Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Exhaustednurse

VIP Member
Rvk_loves blocked me for asking questions re advertising

She had a post re fat face clothes. A follower did the usual sycophantic ‘oh my god I love everything’ and then went on to say ‘you’ve made me buy all of it, I really shouldn’t have!’ To which Rebecca posted a very disingenuous ‘sorry about that’ with some emoji

I asked why she was sorry as her account is to sell things. No need to pretend.

Blocked!

Reactions: 10

WiKi

This is not like going up to someone in the street and commenting on their life/what they’re wearing. This is like a group of people in a coffee shop gossiping about someone. You might not like it but if you happen to overhear someone talking about you (or google yourself) why would you barge in? Just bloody ignore it. Sites like these are NOT bullying, if we sent these messages directly to you then fair enough but we’re not. You try to put on this oh so relatable, ‘we’re all in this together’ speil but you’re not relatable to the majority. That’s not something I’ll put you down for, you work for your money and that’s great, well done you but when you slap it all over the internet PEOPLE WILL TALK! You don’t have to come here and read it so stop playing the fucking victim

Reactions: 8

swipeup

VIP Member
IMG_0125.PNG

I mean come on, talk about hiding it. That's a very deliberate decision to put that up in the corner behind the profile pic in that color font. If you want to post affiliate links, own it and put them front and center where everyone can see them.

Last edited:
  • Angry
Reactions: 8

Jt3491

The worst ad dodging I’ve seen has got to be the MOD/FOD bespoke herringbone kitchen (50K? I can’t even guess) - both of them posting about being in the showroom designing it etc, then photos up on their page, and so on. Even if they weren’t directly paid, there’s absolutely no way they paid what a standard person would be charged for all that free publicity - no doubt a sweet deal was worked out. That lily pebbles (boring beyond all belief) has the same bespoke kitchen - again plastered all over her Instagram and YouTube, and we’re expected to believe they all paid the full amount for those kitchens? Tbh the home lifestyle bloggers are the worst for lack of transparency. I think huge amounts of mentions go on for v sweet estimates compared to what the normal person on the street would be charged

Reactions: 5
N

NellieOleson

Last week MOD did a mirror selfie with credits of all her clothes, one credit was a gift of some trainers. All good on the AD front.

Today, another mirror selfie. No credits, one tag, being for a Hunter Boots puffer jacket, a brand that she has done a paid partnership with in the past and who one of her pals (DLAM) has been featuring (but not disclosing gifts etc) recently. Lots of people raving about the jacket and asking where it is from, so great exposure for Hunter. Was it gifted? I suspect it probably is, but why no credits?

This is what drives me nuts the most about influencers. One day they are keen to show how transparent they are, the next day they aren't. They all do this and I don't understand what motivates them to.

Reactions: 5

EdgyLegend

VIP Member
Thats me blocked by Lucy Jessica Carter for asking if her affiliated link post for a clothing shop should be marked as Ad in line with ASA etc.

She's as big a scammer and fraud as her sister and dad it seems!

Reactions: 4

Ellabella

VIP Member
Dear God Alice, why does it surprise you if people wonder how you can afford it all? You've quite publicly declared your poverty, lack of support from ex and uncertain work situation previously, so it can't be that much of a shock? £300 dresses are obscenely unobtainable for 99.9% of population so will undoubtedly alienate most people, but I suppose that's not important in the Instamum top trumps is it?

K

keeprowing

I would say it to your face Alice. Your an overpriveleged rip off merchant stealing ideas from other people to make money in the name of your faux feminism

K

keeprowing

I’m pretty sure that all these instahuns price their tops between £25-30 to filter out the riff raff too. They don’t want any common mums bringing the tone down do they. Selective sisterhood and all that

Reactions: 3

fmmac

I wonder how long I would last in my job if I adopted the same attitude that many of these influencer have ? it's not that difficult

Reactions: 3

KawaiiAF

VIP Member
I think if you report them, action is definitely taken and we receive a basic response with not much information about what steps were taken.

The reason why is that I have reported some celebs who never put ad or affiliate, ever. One was Katie Price. I received that standard, dismal response, BUT! the next time she posted an advert for the first time ever she marked it so!! Apparently being reported to the ASA is a big deal and they watch those accounts like a hawk.

Can I check something, so colleen ballinger did a sarcastic video about her pregnancy & it was just an excuse to advertise some products. First she advertised a skin cleaning system with different heads and the products, the sort of thing that was floating around in the 80s and was crap, and she's like laying it on thick 'this has been a huge life saver during my pregnancy'. That's when I knew it was an ad lol. She is not subtle. She then had a code for it for money off. She carried on advertising their other skin lotions saying how everyone compliments her skin now. She shows the website even and how to click on the items.

