Thread for the AD Dodgers

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Hello, Alice here. Yes, the t-shirts are the ones on Friends; I wanted one but couldn’t find them retailed anywhere so decided to make and sell them myself. It’s right there in the product description - https://morethantoast.org/products/girls-tee-in-green/

Replicating a t-shirt from a 15 year old tv show that has no official retailer is not the same thing as ripping off a small businesses creative design. Had I been able to buy the tee anywhere other than dodgy Chinese apparel websites, I would have.

Thanks!

Reactions: 1
Hello, Alice here. Yes, the t-shirts are the ones on Friends; I wanted one but couldn’t find them retailed anywhere so decided to make and sell them myself. It’s right there in the product description - https://morethantoast.org/products/girls-tee-in-green/

Replicating a t-shirt from a 15 year old tv show that has no official retailer is not the same thing as ripping off a small businesses creative design. Had I been able to buy the tee anywhere other than dodgy Chinese apparel websites, I would have.

Thanks!
@ £25 a pop, I would rather take my chance and buy from a ‘dodgy Chinese apparel website’

Reactions: 2
As you wish @Sparklefluff... mine are this price point as they are organic, earth positive and printed by another small businesses using non-toxic inks. I’m not sure you’d get the same for a fiver from China.

I don't think £25 is expensive for a T-shirt at all. £300 Rixo dresses and £250 Donna Ida jeans on the other hand...

Alice also stole quotes from women of colour for her t shirts.

£25 is expensive for a single T-shirt, regardless of slogan or ‘earth positive’ buzz words.

I found one for £8.99 earlier and even that has a profit margin.

I’m pretty sure that all these instahuns price their tops between £25-30 to filter out the riff raff too. They don’t want any common mums bringing the tone down do they. Selective sisterhood and all that

Reactions: 3
that’s exactly right,

I mean we’ve all seen those ‘taste’ test things where the plebs don’t know which is the more expensive item. But if you ask someone they’ll always say they prefer ‘branded’.
When something costs more we associate it with having a higher value, better quality, more sought after.

It’s all bollocks. Like diamonds - they have their price falsely inflated and then rick folk buy it at that price jsut to show they have the money to waste on it!

And it plays well for whoever is selling it - from teabags, to diamonds, to t-shirts that you didn’t even design yourself!

It’d be clever if it weren’t so dumb.

This is not like going up to someone in the street and commenting on their life/what they’re wearing. This is like a group of people in a coffee shop gossiping about someone. You might not like it but if you happen to overhear someone talking about you (or google yourself) why would you barge in? Just bloody ignore it. Sites like these are NOT bullying, if we sent these messages directly to you then fair enough but we’re not. You try to put on this oh so relatable, ‘we’re all in this together’ speil but you’re not relatable to the majority. That’s not something I’ll put you down for, you work for your money and that’s great, well done you but when you slap it all over the internet PEOPLE WILL TALK! You don’t have to come here and read it so stop playing the bleeping victim

Reactions: 8
I would say it to your face Alice. Your an overpriveleged rip off merchant stealing ideas from other people to make money in the name of your faux feminism

Reactions: 4
Dear God Alice, why does it surprise you if people wonder how you can afford it all? You've quite publicly declared your poverty, lack of support from ex and uncertain work situation previously, so it can't be that much of a shock? £300 dresses are obscenely unobtainable for 99.9% of population so will undoubtedly alienate most people, but I suppose that's not important in the Instamum top trumps is it?

Reactions: 4
The worst ad dodging I’ve seen has got to be the MOD/FOD bespoke herringbone kitchen (50K? I can’t even guess) - both of them posting about being in the showroom designing it etc, then photos up on their page, and so on. Even if they weren’t directly paid, there’s absolutely no way they paid what a standard person would be charged for all that free publicity - no doubt a sweet deal was worked out. That lily pebbles (boring beyond all belief) has the same bespoke kitchen - again plastered all over her Instagram and YouTube, and we’re expected to believe they all paid the full amount for those kitchens? Tbh the home lifestyle bloggers are the worst for lack of transparency. I think huge amounts of mentions go on for v sweet estimates compared to what the normal person on the street would be charged

Reactions: 5
Long time lurker here but wondered if anyone had a look at Annaeleriharts stories regarding ASA rules ?? Apparently all the influencers are labelling wrong and guests don't need to be declared as #ADS???

Surely it can't be this difficult

Decided to start this as the more people expose accounts on here the more I have looked into them and how bad are they..

Interior styling 18 - didn’t declare until she was outed here and still failing to properly declare

Thehousebuild - sneakily declaring gift at the end of captions, trying to hide and fool followers! The stories also lack the proper declaration! Needs to bore off NOW

Mybudgethome - terrible content, buying followers 100% and also does not declare

Sparklygreyhomeinteriors - hiding gifted garden items at the very end of her full caption .. sneaky!

There are many more that irritate me and lie .. they are pathetic and call it how it is will you! If it’s gifted then tell people!

Who annoys you?

Sazloves. Often doesn’t state if her swipe ups are affiliate. Selling gifted items on Shpock.

Toni Interiors. Not declaring things properly.

Gemmalouisemiles Hides AD on stories

WhatLauraLoves Hides AD on stories

Just reported mother_ofall_adventures AGAIN. she never puts #ad or #gifted!!! That sleepyhead was gifted and she’s not mentioned it once! Grrrrr

Decided to start this as the more people expose accounts on here the more I have looked into them and how bad are they..

Interior styling 18 - didn’t declare until she was outed here and still failing to properly declare

Thehousebuild - sneakily declaring gift at the end of captions, trying to hide and fool followers! The stories also lack the proper declaration! Needs to bore off NOW

Mybudgethome - terrible content, buying followers 100% and also does not declare

Sparklygreyhomeinteriors - hiding gifted garden items at the very end of her full caption .. sneaky!

There are many more that irritate me and lie .. they are pathetic and call it how it is will you! If it’s gifted then tell people!

Who annoys you?
I say this all the time about interior styling! She hides them in the top of the stories and doesn't declare properly.

I don't mind mybugethome she actually does declare all of her ads as far as I can see. And she's stated many times that she doesn't buy followers and tells people to never do it but I have seen her posting her Instagram on lots of Facebook groups so probably explains the growth

Sparkly grey home irritates the life out of me, an ad should be put on every single slide.

Rosie (The Londoner) is terrible for it - I reported her last week for not declaring something on her grid that then had her usual almost hidden ad tag on a story about the post 🙄

Does Kerry Whelpdale have her own thread? Just watched her cleaning video from 3 weeks ago (8 minutes of my life I’ll never get back!) and it’s a blatant Dyson ad!! Can’t even see ‘ad’ hidden anywhere, it’s just not declared at all. She basically parrots the pr waffle throughout the video and says the dyson was gifted. No way it doesn’t need ‘ad’