This Mama Life #26 Sinbad’s off to sea sea sea but what about poor old me me me?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
She was obviously ill at Christmas and they barely saw her. Unforgivable. I hope the guilt is hitting her
It's just very, very sad. He obviously managed to get compassionate leave and was made to pose in a motorway burger king concession and was filmed (along with his distressed children) periodically through out the journey for the purposes of making a reel. The photo was posted with the real reason for "this one" being there breezily dismissed and the focus was on the Navy (NOT AGAIN, URGH 🙄) "spoiling" Valentine's Day. This is not OK

I hope Rob knows he can reach out to any medical personnel and ask for support. Not just here for physical things. I supect he will have very complex and complicated feelings around all of this which could take months or years even to surface. That's OK and help is always available and confidential

Reactions: 12
I wonder if Sarah's parents knew how unwell her mother-in-law was. Most people would be deeply uncomfortable spending Christmas with their grandchildren whilst another grandparent spends what was her last Christmas without her son or grandchildren with her. I suspect trips HOME! will be very difficult emotionally for Rob for quite some time.

Reactions: 13
I wonder if the kids have been at school they should be home in a safe place to be angry sad ask questions a d prepare to see their dad who won't be his usual self!

Reactions: 1
Look when my Father in law died I never shed a tear …I didn’t like him thought he was a creep. I did not post he had died I supported his son. It was a quick death but unexpected. His mother died after 2 years of yo-yoing to hospital …I saw her but thought my partners time was special so he went up most of the time and the kids saw her …also covid times …through a window …at least my husband was there ….

Will the kids understand what’s going on if she has explained to them? Not sure why she you start understanding grief at? Lucky enough to not have experienced it until later in life

Reactions: 1
Will the kids understand what’s going on if she has explained to them? Not sure why she you start understanding grief at? Lucky enough to not have experienced it until later in life
Her kids aren’t babies, of course they will understand that their grandmother has died!

Reactions: 6
Absolutely, my son lost 2 grandparents at 6 and 8 years old, both times he completely understood. Lachlan and Isla will be well aware and need that support

Reactions: 3
I think they will if someone other than Sarah explains it to them. If it is down to her, rather than just be honest but compassionate she’ll lead with “guess what kids? Daddy’s coming home!” and make a mess of telling them why then swiftly lead to the impact of her before finding something urgent to paint.

But they’re definitely capable of understanding

Reactions: 4
Why wouldn’t they understand? I’d say kids start understanding when you say someone is died and isn’t coming back at probably around the age of 3/4??

Reactions: 6
I’m horrified to realise that at the time she was being all vague about seeing him for valentines, moaning in detail about how it was a terrible valentines for her, how the navy made life so hard for her; organising logistics so she could see him, and FILM HIM, all while his focus should have been on the monumental awfulness of having to go and say goodbye forever to his mum.

I can’t begin to imagine what it must take to travel for the sole purpose of a brief visit to say goodbye, all the things to say, and having to leave the room one last time. What must’ve been going through his head, trying to focus on making the most of those final minutes.

Distracting him from that is unforgivable, and filming it is disgusting.

Reactions: 25
The way Sarah is acting is beyond awful.

She shouldn't be keeping their routine to 'normal' she needs to allow her children, the (grandchildren) to grieve, what kind of lesson is she teaching them to be normal around the death of someone close in the family. She's not teaching them it's ok to be upset and stop the normal life routine for a few days to understand what's happened and to process it. Even if she's not upset/grieving, she needs to allow her children to.

Posting ad's is unthinkable especially as she said work and brands are being very understanding - it's her wanting to post, not them pressuring it.

Sick woman.

Poor Rob & his family. It's so very sad :(

Reactions: 14
Goodness me, I hope she feels really guilty now about the lack of time and effort made with Rob’s family. Is she not embarrassed by the fleeting stops on the way to Scotland being the only contact they have? It would make sense if they had a really tense or estranged relationship, but the Facebook comments don’t indicate that. We live a way away from my in laws and make as much effort as possible to spend weeks with them at a time, take it in turns for Christmases etc. She’s just a selfish human being.

Reactions: 8
Her kids aren’t babies, of course they will understand that their grandmother has died!
Okay, I’m sorry. I just wasn’t sure what age you would emotionally understand death at as I thought it might be quite confusing for kids hence asking but my bad. 😢
---
Why wouldn’t they understand? I’d say kids start understanding when you say someone is died and isn’t coming back at probably around the age of 3/4??
Okay I’m sorry! Have no experience in grief with kids so I wasn’t sure what age. Sorry for asking if it was a sensitive question. My bad 😞

• Heart
Those kids will have limited memories of their Grandmother. No spending Christmas together, no holidays together. Just the occasional stop off when heading up to Scotland. Really sad.

• Sad
Reactions: 8
Did she even take the kids to see their dying granny over the last few weeks? :( Or just too occupied living her busy, busy fully documented life.

• Sad
Reactions: 5
Did she even take the kids to see their dying granny over the last few weeks? :( Or just too occupied living her busy, busy fully documented life.
They were up in Aberdeen during the Feb half term I think. Yes. A “Never want to say goodbye” caption under a picture of Sarah’s parents. That must have been nice for Rob to read at the time. Very tactful

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 16
It’s speculation but I think Rob’s parents can’t stand Sarah and haven’t wanted to spend time with her. She knows it and probably feels very uncomfortable and irritated when she has to see them so it’s infrequent. Because Rob has no balls to stand up to Sarah he’s never taken the kids to see his parents alone or made an effort for them to see the kids much. She’ll be super careful about what she posts for the next week or two around the funeral etc because I think his family don’t take any crap from her and have made it clear none of her Instagram nonsense flies with them.

I feel for Rob but if he hasn’t made an effort to let his kids know his parents it’s just another thing he’s let her get away with.

Reactions: 10
My mam didn't like my dad's mother, but she always but us first, we would spend time with her over the summer, mam always made the effort, for us, we have memories with our nanny

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.