Thyroid

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Unfortunately it can grow again , your endocrinologist should be checking every 3 months and adjust your meds accordingly .It's a tit condition even though many think losing weight while eating like a horse is a great thing it's the other side effects that are scary x
I'm not on any medication currently. I just get my bloods checked annually by the GP, hence the referral back to Endo. It behaved itself for ages and didn't get any bigger and my TSH was stable. I missed a blood test during Covid so I'm not really sure at what point the TSH started to decrease.
Even though I don't want an operation, I'm hoping they agree to remove the other side. I don't see much point in being put on medication that can have some horrible side effects when the size of it is causing a problem as well x

Reactions: 1
I'm not on any medication currently. I just get my bloods checked annually by the GP, hence the referral back to Endo. It behaved itself for ages and didn't get any bigger and my TSH was stable. I missed a blood test during Covid so I'm not really sure at what point the TSH started to decrease.
Even though I don't want an operation, I'm hoping they agree to remove the other side. I don't see much point in being put on medication that can have some horrible side effects when the size of it is causing a problem as well x
I hope you get it sorted x I’m surprised they only check on you annually it can drop as well as increase both are equally hard to live with .

Just bene diagnosed with Hashimotos Disease… Feels like a relief to have an explanation of why I’ve felt tit for so long, but also weird to get used to now being “ill” instead of it just being in my head… my doctor said it might take months before I feel better as my thyroid is basically not functioning right now… Dunno why I’m posting, just be nice to hear from some others who are in the same boat I guess…

• Sad
Reactions: 3
Just bene diagnosed with Hashimotos Disease… Feels like a relief to have an explanation of why I’ve felt tit for so long, but also weird to get used to now being “ill” instead of it just being in my head… my doctor said it might take months before I feel better as my thyroid is basically not functioning right now… Dunno why I’m posting, just be nice to hear from some others who are in the same boat I guess…
Have they started you on any meds ? they usually take about 6 wks to kick in .

I had postpartum thyroiditis that eventually settled.

Last few months ive been shattered/run down/mega stressed and my hair started falling out. More bloods done, vitamin D very low, b12 borderline low and iron borderline low. But also 'strange' thyroid levels. Showing its overactive (never lose weight tho! Lol). I need another blood test.

Ive had the palpitations etc. I had some very scary 'turns' recently. I googled and it sounded exactly like a focal seizure, i diagnosed myself as dying 🤣 but seems it could be the thyroid!?

• Sad
Reactions: 2
If it's really high it can feel like you're dying 😂 it's the worst feeling in the world

If it's really high it can feel like you're dying 😂 it's the worst feeling in the world
Honestly, i lost sense of where I was, i went tingly all over, horrid feeling of deja vu, i had to reasses where i was when the moment passed. It was like a blackout without fainting. So so horrible!!

• Sad
Have they started you on any meds ? they usually take about 6 wks to kick in .
Started on 50 first week had bloods done again and now I’m on the second week it’s been upped to 75 and third week go up to 100 then Blood test again. My numbers were ridiculous… tsh was over 200 and t4 was 3.3… I’m really looking forward to not feeling cold all the time 😅

• Haha
Started on 50 first week had bloods done again and now I’m on the second week it’s been upped to 75 and third week go up to 100 then Blood test again. My numbers were ridiculous… tsh was over 200 and t4 was 3.3… I’m really looking forward to not feeling cold all the time 😅
Mine have been all over the place for years from the highest end of the scale I'm now right under, my last readings were T4=14.6 TSH 5.53 apparently it's been a big drop from my usual readings ( I'm hyperthyroid) have to get bloods done every 6 weeks until they decide what to do .I dropped after my covid vaccine they're waiting to see if it comes up again so I'll have to stick the cold for longer 😂

Honestly, i lost sense of where I was, i went tingly all over, horrid feeling of deja vu, i had to reasses where i was when the moment passed. It was like a blackout without fainting. So so horrible!!
It's rare how much the thyroid can affect you. I never even gave it a second thought before it went wonky 😂 there's so many symptoms from it from diarrhea to shakes and everything in between .Hope you get it sorted soon it's such a horrible feeling .

