Tim Westwood

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The rumours about westwood have been circulating for years. I definitely see alot more people will be coming out about him in the foreseeable future. I remember my first year when I was at uni 09, Westwood come down for one off our student nights. There was a girl on my course who met westwood & he took a shine to her.
She put a post up on Facebook a day or two after basically saying westwood sexually assaulted her. And you know the wildest thing she got accused of clout chasing, begging for attention , & because she vented online her experience was obviously lies etc etc. I remember she ended up dropping out end of the first year. The mental toll of the experience must have destroyed her. The ton of abuse I used to see her get was disgusting when I think back to it now..
They always say there is no smoke without fire , but I've always found it weird how popular westwood has been in the music scene you've never heard about him with a partner or having children etc..
I think he is guilty personally but we will see how this plays out going forward.
I think the amount of people who have been abused and taken advantage of by people in the public eye over the last I don’t know how many years (because predators have always been around) will be unfathomable. I feel sick that my childhood era (a time of cool tv shows, laughing with family, memories etc) was blighted by disgusting people who used their power and status to take advantage of children and vulnerable people and only now it is coming out. I used to laugh and cringe at Tim Westwood on the tv and kind of feel sorry for him that he was trying to be “down with the kids” but the fact he was abusing his position being the sad little prick that he was makes it all the more sickening. I think he’s guilty, several women don’t just get together and thing they will ruin him (whatever status he even has now)

Reactions: 13
In the '90s a well known radio DJ did a roadshow in my area and chatted up a friend of mine, hand on her bum and we would have been in the lower years of secondary so 13/14 max.

I don't think we even thought about reporting it but this was in the days when it was normal to be cat-called and wolf whistled at whilst in your school uniform. Girls were just expected to put up with that kind of behaviour. Men, especially those with a bit of power and fame got away with it.

Reactions: 14
And to be fair, he’s at retirement age anyway 🤷🏽‍♀️
That was the running joke the last time he was outed for doing this stuff, that he was older than the M1, Milton Keynes and Ciabatta bread.

I believe the women coming forward. I hope they have the support they need.

• Haha
Reactions: 2
In the '90s a well known radio DJ did a roadshow in my area and chatted up a friend of mine, hand on her bum and we would have been in the lower years of secondary so 13/14 max.

I don't think we even thought about reporting it but this was in the days when it was normal to be cat-called and wolf whistled at whilst in your school uniform. Girls were just expected to put up with that kind of behaviour. Men, especially those with a bit of power and fame got away with it.
Exactly that we were conditioned to think it was flattering, be embarrassed, bashful etc. I can’t believe the stuff that used to go on. The world is going to be a very different place in a few years due to all of this coming out.

Reactions: 7
I always found him a bit cringe worthy to listen too. Nothing attractive about him at all either. Also, calling girls 'baby' at his age. 😖 Ick.

Reactions: 9
So the accusations are based on a documentary? Anyone can make a film and have people saying stuff. I’m not saying he’s innocent but where’s the legality in all of this, police procedures?
All those people who went to various police forces over 40 odd years about Savile. Worked out well for them. Totally believed & he was investigated properly.

Oh wait…no he wasn’t. In fact it took the revelation of an investigative journalism piece, rather like the one on BBC 3 now, being binned for the whole thing to finally come out.

Reactions: 23
Its no surprise is it? The old Casting Couch is alive and well all over the "Entertainment" Industry so being a DJ was not an exception - look at Jonathan King to start with!

Reactions: 9
external-content.duckduckgo-3.jpg

Oh my days, this is a comedy link ok, old article from 2011.

'With debate rife even before his death that the late Mr Saville and Tim Westwood were fast becoming the same person, a BBC insider described the move this morning as ‘the next logical step’.'

external-content.duckduckgo-3.jpg

Last edited:
  • Wow
  • Sick
Reactions: 7
That was the running joke the last time he was outed for doing this stuff, that he was older than the M1, Milton Keynes and Ciabatta bread.

I believe the women coming forward. I hope they have the support they need.
Searching 'older than Tim Westwood' and 'younger than Tim Westwood' on Twitter gives you a chuckle.

• Haha
Reactions: 3

Yes I've been thinking about this recently. When I got to year 9, the skirts got shorter, the shirts got tighter. Me and my friends would frequently get wolf whistles and cat called from cars and we thought we were so grown-up and fanciable. In hindsight these were grown men leering at schoolgirls and no one thought anything of it. This was the 90s, which feels like last week to me, and during the 90s it felt like enlightened times, but in retrospect it was anything but.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
It's probably no surprise that this happened but I always thought his comments whilst DJ'ing were part of his gimmick

Actually used to enjoy his Saturday night show on Radio 1 back in the day.

It's probably no surprise that this happened but I always thought his comments whilst DJ'ing were part of his gimmick

Actually used to enjoy his Saturday night show on Radio 1 back in the day.
It’s part of the draw though isn’t it. The one I was particularly gutted about was Rolf Harris I loved his tv show back in the day and can’t remember him doing anything that stood out or made it obvious. Tim Westwood was a character and used his oddness and comments as part of the act like saville did. A lot of people will relate and feel the same, not all of them were stand out obvious

Reactions: 4

They should be reporting it despite him being one of theirs as it's a major news story. His employers shouldn't be trying to hide it away.
Exactly, Radio one reported it and he worked there. They didn’t discuss it with the presenters but it was part of the news. Just opened the article the owner of Capital should face prosecution for telling them not to report him as I’m sure they felt their jobs were at risk if they did

Reactions: 1
I just came over to see what's going on with this 'no reporting' issue. Seems like a little more drum banging is required for this fetid old tracksuit wearing young women abusing geriatric to get his just deserts. Bang, bang, bang!

This is an interview he gave about his age. Born: October 3, 1957 (age 62 years). He's been abusing girls since 1992, for three generations. So many men and industry people enabled this abuse which has gone on for decades.

tim-westwood-age.jpg

This video shows how foul his patter is on radio with these bright young women. I hope more speak out, they would have my support!

• Wow
Reactions: 2
Here's another one

"Ex club bar-manager here and we had him perform 3 times between 2015-2017.

He was very inappropriate towards female staff, and would hang around after closing time talking with the girls. He would come across nice/charming at first then very quickly began aggressively sexualizing the conversation. Calling the girls sluts/strippers and what he would/wouldn't do to them. On a few occasion he slapped a staff members backsides while they walked past.

He would talk to the male staff to find out which of the girls were single and would pester them specifically while they worked. He would always offer a few of them a chance to go back with him to his hotel. And when they inevitably said no he'd be quite rude.

The female staff at the club were very used to dealing with unwarranted drunk male attention (unfortunately), but they all said that Westwood was a top tier creep - it's one thing dealing with a drunk sex pest, but a sober 'celebrity' sexual predator is really not a pleasant experience. We stopped booking him.
"

Oh and apparently he likes to holiday in Ghana, with his predilection for young black women that is particularly concerning.

• Sick
  • Sad
Reactions: 11
It does go back to the old scenario of why did these girls not come forward at the time, but in saying that I'm not surprised, & do believe there is some truth in it.
My friend:

For me personally, I shouldn’t have been in a nightclub (underage) and I didn’t think that anyone would believe me over a “famous DJ.”

Reactions: 6