Thread for the AD Dodgers

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Do we know who it is on here? Don’t recognise the mn username. Not that I’m annoyed or anything, just wondered what the score is.

Do we know who it is on here? Don’t recognise the mn username. Not that I’m annoyed or anything, just wondered what the score is.
No idea. According to MN the account who messaged people was a spammer? Obviously it wasn’t...

Odd. They sent the message to an old username of mine though, one I haven’t used in ages. So must have trawled through one of the earlier instamum threads to get names.

I see there’s been more CC drama again lately so wonder if it’s in any way linked. There was definitely some deliberate derailing from inside the CC camp on the ethics and advertising threads I think. Trying to use those mn threads to generate publicity and attention. Maybe they’re moving over here instead!

Odd. They sent the message to an old username of mine though, one I haven’t used in ages. So must have trawled through one of the earlier instamum threads to get names.

I see there’s been more CC drama again lately so wonder if it’s in any way linked. There was definitely some deliberate derailing from inside the CC camp on the ethics and advertising threads I think. Trying to use those mn threads to generate publicity and attention. Maybe they’re moving over here instead!
A few people from rang thread found me on my Instagram, I did wonder if that’s why I got the message. It was also under a really old username.

Couldn’t find anywhere else to put this but anyone know of More Than Toast/Alice Judge-Talbot?? Just recently she’s been driving me nuts but I can’t stop what I guess is now classed as hate watching. She hardly ever labels ads, I’m sure she gets loads gifted l, no idea about affiliates. She tries to be so #relatable but she regularly drops £100s on new dresses for events, shops Waitrose and is so middle class it’s painful. She’s constantly ill or having a moan blah blah blah she’s annoying

Couldn’t find anywhere else to put this but anyone know of More Than Toast/Alice Judge-Talbot?? Just recently she’s been driving me nuts but I can’t stop what I guess is now classed as hate watching. She hardly ever labels ads, I’m sure she gets loads gifted l, no idea about affiliates. She tries to be so #relatable but she regularly drops £100s on new dresses for events, shops Waitrose and is so middle class it’s painful. She’s constantly ill or having a moan blah blah blah she’s annoying
Oh, and she came out with her own ‘merch’, T-shirt’s and mugs with feminist slogans which were all obviously ripped off. One t shirt just has ‘girls’ across it in exactly the same font as a T-shirt Rachel from friends was wearing back when it was on

Identical

Attachments

Last edited:
Reactions: 1
I haven't heard of her before, but wow yes her feed is ad after ad after ad. She is a hashtag hider so she does disclose most of them but buried in her other hashtags as far as I can see - not clear at all. She doesn't seem too picky about what she promotes, I spotted greeting cards, socks, hotels, lice shampoo, electronics and Visa cards and I only looked at her page for a couple of minutes. How can you retain any authenticity when the products you flog are so diverse?

A lot of the instergram home accounts are really bad for showing things that are clearly adds/gifted and not declaring it..... Mrs rackley home... Pink peony home and the grey home spring to mind.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2
It was mentioned over on the Mrs Hinch thread that she put up a post saying that from now on all her affiliate links would be marked as #ad which I think is technically required to meet ASA rules. I wonder if others will follow. I think a lot of them would back off from so many affiliate links if they knew they had to be marked as #ad every single time.

Oh, and she came out with her own ‘merch’, T-shirt’s and mugs with feminist slogans which were all obviously ripped off. One t shirt just has ‘girls’ across it in exactly the same font as a T-shirt Rachel from friends was wearing back when it was on

Identical
That tshirt looks like something from H&M for £7.99. Don’t tell me she’s charging more than that and saying it’s her design? Much like these young YouTubers who put a generic quote on a hoodie and sell it for £50.

Anyway, this woman annoys me. I came across her recently when a friend posted about her book, a memoir about being a single mum. She seems to forget she’s very well off with a fiancé about 20 years older (looked at his photo on Instagram, I’m sure it’s love but they do look like sugar daddy and baby)

It was mentioned over on the Mrs Hinch thread that she put up a post saying that from now on all her affiliate links would be marked as #ad which I think is technically required to meet ASA rules
I wonder if she has been reported to ASA? I see her latest Easho post is clearly marked as AD and she used the paid partnership tag too. She has done several Easho posts before (iirc) and none have been disclosed as ads. It wouldn't surprise me if her followers get a bit grumbly once they realise how much of her content is ads soon.

That tshirt looks like something from H&M for £7.99. Don’t tell me she’s charging more than that and saying it’s her design? Much like these young YouTubers who put a generic quote on a hoodie and sell it for £50.