She then said she doesn't need shower as much as their shampoo and conditioner makes her hair look better longer LOL omg.

Anyway my point is, she has no #Ad, no affiliate nothing, the only thing she has done is the very last thing in the description box it says this video is sponsored.

Is that okay?!

Btw to those getting blocked, dw about telling them to their face cus they hate that, instead just report them. If they listened and did the right thing then fair enough, but they don't, & then you can't see to report them more haha. Eltoria is setting fire to any fan who dares mention her calendar rip off scandal, so just be aware they will go to their graves not doing the right thing unless you report them and then their hand is forced :ROFLMAO:

(If you want to see the most cringey, cheesey video advertising stuff you know she never uses, cus she barely showers (and has said before this is a fact) then watch this horrible advert shilling crap she'll never use. it's at the right time)

Reactions: 2

Lucylee

Decided to start this as the more people expose accounts on here the more I have looked into them and how bad are they..

Interior styling 18 - didn’t declare until she was outed here and still failing to properly declare

Thehousebuild - sneakily declaring gift at the end of captions, trying to hide and fool followers! The stories also lack the proper declaration! Needs to bore off NOW

Mybudgethome - terrible content, buying followers 100% and also does not declare

Sparklygreyhomeinteriors - hiding gifted garden items at the very end of her full caption .. sneaky!

There are many more that irritate me and lie .. they are pathetic and call it how it is will you! If it’s gifted then tell people!

Who annoys you?

Sweettutu

Chatty Member
That’s fair actually. I reported her before ages ago for some shady post on a hair tong. Again asa came back weakly BUT I saw a post of hers today doing a “paid partnership” with said tong. So who knows. We all just need to pick our influencer and report away until they disclose. I think I have been especially irritated by Luisa as she has married some serious wealth and has telly fame. So since there should be no need for her to grub about for freebies or spon or ad, it’s even less clear. Vs the stay at home Scottish mother of caylin (or similar) with 6,000 followers who did a post on that £125 nasal aspiration. As if she bought that, but since there’s 0 disclosure who’s to tell.

A lot of the instergram home accounts are really bad for showing things that are clearly adds/gifted and not declaring it..... Mrs rackley home... Pink peony home and the grey home spring to mind.

Last edited:

Sweettutu

Chatty Member
Small time instamum (uppallnight) is jumping on board the #ad “debate”. There’s no debate. Just a law.

In a nutshell she:
  • Doesn’t understand people who call out (“police”) the #ad transparency
  • insta is opt in, if you think people are being greedy etc just unfollow
  • no one is getting upset about consuming Instagram content “for free” (Because data doesn’t have any value obv. Hi, Cambridge Analytica!)
  • believe most people are good, and if they fuck it up cut them some slack.
Dunno why anyone would defend ad dodging??!! But have taken her advice and just unfollowed her. A hun pile on “amen to that. Sell what you want! Ps I like your lippy” is too depressing!

Last edited:
Decided to start this as the more people expose accounts on here the more I have looked into them and how bad are they..

Interior styling 18 - didn’t declare until she was outed here and still failing to properly declare

Thehousebuild - sneakily declaring gift at the end of captions, trying to hide and fool followers! The stories also lack the proper declaration! Needs to bore off NOW

Mybudgethome - terrible content, buying followers 100% and also does not declare

Sparklygreyhomeinteriors - hiding gifted garden items at the very end of her full caption .. sneaky!

There are many more that irritate me and lie .. they are pathetic and call it how it is will you! If it’s gifted then tell people!

Who annoys you?
I say this all the time about interior styling! She hides them in the top of the stories and doesn't declare properly.

I don't mind mybugethome she actually does declare all of her ads as far as I can see. And she's stated many times that she doesn't buy followers and tells people to never do it but I have seen her posting her Instagram on lots of Facebook groups so probably explains the growth

Sparkly grey home irritates the life out of me, an ad should be put on every single slide.

Dumbdumb

Mother of all adventures hardly ever puts #ad or #spon & yet I'm fairly sure it's almost 100% at the very least a gift?!

M

Member 177

The Freer Family.

Nearly every week they show something that's been "gifted" bento lunchboxes, hair bows, Christmas stockings, water bottle labels and this week muscle food has been mentioned a lot.
They never seem to say ad or paid partnership.