goodbye!...20 boosters šŸ˜²...definitely her last wordsšŸ‘šŸ»

Also why the 30th March and not 31st March. šŸ¤£
You may not need to worry! The Times is also running this headline
A9E13370-D516-404A-8EAC-B96621AF1501.jpeg

Last edited:
  • Wow
ā€œIf you were under 30 years old on 30 March 2021, you will not be offered appointments for the Oxford/AstraZeneca vaccine.ā€

Does that mean 29 and below only or does it also include people who were 30? šŸ§
Thats interesting because theyve opened some early vaccines for 30 to 34 year olds here in NI and they defined that age bracket as people with DOB up to 30th April 1991!

Reactions: 1
It says if they are deemed to ā€œhave enough intelligence, competence and understanding to fully appreciate what's involved in their treatment.ā€ The way I am reading it is, it may not be the case for every child under 16.
But who decides which ones are mature enough? Surely maturity is subjective.

Some adults don't seem to be ' mature enough '

I think a teenager ( and adults too) can be immature but still have a gut feeling about whether they consent to the jab .

Also , Surely consent is for a limited time. Couldn't they have it at a slightly later date , rather than immediately.

Last edited:
You may not need to worry! The Times is also running this headline View attachment 563053
Thanks, I wasnā€™t too concerned. It jusy wasnā€™t really clear. Will be interesting to see what other sources will report too.

Thats interesting because theyve opened some early vaccines for 30 to 34 year olds here in NI and they defined that age bracket as people with DOB up to 30th April 1991!
It seems to vary then depending on which part of the UK you are living in. šŸ§

I think a teenager ( and adults too) can be immature but still have a gut feeling about whether they consent to the jab .

Also , Surely consent is for a limited time. Couldn't they have it at a slightly later date , rather than immediately.
I did in a previous post say that I think there would be a professional present, either a psychologist or someone with relevant training. In addition the notion of measuring intelligence/competence/understanding is a very subjective thing.

Reactions: 3

It's always a tricky subject when it comes to 16 years olds. I'm in Scotland and 16 year olds are able to vote in elections here and it brings up the same maturity argument with people saying 16 year olds don't know enough, don't understand and will just mindlessly vote the way their parents tell them - completely ignoring the fact that some grown adults still vote the way their parents told them back when they were 18 because they've never bothered to look in to other options.

People don't give 16 year olds enough credit. At 16 you can get a job, leave school (in Scotland anyway), get married without parental consent (in Scotland), join the army but you can't vote or consent to a vaccine?

I also saw someone say back in the thread that 16 year olds still need a parent to consent for them to leave school at lunch etc - in my area in Scotland this isn't required. I was going out in to town at lunchtime when I was 11 and my parents didn't have to give consent. It's just an accepted part of going to secondary school here that you're allowed to go out for lunch. Same with a youth theatre I went to during the holidays - if you were under 11 your parents needed to give consent but apart from that you were fine to roam as you please.

Reactions: 5
I did in a previous post say that I think there would be a professional present, either a psychologist or someone with relevant training. In addition the notion of measuring intelligence/competence/understanding is a very subjective thing.
That's deeper than I had in . Teenagers are more than capable of instinctively thinking yes or no towards the vaccine. From these threads , it's apparent that adults are still undecided. People are taking the available vaccines, knowing the ingredients and how it works ( although not necessarily understanding them) somewhat begrudgingly because at present there is no better option.

It's always a tricky subject when it comes to 16 years olds. I'm in Scotland and 16 year olds are able to vote in elections here and it brings up the same maturity argument with people saying 16 year olds don't know enough, don't understand and will just mindlessly vote the way their parents tell them - completely ignoring the fact that some grown adults still vote the way their parents told them back when they were 18 because they've never bothered to look in to other options.

People don't give 16 year olds enough credit. At 16 you can get a job, leave school (in Scotland anyway), get married without parental consent (in Scotland), join the army but you can't vote or consent to a vaccine?

I also saw someone say back in the thread that 16 year olds still need a parent to consent for them to leave school at lunch etc - in my area in Scotland this isn't required. I was going out in to town at lunchtime when I was 11 and my parents didn't have to give consent. It's just an accepted part of going to secondary school here that you're allowed to go out for lunch. Same with a youth theatre I went to during the holidays - if you were under 11 your parents needed to give consent but apart from that you were fine to roam as you please.
Yeah that was me said about the parental consent ! My sons school require it, even sixth form they're not allowed to leave school premises without a pass that parents must consent to ,forms even be issued for school excursions ( trips to the cinema etc ) they can't vote here till they're 18 ....There's plenty of 16 yrs old hanging upside sown from trees out of the head on stuff where I live ,so responsibility doesn't extent to all .
A6B5A8F2-DB2D-4188-8CC0-D912DCE5B6FD.jpeg

Thanks, I wasnā€™t too concerned. It jusy wasnā€™t really clear. Will be interesting to see what other sources will report too.

It seems to vary then depending on which part of the UK you are living in. šŸ§

That's deeper than I had in . Teenagers are more than capable of instinctively thinking yes or no towards the vaccine. From these threads , it's apparent that adults are still undecided. People are taking the available vaccines, knowing the ingredients and how it works ( although not necessarily understanding them) somewhat begrudgingly because at present there is no better option.
I think it's hard to understand and make informed choices regardless of age when as we see the guidance is still changing ,even the scientists are still learning as they go along .

I know their were pregnant women on here asking about the vaccine

Last edited:
Reactions: 1
When you look at the millions of doses administered and the number of cases of suspected clots, it is still very rare. It is good there are alternatives for anyone who is in two minds about it or worried.

Reactions: 8
Yeah that was me said about the parental consent ! My sons school require it, even sixth form they're not allowed to leave school premises without a pass that parents must consent to ,forms even be issued for school excursions ( trips to the cinema etc ) they can't vote here till they're 18 ....There's plenty of 16 yrs old hanging upside sown from trees out of the head on stuff where I live ,so responsibility doesn't extent to all .
Our local secondary school is the same, we are Devon
Screenshot_20210507-151804_Samsung Internet.jpg

Yes it's definitely a requirement for the schools here . I think it's classed as a child safety issue too .
I thought all schools were like it. When I was at school 6th form could go off site as their lessons weren't full days

I thought all schools were like it. When I was at school 6th form could go off site as their lessons weren't full days
It depends! When my son was in sixth form they had full days except at exam time they still had to report to the different classes and it was run pretty much like the rest of the school the only difference was they could make tea or coffee for themselves if they had a study period between lessons, but they still needed parental permission to leave the premises even if they were ill the school would phone to make sure it was ok to send them home .

Where I am they are leaving 4 weeks between Pfizer and Moderna and 12 weeks for AZ

Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.