Anyway, this woman annoys me. I came across her recently when a friend posted about her book, a memoir about being a single mum. She seems to forget she’s very well off with a fiancé about 20 years older (looked at his photo on Instagram, I’m sure it’s love but they do look like sugar daddy and baby)
Haven’t read the book (intrigued but I think it would enrage me) but apparently it had to be rewritten at the last minute because her (then) boyfriend ended things but then they were back together and engaged within a few weeks of it being published. She’s one of those who seem really self deprecating but it just doesn’t ring true and I think she’s actually got a massive ego

Reactions: 2
Haven’t read the book (intrigued but I think it would enrage me) but apparently it had to be rewritten at the last minute because her (then) boyfriend ended things but then they were back together and engaged within a few weeks of it being published. She’s one of those who seem really self deprecating but it just doesn’t ring true and I think she’s actually got a massive ego
How awkward! Now I want to read it and see what the ending says but refuse to buy it. Wonder if she gave him an ultimatum regarding marriage. I agree about the ego, she seems to think she’s the first person ever to get a divorce and have kids in her 20s.

I know it’s probably a more ‘modern’ way of looking at it too but they’re engaged and don’t live together (and don’t appear to spend a lot of time together by my own personal standards). I think I’d want to be sure that a new partner and my kids would be comfortable living together before I agreed to spend the rest of my life with them

I know it’s probably a more ‘modern’ way of looking at it too but they’re engaged and don’t live together (and don’t appear to spend a lot of time together by my own personal standards). I think I’d want to be sure that a new partner and my kids would be comfortable living together before I agreed to spend the rest of my life with them
Maybe it is a bit of a convenient situation then? She gets security and he gets a younger woman. As a mother, I’m struggling a bit to understand why you’d not live with someone if you’re marrying them... seems old fashioned? Does he not want to be around young kids? Because newsflash, they’re part of her. But she’s obviously willing to compromise. Weird situation.

Maybe it is a bit of a convenient situation then? She gets security and he gets a younger woman. As a mother, I’m struggling a bit to understand why you’d not live with someone if you’re marrying them... seems old fashioned? Does he not want to be around young kids? Because newsflash, they’re part of her. But she’s obviously willing to compromise. Weird situation.
Ah phew! I wondered if that was just me being a bit weird. It did all seem to move fast when they first got together and then the engagement so soon after breaking up would be a huge red flag to me. When she was single there seemed to be a hint of ‘desperation’ (I hate using that term) but still some glee about her hitting the dating scene hard. I think she was brought up very middle class and conventional and even though she spouts on and on about how the divorce was the right thing and the making of her blah blah blah I think there’s some shame there still and she just really wanted a man in her life.

It’s the £30 rip off T-shirts that seriously infuriate me though and I can’t believe no one has pointed it out to her! She doesn’t appear to have any kind of ‘management’ so maybe she’s truely not aware of the #ad rules but for not one person to point out the blatant plagiarism of the design is bizarre. Ok, I’m not pointing it out either but I enjoy my hate watching too much to get myself blocked

Ah phew! I wondered if that was just me being a bit weird. It did all seem to move fast when they first got together and then the engagement so soon after breaking up would be a huge red flag to me. When she was single there seemed to be a hint of ‘desperation’ (I hate using that term) but still some glee about her hitting the dating scene hard. I think she was brought up very middle class and conventional and even though she spouts on and on about how the divorce was the right thing and the making of her blah blah blah I think there’s some shame there still and she just really wanted a man in her life.

It’s the £30 rip off T-shirts that seriously infuriate me though and I can’t believe no one has pointed it out to her! She doesn’t appear to have any kind of ‘management’ so maybe she’s truely not aware of the #ad rules but for not one person to point out the blatant plagiarism of the design is bizarre. Ok, I’m not pointing it out either but I enjoy my hate watching too much to get myself blocked
She seems a smart women, she said she’s worked in digital advertising so of course she knows how #ads work. She’s barking on about sending her boyfriend her net-a-porter wish list for Christmas then buys an ugly £70 jumpsuit... wonder if that was an ad? Or just another excuse to show off her sugar baby life ?
You’re probably right about the upbringing. I didn’t watch her before she had this older guy but I can imagine she’d only date very well off men. I get the impression she set out for a certain type of man and got him. Wonder what her ex husband thinks?

She loves to be oh so #relatable but I don’t imagine she’s very relatable to most of her (our) age range. I’m not sure I can even afford to log on to net a porter let alone send my boyfriend a wish list and then treat myself a week before Christmas!

She was claiming poverty a couple of months ago because of an unpaid invoice which meant she had to dip into a savings account (or an isa or some stocks, she did a finance video and seems to have them all). Still didn’t need to downgrade from Waitrose even to Sainsbury’s though!

She loves to be oh so #relatable but I don’t imagine she’s very relatable to most of her (our) age range. I’m not sure I can even afford to log on to net a porter let alone send my boyfriend a wish list and then treat myself a week before Christmas!

She was claiming poverty a couple of months ago because of an unpaid invoice which meant she had to dip into a savings account (or an isa or some stocks, she did a finance video and seems to have them all). Still didn’t need to downgrade from Waitrose even to Sainsbury’s though!
Since having my girls, I only shop second hand for my own clothes and I’m a GP and my husband is an actor, we don’t do too bad but with two babies it’s tough. Alright for some, eh? No doubt she did well out of that divorce.