Thyroid

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Yeah,I'm assuming it's levothyroxine if it doesn't come back up ,hope they offer you something soon is yours going up and down or too low ?
Yeah, 100mg levothyroxine. It's low at the moment but was high the time before and just seems to swings like a bloody seesaw.

• Sad
Reactions: 1
Yeah, 100mg levothyroxine. It's low at the moment but was high the time before and just seems to swings like a bloody seesaw.
It's a nightmare trying to get the dosage right .I had to have block and replace at one time as it wasn't for settling at all .

• Heart
Reactions: 2
im on 125mcg levothyroxine right now - at one point just before the pandemic i was between 50 and 75, so i had to take both doses on alternate days! due bloods next week but they're only measuring every three months which is new - i've gone up 50mcg since september.

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 4
Mine have been all over the place for years from the highest end of the scale I'm now right under, my last readings were T4=14.6 TSH 5.53 apparently it's been a big drop from my usual readings ( I'm hyperthyroid) have to get bloods done every 6 weeks until they decide what to do .I dropped after my covid vaccine they're waiting to see if it comes up again so I'll have to stick the cold for longer 😂

It's rare how much the thyroid can affect you. I never even gave it a second thought before it went wonky 😂 there's so many symptoms from it from diarrhea to shakes and everything in between .Hope you get it sorted soon it's such a horrible feeling .
I’m so glad I read this! I’m currently overactive and I am always cold!! I never even linked it to this and I’ve been on and off since 2015 🤦🏼‍♀️ I spend half of my day shivering 😂

• Haha
Just came across this thread by accident and I’m delighted I did! I’ve got Hashimoto’s & under active thyroid since 2018.. Sometimes the biggest battle I find is getting people to recognise that it’s actually something that impacts you! My husband rolls his eyes every time I mention it 😩 The symptom flare ups can be overwhelming at times!

Reactions: 3
I’m so glad I read this! I’m currently overactive and I am always cold!! I never even linked it to this and I’ve been on and off since 2015 🤦🏼‍♀️ I spend half of my day shivering 😂
It’s the old hypothalamus is screwed up lol , everything be’s out of sync .

one thing i'm surprised about with my hashimoto's is the lack of check ups for the nodules / goitre?? it's been five years since my first and only ultrasound but even when i've enquired about a follow up scan due to symptoms i've just been told they're not really a thing...

one thing i'm surprised about with my hashimoto's is the lack of check ups for the nodules / goitre?? it's been five years since my first and only ultrasound but even when i've enquired about a follow up scan due to symptoms i've just been told they're not really a thing...
That doesn't sound promising for you receiving proper treatment. Did they mean not really a thing or not really a particular problem in Hashimoto's? If you're having issues with the nodules I'd definitely push for a second opinion (if you haven't already).

That doesn't sound promising for you receiving proper treatment. Did they mean not really a thing or not really a particular problem in Hashimoto's? If you're having issues with the nodules I'd definitely push for a second opinion (if you haven't already).
they just said regular ultrasounds aren't something they usually offer without physical symptoms (swelling etc) which seems odd as my bloods and general wellbeing are indicating that there's an issue! with it being autoimmune i just wanna know if my immune system attacking the gland is having an impact on the nodules they were able to see at the initial scan

I’ve only had one ultrasound and one mri on mine I think it’s just to make sure it’s not cancerous and only a hormone issue.

Reactions: 3
Just came across this thread by accident and I’m delighted I did! I’ve got Hashimoto’s & under active thyroid since 2018.. Sometimes the biggest battle I find is getting people to recognise that it’s actually something that impacts you! My husband rolls his eyes every time I mention it 😩 The symptom flare ups can be overwhelming at times!
I know the feeling - it's seen as a minor complaint. The insomnia and fatigue make it difficult to have any type of relationship or social life. I'm too tired to take part in life sometimes. Because of it's up and down nature, I never know how I'm going to feel from one week to the next.

Couldn’t sleep last night because my drain site is feeling itchy 😩 don’t think it’s infection itching just healing itching but can anyone suggest something to use on it?

• Sad
  • Heart
Couldn’t sleep last night because my drain site is feeling itchy 😩 don’t think it’s infection itching just healing itching but can anyone suggest something to use on it?
Maybe Sudocrem? I use that on everything lol ,but it's usally works .

I know the feeling - it's seen as a minor complaint. The insomnia and fatigue make it difficult to have any type of relationship or social life. I'm too tired to take part in life sometimes. Because of it's up and down nature, I never know how I'm going to feel from one week to the next.
I feel you! My wake up time the last few weeks has been 3-4am, I find insomnia, leg aches, a skipping heartbeat, headaches and changes in my periods an indicator as to when I need to get my levels checked. I’m still only on 50mg, some days I feel great, most days I feel 👽💩. I’ve lost so much interest in the things I really used to enjoy, and my most recent TSH level has come back at 2.2 even though I feel dreadful. I have an appt with the doctor today so hoping that they will up my meds based on symptoms alone, because they usually leave it until I’m barely crawling along

I feel you! My wake up time the last few weeks has been 3-4am, I find insomnia, leg aches, a skipping heartbeat, headaches and changes in my periods an indicator as to when I need to get my levels checked. I’m still only on 50mg, some days I feel great, most days I feel 👽💩. I’ve lost so much interest in the things I really used to enjoy, and my most recent TSH level has come back at 2.2 even though I feel dreadful. I have an appt with the doctor today so hoping that they will up my meds based on symptoms alone, because they usually leave it until I’m barely crawling along
I reached breaking point a while back because bloods were “fine” but symptoms were out of hand. Finally the doctor agreed to increase medication based on symptoms alone, but it takes convincing and that in itself is exhausting when you feel so low.

I reached breaking point a while back because bloods were “fine” but symptoms were out of hand. Finally the doctor agreed to increase medication based on symptoms alone, but it takes convincing and that in itself is exhausting when you feel so low.
It really is. My doctors only agreed to start me on levothyroxine based on symptoms, never mind the fact that I only have half a thyroid.
I’d been so ill for two years post op, and I believe it was only because they couldn’t see me due to the pandemic that they caved in and started me on a very low dose, which helped, but had to be increased a year later.
It’s sad that it has to come that though isn’t it.

Not had my results back yet, but overthinking and worrying ☹ Has anyone had their whole thyroid out but hasnt put on loads of weight once on medication? is there any way of feeling like you did before the surgery on the tablets or will you always have side effects?

Not had my results back yet, but overthinking and worrying ☹ Has anyone had their whole thyroid out but hasnt put on loads of weight once on medication? is there any way of feeling like you did before the surgery on the tablets or will you always have side effects?
What tablets have you been put on? Sorry, I havent had mine removed I only take the medication for underactive thyroid.

What tablets have you been put on? Sorry, I havent had mine removed I only take the medication for underactive thyroid.
I’ve only had half removed so far so not on medication, but if it turns out to be cancer I’ll have the rest out then I will be. Probably overthinking things, just wondering if weight gain happens to everyone

I’ve only had half removed so far so not on medication, but if it turns out to be cancer I’ll have the rest out then I will be. Probably overthinking things, just wondering if weight gain happens to everyone
Ah ok - so I think you would be put on synthetic thyroid drug i.e. levothyroxine or similar, if you do have the whole thing removed as your body obviously won't be making its own thyroid hormone anymore. When I developed underactive thyroid weight gain was one of the first giveaways for me that there was a problem, alongside crazy fatigue and very dry hair and skin. Try not to worry about something that may not even happen though! Wait for your results and see.