Last edited:
I had postpartum thyroiditis that eventually settled.

Last few months ive been shattered/run down/mega stressed and my hair started falling out. More bloods done, vitamin D very low, b12 borderline low and iron borderline low. But also 'strange' thyroid levels. Showing its overactive (never lose weight tho! Lol). I need another blood test.

Ive had the palpitations etc. I had some very scary 'turns' recently. I googled and it sounded exactly like a focal seizure, i diagnosed myself as dying 🤣 but seems it could be the thyroid!?
Yep the stuff your experiencing now does sound thyroidy.

Mine went spectacularly wonky after my pregnancies. I lost so much hair at the front and although it has come back it's still quite thin in those areas.

I can also remember feeling so exhausted that I could just lie on the floor but that I'd sink right through it, as if I had no resistance. That probably sounds really odd. It was odd!

I had awful palpitations and dripped with sweat constantly. I also developed weakness in my arms and legs. Bloody awful time.

Mine settled after I had half removed but now the remaining half is a major problem. I've started losing weight again. I was due to see the Endo last month but they cancelled the appointment and haven't had a new date. I just want the rest removed at this point. It's absolutely huge.

I really hope they get you sorted quickly.

• Heart
It
Mine have been all over the place for years from the highest end of the scale I'm now right under, my last readings were T4=14.6 TSH 5.53 apparently it's been a big drop from my usual readings ( I'm hyperthyroid) have to get bloods done every 6 weeks until they decide what to do .I dropped after my covid vaccine they're waiting to see if it comes up again so I'll have to stick the cold for longer 😂

It's rare how much the thyroid can affect you. I never even gave it a second thought before it went wonky 😂 there's so many symptoms from it from diarrhea to shakes and everything in between .Hope you get it sorted soon it's such a horrible feeling .
Its really been an eye opener for me. So much of the rubbish I’ve been dealing with is almost certainly linked to my thyroid… fuzzy thinking, depression, low appetite, coldness. I really really do hope that the treatment will help With that.
I just also think it’s super ridiculous that bodies can just start to hate themselves and make tonnes of antibodies against something that is actually really important….

• Heart
Reactions: 3
idk if it was just because i was young when diagnosed (about 14) but i got an ultrasound of the nodules on the gland abt six months after starting meds. spoiler - they use the same sized scanner thing as a standard abdominal ultrasound so it can get quite uncomfortable. i haven't had one since though so not sure what standard practice is there! the symptoms never really went away for me but i got a further diagnosis of chronic pain and cfs so again idk what your experience will be. symptoms do noticeably get worse when my meds are due an increase - i've gone from 75 to 125mcg since september so probably the worst time to be even colder too

It

Its really been an eye opener for me. So much of the rubbish I’ve been dealing with is almost certainly linked to my thyroid… fuzzy thinking, depression, low appetite, coldness. I really really do hope that the treatment will help With that.
I just also think it’s super ridiculous that bodies can just start to hate themselves and make tonnes of antibodies against something that is actually really important….
Yes it does improve once your levels drop into the normal range but it can take a while . I don't think being underactive is as hard to manage as over ( here's hoping ) I've had a lot of twoing and froing with meds over the years from block and replace to coming off only to relapse , I've been fine this past 10 yrs only on a maintence dose to control it until I had that feckin vaccine .I've had ongoing symptoms from Feb ( didn't find out till Dec )but didn't know it was being caused by being underactive as I've never been that way ,the joint pains etc were beginning to worry me though, so like yourself it's a kind of relief , only thing is stress and illness can play havoc with your levels even if you're being medicated as the immune system takes a battering ,hope you're feeling better soon and you don't take too long to fall into the normal range .

