To COVID vaccine, or not to vaccine? #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
My families members have had the jag, a few of them no side effects and others were in so much pain honestly though they were having heart attacks screaming in pain for a week nearly after. One of them had covid before the jag and said they’d go through covid again than the pain they felt with the jag. I’ve never been anti-vax but I’ve never been so scared of a jag before. Any tips on how to lessen the side effects or just any information I should know before getting it?

Reactions: 2
My families members have had the jag, a few of them no side effects and others were in so much pain honestly though they were having heart attacks screaming in pain for a week nearly after. One of them had covid before the jag and said they’d go through covid again than the pain they felt with the jag. I’ve never been anti-vax but I’ve never been so scared of a jag before. Any tips on how to lessen the side effects or just any information I should know before getting it?
I suppose if you have it you may be OK, or you might suffer side effects. Either has been shown to be possible. It seems no two people experience the same. Myself and my family are not having the vaccine,but I think it's really important that you're able to make an informed choice and do what's right for you and yours. If it is possible for you to wait for a while until you're more comfortable about its safety I would do that. I know some people who are unable to sleep after having the vaccine because they feel they were bullied into it. I was never easily led in my life,and I don't follow the crowd. It's your choice in the end, but my motto had always been " If in doubt do nowt" x

• Heart
Reactions: 19
I have read that people who've already had Covid seem to be having worse reactions to the vaccine. I will try to find the article.

I have 3 family members who have all had the vaccine. One had a sore head and aches for a day after but aside from that is fine.

Reactions: 3
Where was the pain ?

Reactions: 1
Where was the pain ?
In there chest, arm, neck, leg and joints

I suppose if you have it you may be OK, or you might suffer side effects. Either has been shown to be possible. It seems no two people experience the same. Myself and my family are not having the vaccine,but I think it's really important that you're able to make an informed choice and do what's right for you and yours. If it is possible for you to wait for a while until you're more comfortable about its safety I would do that. I know some people who are unable to sleep after having the vaccine because they feel they were bullied into it. I was never easily led in my life,and I don't follow the crowd. It's your choice in the end, but my motto had always been " If in doubt do nowt" x
I think I’ll hold off on the vaccine as long as i possibly can, thank you for the information it’s really helping with my decision xx

I have read that people who've already had Covid seem to be having worse reactions to the vaccine. I will try to find the article.

I have 3 family members who have all had the vaccine. One had a sore head and aches for a day after but aside from that is fine.
I’ve had covid possibly 2 times, I never got tested as I never wanted to add to figures and also one of the times was before the lockdown even started the 1st time. It’s just so scary this jag etc. I understand why people are dying for it but I also know why so many are cautious

Reactions: 6
It seems everyone's affected differently ,when they say a sore arm I thought it would've been like the flu jab just a sore lump where the needle was but it's nothing like that the whole muscle was sore i could barely lift my arm and flu like symptoms for a day or so yet my mum had no symptoms at all.

Reactions: 3

I think I’ll hold off on the vaccine as long as i possibly can, thank you for the information it’s really helping with my decision xx
You’re very welcome. If you're young sometimes it's hard to withstand the pressure from others. Stand firm until you're sure😉

• Heart
Reactions: 4
It seems everyone's affected differently ,when they say a sore arm I thought it would've been like the flu jab just a sore lump where the needle was but it's nothing like that the whole muscle was sore i could barely lift my arm and flu like symptoms for a day or so yet my mum had no symptoms at all.
It was my mum who felt all of these she thought she was having a heart attack, I’ve never been so scared for her, I’ve heard all the horror stories with people dying after the jag etc and I was terrified she would be one of them. I can’t even describe the fear I’ve had since she got💔

• Sad
Reactions: 5
It was my mum who felt all of these she thought she was having a heart attack, I’ve never been so scared for her, I’ve heard all the horror stories with people dying after the jag etc and I was terrified she would be one of them. I can’t even describe the fear I’ve had since she got💔
Hope she's doing Ok now it must've been scary for both of you x

• Heart
Hope she's doing Ok now it must've been scary for both of you x
It’s been nearly a week now, she’s starting to get better both a bit scared but she’s seeming to only have joint pains now hopefully the next few days she is back to feeling herself! Thank you everyone for your help! I never knew this page existed and I’m glad I’ve found it now!

