Tim Westwood

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Anyone actually shocked what's come out about him today? No didn't think so. Anyway backstory for those not aware how he's been hiding in plain sight for years. I am going to guess that the vast majority of those who have gone to the police are black women.

https://twitter.com/sheistemi/status/1255864359601025025

Don't forget to search #survivingtimwestwood

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 12
These tales have been around for years. He's a sick fucker.

There used to be a clip on YouTube of him at Camp Bestival, with the charming DJ patter "Any ladies in the house with a clean pussy? If your pussy don't stink, put your hands up". It seems to be part of this usual set "banter"...

• Sick
  • Angry
Reactions: 22
Long been rumoured that him getting shot was down to messing with someone's young sister in his usual way.

Of course, it only gave Timothy some cred...

• Wow
Reactions: 12
Slightly off topic …….. Tim Westwood used to have offices in a building I worked in, in the West End (London). I often caught the lift with him, he was a miserable, moaney git. I couldn’t believe it when someone told me he was a famous DJ, I’d never heard of him and he just seemed too dull and old and this must of been 20 years ago !

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Long been rumoured that him getting shot was down to messing with someone's young sister in his usual way.

Of course, it only gave Timothy some cred...

Yeah those involved in drive by shootings know who they are targeting....They aren't daft enough to risk being locked up shooting at someone they don't know....

Reactions: 9
It does go back to the old scenario of why did these girls not come forward at the time, but in saying that I'm not surprised, & do believe there is some truth in it.

• Angry
  • Sick
Reactions: 16
It does go back to the old scenario of why did these girls not come forward at the time, but in saying that I'm not surprised, & do believe there is some truth in it.
How do you know they didn't? Maybe they did and they were ignored. Different times back then.
They didn't have a access to media at the touch of a button.
Lots of women who have reported historical abuse today said they did in fact report back at the time but no action was taken.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 33
There’s a documentary on iPlayer about him … how come it’s appearing so soon after the news has surfaced? Must have been made at least short while ago to film the interviews with the victims.

I find the wording in the BBC article strange. Surely ‘unwanted and unexpected sex’ is rape?

There’s a documentary on iPlayer about him … how come it’s appearing so soon after the news has surfaced? Must have been made at least short while ago to film the interviews with the victims.
The news has surfaced because of the documentary. It was jointly done by the BBC & Guardian.

Attachments

Reactions: 10
I watched the documentary. The stories sounds very credible. Although he may not have forced himself on them by violence sounds like he prayed on young girls, offering them work experience or an opportunity in the industry and then made these teenage girls feel they had no choice.

I find the wording in the BBC article strange. Surely ‘unwanted and unexpected sex’ is rape?
I’m guessing the wording is because the girls are of age who have come forward, and “technically” didn’t say no?

i hope this isn’t swept under the carpet, I’ve seen a lot about it today. Dirty nonce.

Reactions: 11
So the accusations are based on a documentary? Anyone can make a film and have people saying stuff. I’m not saying he’s innocent but where’s the legality in all of this, police procedures?

• Angry
Reactions: 2
Not matter what happens now his career is in the toilet.

Reactions: 1
So the accusations are based on a documentary? Anyone can make a film and have people saying stuff. I’m not saying he’s innocent but where’s the legality in all of this, police procedures?
Of course, we can trust the Met to deal with such things properly as they're not institutionally racist...

FFS, these accusations go back decades.

Not matter what happens now his career is in the toilet.
I doubt it. Hardly anyone seems to ever get cancelled enough to kill their career permanently. He'll be back doing his Freshers gigs at unis in 10 years' time when he's 74, asking students if their pussy is clean...or maybe not.

• Sick
Reactions: 18

Yes, people keep asking this question and other people also keep trying to answer it. Victims of abuse are traumatised, rarely believed and often their abuser is someone in a position of power and authority. In this case, it's someone in power who is also in the public eye. Coming forward to report r*pe is hard enough already, without subjecting yourself to public scrutiny with a bunch of total strangers discarding your trauma with nothing more than a "but why didn't you come forward sooner?" like it's no big deal so therefore you're only out for money or whatever.

In this case, the rumours around Westwood have been circulating for years. To the point where comments like yours have actually been a minority since everyone was already in on the open secret and these allegations have come as a surprise to precisely no one.

To me, he'd always been a bit cringey. A white, middle class (I think his Dad was a clergyman?) "acceptable" face for rap and hip-hop. Moreover, his imitating of "ghetto" talk was jarring to the point of uncomfortable. "Hello, fellow (black) kids...." *cringe*

• Heart
Reactions: 33
I definitely think his career is over no matter what. A lot of his audience are black people or people who enjoy black culture - they’re not going to want to see him at their events.

He always creeped me out on Pimp My Ride. The way he went on made me think he was trying to be trendy but really he was just a letch?

Reminds me a bit of a local dj we had for TFM at the time, Tom Davies of Toms Talk In. My school friend used to rave about him and they used to “talk” as friends. I found it strange at the time she was start struck. Then it all came out about him possessing child images. I actually just googled him and found he took his own life. The audacity of these people at the time of their offences is outrageous to think they would never be found out.

Reactions: 7
The rumours about westwood have been circulating for years. I definitely see alot more people will be coming out about him in the foreseeable future. I remember my first year when I was at uni 09, Westwood come down for one off our student nights. There was a girl on my course who met westwood & he took a shine to her.
She put a post up on Facebook a day or two after basically saying westwood sexually assaulted her. And you know the wildest thing she got accused of clout chasing, begging for attention , & because she vented online her experience was obviously lies etc etc. I remember she ended up dropping out end of the first year. The mental toll of the experience must have destroyed her. The ton of abuse I used to see her get was disgusting when I think back to it now..
They always say there is no smoke without fire , but I've always found it weird how popular westwood has been in the music scene you've never heard about him with a partner or having children etc..
I think he is guilty personally but we will see how this plays out going forward.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 20