This Mama Life #26 Sinbad’s off to sea sea sea but what about poor old me me me?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Surely with all going on she could have kept those poor kids off school and I really do wonder if her parents give a tit about them! If that was me my mum would have been on the first flight down. To support and show her condolences aswell these woman share grandchildren surely they will make an effort for the funeral too...her dad too!

Reactions: 10
How on earth can she not have seen Rob yet? What? His mother died and what, shes not bothered to go to see him or any of his family? Please - PLEASE - tell me this is a joke?
It’s just unreal - she’s using the kids as an excuse not to have gone up there and just been there. She’s so socially inept she can’t bear the thought of being in the company of the family for any length of time.

I wonder if Rob’s mum was poorly at Christmas - I can’t help think that’s the reason they saw that side of the family for longer instead of a cheese and cracker pit stop. But if they did know she was ill then she should have taken the kids up herself whenever possible - but that would of course putting her kids and family first

Reactions: 7
Could it be the case that Rob is away and not able to get back til tonight? I would sincerely hope so or something is very amiss. It may simply be that the wider family have asked that Sarah isn’t there for an extended period of time - the thought of dealing with grief and trying to arrange the funeral whilst not being sure if Sarah is making content for instagram without permission would just be intolerable

I do agree that her parents should have been down with her on standby to assist and travel to the funeral. I think we can safely assume Sarah’s parents won’t be going to the funeral in any event. Very sad all round.

To be honest I suspect she’s not been wanted, and Rob and his family know she’d be absolutely useless as a support to them, and she’d bring the kids and basically dump them and the last thing the family needs is the kids running around being feral. Rob is hopeless but I think he’s got enough nouse to know she’d be a nightmare if she and the kids landed on them for a few days.

What so people are aren’t in the military don’t deal with death? duck right off Sarah
With a career that long-serving, a fair chunk of people away at sea will have been away when something bad has happened to the family and they’ll be the ones supporting Rob over the last few weeks/months!

I can’t believe she’s left Rob at his dad’s for all this time and then has the cheek to say she can’t wait to support him! If the funeral is tomorrow surely he hasn’t just arrived home?

Reactions: 4
Could it be the case that Rob is away and not able to get back til tonight? I would sincerely hope so or something is very amiss. It may simply be that the wider family have asked that Sarah isn’t there for an extended period of time - the thought of dealing with grief and trying to arrange the funeral whilst not being sure if Sarah is making content for instagram without permission would just be intolerable

I do agree that her parents should have been down with her on standby to assist and travel to the funeral. I think we can safely assume Sarah’s parents won’t be going to the funeral in any event. Very sad all round.
Id very highly doubt it. He was allowed leave to visit her so id assume hes been granted compassionate leave now that shes passed away?

Reactions: 5
I’m speechless! She is a selfish cow!! Why has she not been up there supporting her husband!?! Unless she has been specifically asked not to go then it is completely unacceptable that she is staying put at the place she doesn’t even call home just to keep a normal routine. I hope this acts as a massive wake up call to her family, friends and most importantly Rob. Really struggling to understand what any of this has to do with the Navy as well?

Reactions: 6
My dad's twin dropped dead just over a month ago, 5 minutes after hear the news I was in the car and drove home just over an hour I did bring the kids with me because my sister was there whit her kids and the kids did there own thing, we had 21 days to have his body flown home to Ireland but we all regularly touched base In that time, navigation grief, kids, commitments, jobs, family, husband (mine runs his own business and can be away at times) but we all still managed and not one passives aggressive remark between us, were a close knit family and we were all devastated beyond belief and the night after the funeral my dad ended up in ICU I was litterly just in the door from the funeral my best friend came and looked after the kids until my husband came home, I left straight away to be with my mam I kid you not 8 hours I spend driving that day, thats what my family mean to me.

• Heart
If you were Rob, and you were away at sea, then allowed back, don’t you think your best supports would be your colleagues who understand the pressure of being at sea during parental loss, and then back with your family who share in your loss and the memories?

Whether he’s only just back, or has been at his parents house for a few days - I suspect that’s given him more space to grieve and process than he would have had with Sarah and the kids.

