Thread for the AD Dodgers

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The House Build on Instagram - lovely home and interiors account but within the last year the affiliate links have shot up. Several a day often with a teeny #af in white in a pale background. I’d have to win the lottery for spending on those links but must appeal to a wealthy demographic!

The House Build on Instagram - lovely home and interiors account but within the last year the affiliate links have shot up. Several a day often with a teeny #af in white in a pale background. I’d have to win the lottery for spending on those links but must appeal to a wealthy demographic!
I unfollowed a while ago for this reason. It's the sneakiness that bothers me.

I have found the occasional meal ideas shared on THB stories useful but the super expensive clothing and jewellery, not so much.
She has been open about funding the house build and using lots of credit cards but knowing her current business and corporate law background you’d think she’d be a bit clearer about the ads.
I follow because it’s a peek into how some people live although with the home and interiors accounts but I would find it really good for them to show their homes when they are being used. I noticed one account did a #instasham #instareality and was mournful about the mess but there was barely any difference in the two photos!
I agree with a PP that the home and interiors accounts are creeping up to be some of the worst offenders with ad labelling...

Yes she's a huge offender with the hidden affiliate links and also posts a lot of discount codes for free stuff she's been sent and doesn't mark them AD. This isn't her main source of income and I hardly think she needs a few extra quid from some affiliate links! I had to unfollow after all the running stories she was posting. And that "competition" that she did in the summer to win a visit to the house but was actually won by another instagram interiors account (yeah right)....what was that all about?

Reactions: 2
It wasn’t surprising that the winner was another interiors blogger, I don’t think she’d let any lowly instagrammer have a tour of her home but then again most of it is online anyway.

Reactions: 1
I really like Alice, she seems kind and lovely. However, she regularly spends £££ on clothes (like £200 dresses and £250 jeans), completely oblivious to the fact this is unobtainable to 99% of population. I suppose when you live in your parents house you don't have a mortgage to worry about!

Small time instamum (uppallnight) is jumping on board the #ad “debate”. There’s no debate. Just a law.

In a nutshell she:
  • Doesn’t understand people who call out (“police”) the #ad transparency
  • insta is opt in, if you think people are being greedy etc just unfollow
  • no one is getting upset about consuming Instagram content “for free” (Because data doesn’t have any value obv. Hi, Cambridge Analytica!)
  • believe most people are good, and if they duck it up cut them some slack.
Dunno why anyone would defend ad dodging??!! But have taken her advice and just unfollowed her. A hun pile on “amen to that. Sell what you want! Ps I like your lippy” is too depressing!

Last edited:
Small time instamum (uppallnight) is jumping on board the #ad “debate”. There’s no debate. Just a law.

In a nutshell she:
  • Doesn’t understand people who call out (“police”) the #ad transparency
  • insta is opt in, if you think people are being greedy etc just unfollow
  • no one is getting upset about consuming Instagram content “for free” (Because data doesn’t have any value obv. Hi, Cambridge Analytica!)
  • believe most people are good, and if they duck it up cut them some slack.
Dunno why anyone would defend ad dodging??!! But have taken her advice and just unfollowed her. A hun pile on “amen to that. Sell what you want! Ps I like your lippy” is too depressing!
Christ, she sounds as thick as mince.

Mother of all adventures hardly ever puts #ad or #spon & yet I'm fairly sure it's almost 100% at the very least a gift?!

A good few of the fashion floggers are still not declaring ads/gifts. ‘We are twinset’ is one account that haven’t taken note of the new rules yet! I think some will be taking the risk to see who gets fined before acting.

Seriously? Such an asshole move to put AD at the end with a ?. Do your job properly or get a different one?! Sick of these so called influencers thinking they are all that and don't have to follow the rules that are there to protect their 'customers'.

Attachments

I wonder how long I would last in my job if I adopted the same attitude that many of these influencer have ? it's not that difficult

Reactions: 3
I hope some of the ones taking the piss of the rules are the first to get the fines! Who’ll get the last laugh then?!

Does anyone follow an account called disney4brits? I do like the family, but there are a lot of products, swipe ups and links shared and they have 21k followers, surely they meet the criteria for an AD or two, I've never seen one AD or AFF on there posts

Mrs Hinch is ridiculous. For every 100 ads/gifted/af link she may declare 1 if that

Alice Judge-Talbot has just posted on insta ranting about paperchase ripping off small brands!! But she has no problem with her own small brand ripping off other people’s work with her T-shirts!

She's on a roll just now with the outfit posting and affiliate links. Every single day several items of clothing, all the skincare yesterday, every single item affiliate linked. Kitchen stuff, makeup, skincare, clothes.....swipe up, swipe up, swipe up...........it's endless.