To COVID vaccine, or not to vaccine? #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
A quick Google will show that there are many young girls who have gone on to have seizures after having the jab. You're right though, it's still considered a safe vaccine, but I never said it wasn't.
If however you were that person who suffered badly and know in your heart that it stems from the jab, or friend or family member of that person then you'd be wary of future vaccines.

Same goes for the swine flu vaccine. There are many nurses still fighting for compensation after suffering narcolepsy after having that jab... maybe that why 1/3 of nhs staff have refused the jab, I don't know.

They will always say its safe because of the huge numbers of people they vaccinate, against the numbers of serious side effects, which does make sense.
As I say though, if you have first hand experience with severe reactions then it will make you think about other jabs, and I can't blame that.
Nothing I said was baseless, it was based on what stories people have told and I'm not going to disbelieve their experience. That's not fair on them
Im NHS and had the Oxford vaccine - had no qualms about it getting it as that kind of vaccine has been around since the 60s

Reactions: 3
I won't be getting it. Come for me! but I don't feel confident in the turn around of no vaccine to vaccine for a virus that little is known about and the number of mutations there have been.

Reactions: 12
I can’t bloody wait to be vaccinated! They could tell me they’re injecting straight vodka into me and I’d still do it if it meant getting back to normal life/ being allowed to travel this year. My only concern is how long it’s going to take to get one, as Ireland aren’t considering asthmatics priority and our rollout is very slow 😣

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 8
I won't be getting it. Come for me! but I don't feel confident in the turn around of no vaccine to vaccine for a virus that little is known about and the number of mutations there have been.
The research / technology has always been there and has been used on many other vaccines, companies just had to wait for the genetic sequence to be studied for it to be apply to the technology

Reactions: 12
The research / technology has always been there and has been used on many other vaccines, companies just had to wait for the genetic sequence to be studied for it to be apply to the technology
Yep! So much research and vaccine study had already been done on SARS and MERS and this virus is similar.

Reactions: 8
My husband was emailed to take the vaccine at the Excel centre recently. He had been an in patient at Barts Hospital last year - only briefly for a severe migraine. He was told to come between the hours of 10 - 4. I came with him as I could drive him home if he had a bad reaction to it.
This was the first day they had opened up the vaccination to vulnerable people aged 16-65. The place was absolutely rammed. We waited 5 hours. Thankfully there were seats dotted about and volunteers handed out fruit, crisps and chocolate. In the end they gave me the jab too as I'd waited so long.
The next day I woke up with a headache. I felt hot all day and in the afternoon I had a nap. I was tired till the evening. The next day I was absolutely fine.
I was told I could book my second jab online and choose a local venue.
I feel very glad I've had it.

Reactions: 7
Im NHS and had the Oxford vaccine - had no qualms about it getting it as that kind of vaccine has been around since the 60s
I think its the Pfizer one that people are most apprehensive about where its brand new technology.
I'm in healthcare and have spent a lot of time thinking about this. I wanted to wait until there was some data about the transmission and have been watching Israel. Its does seem that it does help, so after holding back I took the plunge and had mine today. I will admit that I was very nervous incase it was Pfizer! I had AZ though which made me feel so much better for the same reasons as you gave.
You say you had no qualms about the Oxford one, so out if interest would you have thought more carefully about Pfizer, and possibly have refused it?

• Heart
Reactions: 2
I think its the Pfizer one that people are most apprehensive about where its brand new technology.
I'm in healthcare and have spent a lot of time thinking about this. I wanted to wait until there was some data about the transmission and have been watching Israel. Its does seem that it does help, so after holding back I took the plunge and had mine today. I will admit that I was very nervous incase it was Pfizer! I had AZ though which made me feel so much better for the same reasons as you gave.
You say you had no qualms about the Oxford one, so out if interest would you have thought more carefully about Pfizer, and possibly have refused it?
regarding the pfizer , i probably wouldnt have as i studied masters in genetics and research so i know how mRna works,

if i was joe bloggs off the street then probs i would be nervous but because of the knowledge i have , it wouldnt phase me

something I'm confused about with all the talk of vaccine passports travel restrictions etc - if the vaccine isn't recommended for pregnant/breastfeeding/ttc women, how will that work with us not being able to get the vaccine but still needing to be out/travelling etc.. seems this is a large part of the population & if recommendations stay the same it could be 2 years until I'm able to get it.. interested if anyone has any views?

