Thyroid

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I just saw this thread - it's so timely, my doctor suspects I have an underactive thyroid. Going to have labs done (ugh, I hate needles), hope I can find answers as to what's going on with me!
I hope you get the answer you’re looking for!
it’s such a worrying time.
what Sort of symptoms do you have?

I hope you get the answer you’re looking for!
it’s such a worrying time.
what Sort of symptoms do you have?
Weight gain despite diet and lots of exercise and activity - this is the annoying thing, trying to lose and I am gaining, my doctor immediately was like "Let's check your thyroid."
Cold extremities
Fatigue, I have insomnia, but I will go weeks with having good sleep and I am still SO TIRED ALL THE TIME
Joint pain, knees, elbows
Brittle nails, dry flaky skin

Reactions: 2
Weight gain despite diet and lots of exercise and activity - this is the annoying thing, trying to lose and I am gaining, my doctor immediately was like "Let's check your thyroid."
Cold extremities
Fatigue, I have insomnia, but I will go weeks with having good sleep and I am still SO TIRED ALL THE TIME
Joint pain, knees, elbows
Brittle nails, dry flaky skin
These are all exactly what I have!!!!
the coldness and fatigue are what gets me the most!
my bloods came back as deficient in Vitamin D, so I’m now taking a supplement.
It’s nice when the doctor doesn’t just fob you off and actually do some investigations.
Hopefully you can get the right treatment for it, cause it’s so debilitating!

Reactions: 1
So my blood results came back.
thyroid levels are fine.

I’m sat here crying in frustration as I was so sure it was my thyroid and that I was finally gonna get help for it!

So I’m supposed to just lose My hair in clumps, be freezing even in a warm environment, struggle to keep awake & feel low 24/7 for the rest of my life with no explanation.

ok ☹☹☹☹
I don’t know how much longer I can take feeling like this
Sometimes results are borderline, so falling to the ‘normal’ range but only just. Could you make an appointment with your GP to discuss your symptoms again? I had symptoms of thyroid problems for a few years before my bloods were out of range, looking back at photos now I can see my neck has a pronounced goitre back then but my bloods were showing as fine.

Reactions: 3
Annoyingly, all she said was they’re normal. I didn’t get a chance to ask..

is this something I should find out?
mine are available under medical record / test results on the patient access app if that's something you have or can download? like others have said 'borderline normal' isn't normal at all imo!

mine are available under medical record / test results on the patient access app if that's something you have or can download? like others have said 'borderline normal' isn't normal at all imo!
Is that the nhs app?
if I can’t figure it out myself I think il ask for a printout of my results.

So I found out my blood results -
TSH - 0.78
T4 - 10.9

I hope these mean something to one of you lovely people ❤🥰
I need to know wether to speak to my doctor again.

Hmm… that doesn’t look hypo to me either to be honest…

Hypo is generally high TSH and high TSH is like 4? when I got diagnosed my TSH was like 260
which is genuinely a ridiculous number… now with medicine I am at 0.93…
---
Although your T4 does look a bit out of whack? Should be between 12 and 22 if I look at my results?

So I found out my blood results -
TSH - 0.78
T4 - 10.9

I hope these mean something to one of you lovely people ❤🥰
I need to know wether to speak to my doctor again.
My TSH is 5, with medication. So I think this is totally fine! (Not a dr obviously)

I’m at a loss as to why I have the same symptoms as hypo.

I should be grateful my numbers are ok, i just wish I knew what was wrong ☹

It does depend on lab ranges especially for T4 to me your TSH is ok but your T4 would be low in range going off my labs ranges.

IMG_1042.jpeg
It’s showing this as a normal T4 reading .
---
I’m at a loss as to why I have the same symptoms as hypo.

I should be grateful my numbers are ok, i just wish I knew what was wrong ☹
You seem to be just on the normal range so maybe that’s why you’re having symptoms.

View attachment 2561254It’s showing this as a normal T4 reading .
---

You seem to be just on the normal range so maybe that’s why you’re having symptoms.
I mentioned it again to my doctor when I had a medication review, and she wasn’t very reassuring.
Dreading going into the winter feeling like this.

I mentioned it again to my doctor when I had a medication review, and she wasn’t very reassuring.
Dreading going into the winter feeling like this.
Yes they won’t do anything unless the readings abnormal , you can only hope it drops below borderline for them to give you anything.

Yes they won’t do anything unless the readings abnormal , you can only hope it drops below borderline for them to give you anything.
Do you think I’m best to go back in a couple of months, I wonder how often they can change?

Do you think I’m best to go back in a couple of months, I wonder how often they can change?
Whenever I’ve had my medication changed my consultant would always say get a repeat blood test in 6 weeks , but its hard to tell how long natural fluctuation takes? I’d just go back if you’re not feeling any better.

Whenever I’ve had my medication changed my consultant would always say get a repeat blood test in 6 weeks.but its hard to tell how a natural fluctuation takes? If just go back if you’re not feeling any better.
Yeah I think il see how I get on, and perhaps go back after Christmas.

finally had my appointment to talk through bloods and she actually recommended upping my meds?! like i didn't even have to push it. was quite refreshing tbh but i had all my talking points prepared incase it was pushed back. starting 100+25+25 tomorrow til i run out of 25s and get the new script. will book bloods in the new year and ask if they'll do T3 and T4 tests too with it being a new dose but wish i had results from now to compare.

also asked if the elevated lymphocytes were related to the hashimotos / high tsh combo and she said no which surprised me, but also said she'd read up on it which was refreshing too!