Yes it does improve once your levels drop into the normal range but it can take a while . I don't think being underactive is as hard to manage as over ( here's hoping ) I've had a lot of twoing and froing with meds over the years from block and replace to coming off only to relapse , I've been fine this past 10 yrs only on a maintence dose to control it until I had that feckin vaccine .I've had ongoing symptoms from Feb ( didn't find out till Dec )but didn't know it was being caused by being underactive as I've never been that way ,the joint pains etc were beginning to worry me though, so like yourself it's a kind of relief , only thing is stress and illness can play havoc with your levels even if you're being medicated as the immune system takes a battering ,hope you're feeling better soon and you don't take too long to fall into the normal range .
I'm interested in your experience of the vaccine making it worse because mine was stable too (previously overactive, stable without meds after hemithyroidectomy) until until a blood test three months after my first vaccine. I did miss my annual blood test in 2020 but I wasn't experiencing any issues so have no reason to think there was an issue.
All the growth in the nodules has been since I was vaccinated too. The thing is huge and I feel like I'm just been left in the wilderness. It's really frustrating partly because it's exacerbatimg another medical condition I have too, which has also been stable for a number of years.

I think I'm going to start on a baby aspirin dose per day again because the reason it was initially diagnosed was because I developed an irregular heart beat during surgery. The other condition I have also puts me at risk of stroke so I'm staring to feel a little bit on edge.

I'm interested in your experience of the vaccine making it worse because mine was stable too (previously overactive, stable without meds after hemithyroidectomy) until until a blood test three months after my first vaccine. I did miss my annual blood test in 2020 but I wasn't experiencing any issues so have no reason to think there was an issue.
All the growth in the nodules has been since I was vaccinated too. The thing is huge and I feel like I'm just been left in the wilderness. It's really frustrating partly because it's exacerbatimg another medical condition I have too, which has also been stable for a number of years.

I think I'm going to start on a baby aspirin dose per day again because the reason it was initially diagnosed was because I developed an irregular heart beat during surgery. The other condition I have also puts me at risk of stroke so I'm staring to feel a little bit on edge.
I had terrible symptoms from my first vaccine felt like the house dropped on me couldn’t lift my arm for days , like flu achy kind of symptoms and sore throat but not a sore throat, odd symptoms that kept coming and going, my joints were swollen and sore my nails had funny lines that I was putting down to hand sanitizer as I’d never had them before, my eyesight was getting worse ,extreme tiredness and my cycle had stopped, I was putting that down to peri menopause or something, like I say I’ve never been under active so I didn’t put it down to my thyroid, I didn’t get my thyroid checked till December as I only needed it done every few months because I’ve been stable for years last time I had it done was before the vaccines and it was normal. I had my blood checked on the Wed and the GP rang me first thing next morning to tell me it was really low and he’d already phoned my endo and she’d be in touch with me, someone on another thread said their endo had told them if they were getting the vaccine to get their bloods done soon after as there are cases of it interfering with thyroid hormones? I’d never had any advice unless it’s a new thing they’d discovered, I had Pfizer in December and a horrendous heavy period in Jan and really tender boobs so I don’t know where my levels are atm I have to get them checked this week I’m off my carbimozole and have to have my bloods done every six weeks and phone my consultant for the results she sent me out the specimen bags for haematology to get them done at the hubs if my GP can’t fit me in… This is online so maybe there’s something they’ve found out as more people are coming forward...ETA I have these symptoms from Feb till present but they are slightly improving as I'm off my meds so maybe it's coming back up.

Last edited:
Ive been on propanolol for years, and noticed i felt awful when i hadnt taken them. Thinking it was just anxiety, but im thinking now that its actually my thyroid not being masked. Ive purposely not taken any in 2/3 days and my chest/heart feels very fluttery.

Its strange though. Like.. why would it (seemingly) go high suddenly? Is thyroiditis repetitive!? The GP said my levels were at a level they'd usually see in people on too high a dose of thyroid meds but im not on any!? Oh and that my bloods show inflammation markers. Weird, man!