Reactions: 1
something I'm confused about with all the talk of vaccine passports travel restrictions etc - if the vaccine isn't recommended for pregnant/breastfeeding/ttc women, how will that work with us not being able to get the vaccine but still needing to be out/travelling etc.. seems this is a large part of the population & if recommendations stay the same it could be 2 years until I'm able to get it.. interested if anyone has any views?
I’ve read that with Greece you can visit but you will wait in a longer line to show your negative test result which you have to have to enter and then if you have had the vaccine you get fast tracked? But if we are allowed to go Greece in June, I would of been fully vaccinated because of my job, but my best friend wouldn’t so I’m like what like do we go in or do we split off lol

It is recommended for those ttcing and breastfeeding mothers now and pregnant women are advised to have it if they are at risk of severe complications from Covid.

However there are a lot of people who won't be able to have the vaccine for health reasons, plus a while for the younger people to have it. It's why I don't think the passports will work or that they should be brought in.

I had my vaccine (I'm 30) , that night I couldn't sleep at all. I was absolutely freezing cold to boiling hot. The next day I had the most horrific migraine, I couldn't even open my eyes. I thought my head was going to explode, I was boiling hot all day too. That night I slept well but woke up absolutely soaked through from sweat. I had to change the bed covers, then the next day was boiling hot all day until the evening then finally wore off. If I had known I'd have felt like that I'm not sure if I would have had it done. I'm not looking forward to my 2nd dose in May

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 6
Nah, no vaccine for me because Bill Gates want to spy on me. He cares so much about what a woman from Dublin does on a daily basis that he came up with this plandemic just to spy on us.

On a serious note... of course I'll be getting the vaccine, but the Irish government is the greatest shower of idiots who couldn't organise a piss-up in a brewery. I wonder sometimes do they actually fo out of their way to duck up. Long story short, the vaccination programme is being rolled out here but you'd swear if they were going any slower, they'd be going backwards. I'm guessing I'll probably get vaccinated next Autumn.

• Heart
  • Haha
Definitely getting it, no question.
Have the flu jab every year, have had all sorts of other vaccinations in the past to travel, not even a question for me.
Am a bit peeved that people I know (local to me) have had it and I haven't when they're younger with no health conditions and I'm over 50, overweight and have mild asthma.
Yes, I am slowly and sensibly reducing my weight but I guess its dependent on doctor/council areas who gets invited when 🤔

I had my vaccine (I'm 30) , that night I couldn't sleep at all. I was absolutely freezing cold to boiling hot. The next day I had the most horrific migraine, I couldn't even open my eyes. I thought my head was going to explode, I was boiling hot all day too. That night I slept well but woke up absolutely soaked through from sweat. I had to change the bed covers, then the next day was boiling hot all day until the evening then finally wore off. If I had known I'd have felt like that I'm not sure if I would have had it done. I'm not looking forward to my 2nd dose in May
I had mine on Monday at 1pm and by 6pm I felt like I had the flu - awful headache, slight fever and chills. My whole body ached as well. I couldn't sleep at all it was horrible and then I felt awful until about 1pm the next day when my fever broke. It's still taken me a few more days to feel back to 100%, and my arm is actually still really sore.

• Heart
Reactions: 2
I had mine on Saturday then went for a 20 km bike ride. In the evening I had a headache, some aches and pains and felt tired. Woke up on Sunday morning feeling as right as rain and went on a long dog walk. I had the Oxford one. Three friends had theirs same time, same place and almost identical symptoms.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.