• Heart
I think there is a lot of anxiety due to everything that's going on right now. I had very bad chest pains at Christmas(not covid related) and the ambulance was here within minutes. Don't feel that you can't ring an ambulance if you're worried. The media tell you they're busy, they're not. And the ambulance staff know what's really going on. They're the honest people 😉 My friends mum has reacted badly to the first jab and won't have the next, so that may be the best option for your mum. Take good care x

• Heart
I see The Queen has been roped, into pursuading people to get the vaccine. People are already under enough pressure to receive the vaccine, without her interference. I've had the first part ot the vaccine now, but as I have said before, I would not think badly of anyone the chooses not to have the vaccine.

Last edited:
Reactions: 8
I think people will make their own choice regardless of whose "roped" in it's all immaterial.

Reactions: 1
I had a text message about booking a covid vaccine at first I thought it was a scam as I’m 32. I phoned my gp surgery and they didn’t know why I had the message and said they would look in to it.
Turns out they had me in an at risk of stroke group for the vaccine because I had a brain haemorrhage 32 years ago!
They then said I would have to wait for the vaccine... which is fine by me as there are people more in need waiting for it. I just think gp surgeries need to be more careful with the data they hold I might not of been aware of my medical history.

Reactions: 2
But surely every part of your medical history is important and should be documented if you're aware or not ,otherwise it's a risk to your own health in a bid to spare your feelings .

I think people are wary of these new vaccines because of the HPV vaccine and the Swine Flu vaccine.
Both these were rushed and not put through the 3 - 5yr trials that are normally required. Side effects came out years after having the jabs.

No, I'm not anti vaxx!! And I don't believe many who don't want to take the covid jab are either. I think its right to research, especially with brand new medicine and one of them being brand new technology.
We need listen to qualified people.. not only the government scientists, all scientists, because not all agree - they never have and will! It's only in covid times that any Dr not towing the line gets shut down (which speaks volumes to me)

At the end of the day it's our right to question and choose what we want in our bodies - well it used to be, but thats becoming harder now
Hmm that's weird. A quick google says "To date, no serious side effects have been shown to be caused by the HPV vaccine." The CDC site confirms this. I also checked the link between Swine Flu vaccine and narcolepsy and found this "CDC reviewed data from the U.S. Vaccine Adverse Event Reporting System (VAERS) and the Vaccine Safety Datalink (VSD) and found no indication of any association between U.S.-licensed H1N1 or seasonal influenza vaccine and narcolepsy".

You definitely have the right to question things but also its a bit dodge to but baseless opinions forward as facts.

Reactions: 10
Hmm that's weird. A quick google says "To date, no serious side effects have been shown to be caused by the HPV vaccine." The CDC site confirms this. I also checked the link between Swine Flu vaccine and narcolepsy and found this "CDC reviewed data from the U.S. Vaccine Adverse Event Reporting System (VAERS) and the Vaccine Safety Datalink (VSD) and found no indication of any association between U.S.-licensed H1N1 or seasonal influenza vaccine and narcolepsy".

You definitely have the right to question things but also its a bit dodge to but baseless opinions forward as facts.
A quick Google will show that there are many young girls who have gone on to have seizures after having the jab. You're right though, it's still considered a safe vaccine, but I never said it wasn't.
If however you were that person who suffered badly and know in your heart that it stems from the jab, or friend or family member of that person then you'd be wary of future vaccines.

Same goes for the swine flu vaccine. There are many nurses still fighting for compensation after suffering narcolepsy after having that jab... maybe that why 1/3 of nhs staff have refused the jab, I don't know.

They will always say its safe because of the huge numbers of people they vaccinate, against the numbers of serious side effects, which does make sense.
As I say though, if you have first hand experience with severe reactions then it will make you think about other jabs, and I can't blame that.
Nothing I said was baseless, it was based on what stories people have told and I'm not going to disbelieve their experience. That's not fair on them

I'll take it. Every medicine, drink and food has its own side-effects for some.

But then I'm only 23 and probably won't get the jab for another month or two. And at such a relatively young age do I actually need it since Covid seems to be hitting the more vulnerable older groups

As opposed to scientific studies. I think I'll leave it there.
I agreed with scientific studies. I quote again.. "They will always say its safe because of the huge numbers of people they vaccinate, against the numbers of serious side effects, which does make sense."

What I'm saying is that if people have had major life changing symptoms after a medical procedure then they can't be ignored just because of the stats, and it's human nature to then thick twice about future procedures if you or someone you know has been affected.
The NHS alone pays out billions each year in compensation through negligence! The only reason these people haven't had payouts is because they have found that statistically the jabs might not be the reason, that doesn't mean they're not though

Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.