She’s an emotional leech, at least this way he has had a bit of time with his own thoughts.

Reactions: 1
I've only just stumbled across this woman. Good grief.

I'm married to an army officer and I can't stand people who make being married to a military man/woman their identity. She needs to get a grip. I can guarantee her husband will be getting no end of grief too from his colleagues about her posting about military life. It's cringe.

Reactions: 12
I'm hoping she doesn't drag the kids to the funeral. I don't think it's appropriate considering they didn't really know her and I just don't know how Lachlan would be either.

I'm hoping she doesn't drag the kids to the funeral. I don't think it's appropriate considering they didn't really know her and I just don't know how Lachlan would be either.
I brought my kids with me.my 3 year old you didn't even know he was there he was queit as a mouse ... her kids should have.manners and be able to sit through a funeral... but doubtful when there.always ferrel in.public

Reactions: 3
I actually think it would be beneficial if those lids did attend the funeral. It gives them the opportunity to say goodbye, to help understand the process of dying and grief. Normalising death & dying for kids is really important and shouldn’t be hidden away.

Reactions: 9
I actually think it would be beneficial if those lids did attend the funeral. It gives them the opportunity to say goodbye, to help understand the process of dying and grief. Normalising death & dying for kids is really important and shouldn’t be hidden away.
I've always brought mine to funerals they k ow how to behave, they ask questions and its a open subject here, my eldest is 12 so he's been going to them for years

Reactions: 2
Ordinarily I would agree with you but their kids are so badly behaved and used to performing I shudder to think what might happen.

Giving my input. I haven't taken my kids to a funeral, mine are 5 and 10, they've lost two grandparents.
My 10 year old had the choice when my Dad died and chose not to, and was younger when it was my MIL so we didn't ask him.
However, in the days between my Dad's death and the funeral, he was around us all, at all times. I don't believe she should have had her Mum down to look after the kids as some have said, but I do believe she and the kids should have gone straight to Rob when he was home, he'll want to be with his children surely? I know when it was my Dad I needed my kids around, especially my eldest, he was my "normal".
I would not have been worried about routine, they should have been out of school and straight there, they're grieving too. She's such a selfish twit! But Rob should have been insisting they go there, if he hasn't it says so much about their marriage!

Reactions: 2
Sarah would probably try to insta story during the funeral…
“Bless him” @ Lachlan when he’s misbehaving and his parents are not managing him
Whispered stories from under a suitably cheap veil and hat that she’s bought from some fast fashion shop, and made sure to affiliate link, whilst she blames the navy for her mother in law dying and complains about how hard it is being a military wife, with digs at Sinbad. Also funeral nails and hairies shown.

Isla wearing clothes too small for her as usual posed with some stupid caption.

The funeral tea, shared to persuade us that she does eat but doesn’t have sweet tooth, at all, ever.

And then an emergency visit to Scotland to get comfort from being “at home”

Ordinarily I would agree with you but their kids are so badly behaved and used to performing I shudder to think what might happen.
This is what I meant. They won't know how to act at a funeral and it could embarrass other family members ect who want to pay their respects ect.

Reactions: 3
Giving my input. I haven't taken my kids to a funeral, mine are 5 and 10, they've lost two grandparents.
My 10 year old had the choice when my Dad died and chose not to, and was younger when it was my MIL so we didn't ask him.
However, in the days between my Dad's death and the funeral, he was around us all, at all times. I don't believe she should have had her Mum down to look after the kids as some have said, but I do believe she and the kids should have gone straight to Rob when he was home, he'll want to be with his children surely? I know when it was my Dad I needed my kids around, especially my eldest, he was my "normal".
I would not have been worried about routine, they should have been out of school and straight there, they're grieving too. She's such a selfish twit! But Rob should have been insisting they go there, if he hasn't it says so much about their marriage!
Her mum should have been there to provide support as Sarah struggles seriously with parenting; particularly single handedly and has significant form for passive aggressively acting out with Rob when under pressure. Therefore an “adult” is actually needed in this situation to run some interference and step in to assist with the children

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.