Reactions: 2
I had terrible symptoms from my first vaccine felt like the house dropped on me couldn’t lift my arm for days , like flu achy kind of symptoms and sore throat but not a sore throat, odd symptoms that kept coming and going, my joints were swollen and sore my nails had funny lines that I was putting down to hand sanitizer as I’d never had them before, my eyesight was getting worse ,extreme tiredness and my cycle had stopped, I was putting that down to peri menopause or something, like I say I’ve never been under active so I didn’t put it down to my thyroid, I didn’t get my thyroid checked till December as I only needed it done every few months because I’ve been stable for years last time I had it done was before the vaccines and it was normal. I had my blood checked on the Wed and the GP rang me first thing next morning to tell me it was really low and he’d already phoned my endo and she’d be in touch with me, someone on another thread said their endo had told them if they were getting the vaccine to get their bloods done soon after as there are cases of it interfering with thyroid hormones? I’d never had any advice unless it’s a new thing they’d discovered, I had Pfizer in December and a horrendous heavy period in Jan and really tender boobs so I don’t know where my levels are atm I have to get them checked this week I’m off my carbimozole and have to have my bloods done every six weeks and phone my consultant for the results she sent me out the specimen bags for haematology to get them done at the hubs if my GP can’t fit me in… This is online so maybe there’s something they’ve found out as more people are coming forward
Thank you for the link. You sound like you've had a really bad time. Weirdly my eyesight has worsened too but my eyes are quite sore so could be llinked. I actually have a vague memory of that happening years ago too.

I don't have Graves, mine's multi nodular. However, I don't know about you but I've had enough already. My symptoms are not as bad (yet) as they have been previously but it's still not fun. I have a tremor anyway which I'm convinced was triggered by the period of time the thyroid was badly overactive without treatment and it being overactive now is worsening that, which is affecting my work. I'm fed up but I don't see an awful lot of fun in the future if the other half of my thyroid is removed and I'm on thyroxine for life. Sorry for the grump! Hope you are OK.

Ive been on propanolol for years, and noticed i felt awful when i hadnt taken them. Thinking it was just anxiety, but im thinking now that its actually my thyroid not being masked. Ive purposely not taken any in 2/3 days and my chest/heart feels very fluttery.

Its strange though. Like.. why would it (seemingly) go high suddenly? Is thyroiditis repetitive!? The GP said my levels were at a level they'd usually see in people on too high a dose of thyroid meds but im not on any!? Oh and that my bloods show inflammation markers. Weird, man!
Thyrotoxicosis potentially, or independently functioning nodules. If you are feeling flutters please talk to your GP about taking a small dose of aspirin per day. It's about 75mg and they sell them in Asda, Boots etc so you don't need to pay for a prescription of they do prescribe it.

• Heart
Thank you for the link. You sound like you've had a really bad time. Weirdly my eyesight has worsened too but my eyes are quite sore so could be llinked. I actually have a vague memory of that happening years ago too.

I don't have Graves, mine's multi nodular. However, I don't know about you but I've had enough already. My symptoms are not as bad (yet) as they have been previously but it's still not fun. I have a tremor anyway which I'm convinced was triggered by the period of time the thyroid was badly overactive without treatment and it being overactive now is worsening that, which is affecting my work. I'm fed up but I don't see an awful lot of fun in the future if the other half of my thyroid is removed and I'm on thyroxine for life. Sorry for the grump! Hope you are OK.
I hope you're Ok it's crap x it's just another waiting game trying to get it right again .I hope they'll refer you for surgery if you feel that's the option you want to go down although this damn pandemic is holding everything up .

I hope you're Ok it's crap x it's just another waiting game trying to get it right again .I hope they'll refer you for surgery if you feel that's the option you want to go down although this damn pandemic is holding everything up .
Thank you. I don't think I have much choice. I think my windpipe is deviated again unfortunately.
Thinking of you and hoping you're back to full health soon.

• Heart