ThisMummyStory #2 Reels and reels of what not to do, no one cares about Coco doing a poo

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
This is what pisses me off about all this bullshit chat. No matter how she wants to phrase it, she still effectively had to sleep train her. It was bugger all to do with coco getting there all by herself. She didn’t suddenly say one day, “oh no more boob for me thanks mum. I think I’ll sleep” George effectively got her husband to do something different to get her to go to sleep. Therefore sleep trained her.

And yeah, waking at 4am to be given an iPad for what, 2 hours? Is not a parenting win in my book

Reactions: 8
my little one has just woken up and i couldn’t help thinking that george would class this as sleeping through 😂 erm no it’s still the middle of the night and she’s gone back down because 4am is not a normal wake up time and i’ve not now lobbed an ipad in her face

• Haha
Reactions: 5
This is what pisses me off about all this bullshit chat. No matter how she wants to phrase it, she still effectively had to sleep train her. It was bugger all to do with coco getting there all by herself. She didn’t suddenly say one day, “oh no more boob for me thanks mum. I think I’ll sleep” George effectively got her husband to do something different to get her to go to sleep. Therefore sleep trained her.

And yeah, waking at 4am to be given an iPad for what, 2 hours? Is not a parenting win in my book
Exactly! She basically sleep trained she just doesn’t want to admit that. Not all sleep training is crying, but coco didn’t do it on her own and just decide to sleep. George cut off the reason for her waking, she stopped offering milk and coco eventually started sleeping longer.
If she stopped this nonsense with the iPad at 4 am I’m sure she would sleep more too.
But 4am is not sleeping through 😂

I said it earlier up the thread but she likes to see herself as a ‘sleep supporting’ mum and slam down ‘sleep training’ mums when it’s all the same thing and only get spouted off on the internet. Never in real life do you put yourself in these boxes

Reactions: 1
I was surprised that she even sticks an iPad in Greyson's face for the school run in the pushchair.

I wouldn't say night weaning was sleep training at all!
She might weaned with the hope that coco would start sleep training! It’s the same thing, if you are making any big changes in the hope of sleep it’s basically sleep training. Sleep training isn’t only cry it out, there are so many gentle methods.
She stopped going into cocos room past bedtime and her husband went instead with the goal of helping her sleep.

Reactions: 3
She might weaned with the hope that coco would start sleep training! It’s the same thing, if you are making any big changes in the hope of sleep it’s basically sleep training. Sleep training isn’t only cry it out, there are so many gentle methods.
She stopped going into cocos room past bedtime and her husband went instead with the goal of helping her sleep.
That to me isn't sleep training at all. Hopes for better sleep, yes, but not sleep training. Not every small change with a view to improving sleep is sleep training and gentle sleep training methods don't exist.

I can’t even cope how bright and light her bedroom is at 4am! Of course the kids think it’s morning!! All because she doesn’t want to put a blackout blind in her room because they’re depressing!! Sorry love 4am wake ups are depressing not the aesthetic of your bedroom!!

Reactions: 7
That to me isn't sleep training at all. Hopes for better sleep, yes, but not sleep training. Not every small change with a view to improving sleep is sleep training and gentle sleep training methods don't exist.
But coco didn’t just magically sleep through. She stopped doing one thing when she woke up and started doing something else. I don’t give a tit what she did, but it’s this “narrative” that somehow because Madame George did it and called it A Together Sleep Journey with Mama or some tit it’s somehow any different from other parents ways of doing it. However you get your kid to sleep at night you have to train them to sleep. I don’t care how else George tries to say it.

Reactions: 2
But coco didn’t just magically sleep through. She stopped doing one thing when she woke up and started doing something else. I don’t give a tit what she did, but it’s this “narrative” that somehow because Madame George did it and called it A Together Sleep Journey with Mama or some tit it’s somehow any different from other parents ways of doing it. However you get your kid to sleep at night you have to train them to sleep. I don’t care how else George tries to say it.
But you don't 'train' a child to sleep? Babies aren't dogs. Helping your child fall asleep isn't training them to sleep.. The narrative that she's referring to is that you have to leave them to cry or do some sort of method so they sleep or they never will and that's not the case. George sent her husband in to help Coco, he's just as much a parent as George is so still being responsive, Coco took well to that and now she sleeps better. I honestly don't see how that can be classed as sleep training at all. Pick up put down, cio, the chair method etc are all sleep training... Getting Dad to help settle her back to sleep isnt. I can't stand George at all but I don't think this is it. Its one thing to criticise the way she goes on about it but saying she's sleep training because Coco's dad tends to her at night is crazy!

But you don't 'train' a child to sleep? Babies aren't dogs. Helping your child fall asleep isn't training them to sleep.. The narrative that she's referring to is that you have to leave them to cry or do some sort of method so they sleep or they never will and that's not the case. George sent her husband in to help Coco, he's just as much a parent as George is so still being responsive, Coco took well to that and now she sleeps better. I honestly don't see how that can be classed as sleep training at all. Pick up put down, cio, the chair method etc are all sleep training... Getting Dad to help settle her back to sleep isnt. I can't stand George at all but I don't think this is it. Its one thing to criticise the way she goes on about it but saying she's sleep training because Coco's dad tends to her at night is crazy!
Ok but I think it’s the word “train” then that’s causing some issues. She learnt a new way to go to sleep. I absolutely think the dad should play a part. But George said herself her kid cried whilst the dad did it, but it’s was ok because it wasn’t a “bad cry”. I mean, why does she have to justify this way? That’s what I object to. She did what every other parent does, some earlier than her, in getting their kid to learn to sleep. Honestly I cannot stress enough how much I don’t care whether her or anybodies kid eventually sleeps at 18 months, 18 years or 18 days. I object to George always trying to present everything she does as the best way to do it

Edit to add: and not only the best way, the only way.

But the dad did pick up put down? She cried he picked up cuddled put down, if she didn’t settle he did it again. Is that not the same thing

But the dad did pick up put down? She cried he picked up cuddled put down, if she didn’t settle he did it again. Is that not the same thing
I understood it that she fell asleep whilst he was rocking her and then he put her down. I could be wrong. Pick up put down you put them down awake

So much argh around sleep/sleep training. We’re all bored of George’s made up crap and I couldn’t give a shite who sleep trains/who breaks their back rocking and power boobing all night but I can’t stand her constantly going on about it like she’s the mother of all mothers 😱

• Haha
So much argh around sleep/sleep training. We’re all bored of George’s made up crap and I couldn’t give a shite who sleep trains/who breaks their back rocking and power boobing all night but I can’t stand her constantly going on about it like she’s the mother of all mothers 😱
And spending tit loads in smiggle 🥴

Well it’s Sunday so you know what that means. Hope you’re all preparing yourselves for the transition out of the weekend.

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.