This Mama Life #26 Sinbad’s off to sea sea sea but what about poor old me me me?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
What time are they leaving to drive South? Surely you'd leave earlier than this if you were so "anxious" about it that you're coughing and gagging? She'll be driving a long time in the dark at this rate. Tool.

Reactions: 6
Not excusing her behaviour and neglectful parenting but that story today is very worrying. I think she needs professional helping fairly urgently. How her parents don’t see that, let alone Sinbad, is pretty odd.
I’ve lost so much sympathy for her, I’m at the stage where I don’t know if I want to keep reading her thread. She’s a troubled woman, undoubtedly. But my gut feeling is she’s quite manipulative and I don’t think her folks will be on IG so don’t see what we saw today or at any point. I can’t help think they’ve probably tried to help her over the years but I’m not sure she ever sees any issue with how she feels and behaves so what can they do? We all know that Rob could walk away from the Navy tomorrow and she’d be fine for a while but not forever.

She needs to help herself first and foremost because I don’t think she’s at the point of being sectioned, so what can her mum and dad do? Relocate and bring up the kids so Sarah has more time to indulge herself living in the past and not have to face the fact she doesn’t want to be a mum?

Sorry if this sounds harsh, I’m normally quite sympathetic to mental health struggles. But I think she is an adult with capacity who enjoys getting attention online and people thinking she’s hard done by who will never be happy until she realises what her issues are and wants to get help

• Heart
Reactions: 20
I’ve lost so much sympathy for her, I’m at the stage where I don’t know if I want to keep reading her thread. She’s a troubled woman, undoubtedly. But my gut feeling is she’s quite manipulative and I don’t think her folks will be on IG so don’t see what we saw today or at any point. I can’t help think they’ve probably tried to help her over the years but I’m not sure she ever sees any issue with how she feels and behaves so what can they do? We all know that Rob could walk away from the Navy tomorrow and she’d be fine for a while but not forever.

She needs to help herself first and foremost because I don’t think she’s at the point of being sectioned, so what can her mum and dad do? Relocate and bring up the kids so Sarah has more time to indulge herself living in the past and not have to face the fact she doesn’t want to be a mum?

Sorry if this sounds harsh, I’m normally quite sympathetic to mental health struggles. But I think she is an adult with capacity who enjoys getting attention online and people thinking she’s hard done by who will never be happy until she realises what her issues are and wants to get help
The problem with this analysis is it does not factor in the impact of this behaviour on the children

Feel sorry for Rob who is clearly going through some family issues and has this tocontend with too at a time he could do with some support himself

Last edited:
Reactions: 9
The problem with this analysis is it does not factor in the impact of this behaviour on the children
I’d say it’s more of an opinion than an analysis to be fair. But if she’s hiding how she feels from people, what are they meant to do to help her? Or if they do see what we do, what do you think they should do for Sarah?

Reactions: 2
I’d say it’s more of an opinion than an analysis to be fair. But if she’s hiding how she feels from people, what are they meant to do to help her? Or if they do see what we do, what do you think they should do for Sarah?
I think they should sit down with her and tell she is not well and that her behaviour is putting the children at risk. She can chose to get help or not. If not, then her parents/Sinbad will need to involve the school as a first step to getting support and advice regarding the children. Sinbad also needs to ask his work for some compassionate leave as soon as possible and for close support from the RN family association or whatever it is called. Essentially the children’s welfare has to be prioritised and that means involving external bodies who will have oversight over this if need be. Sarah can then make an informed decision about what to do. I do think her parents ( or brothers) if they see these stories need to take this really seriously and accompany her back to England with a view to going into the school on Monday to ask for support and advice if Sarah won’t get help. She is about to make a very long drive when - according to her - she is on the verge of and/or is hyperventilating. That is unsafe for the children and other road users. Sarah is an adult who can do what she wants - the focus of the other adults should be on keeping the children safe and protecting their well-being. If you take her at face value, what happens if she has a full blown panic attack at the services, late at night, and can’t drive further? An ambulance comes for her but do her parents/Rob want the children to be in emergency foster care for the night after that frightening experience until one of them can get to them?

Reactions: 10
I think Sarah has breadcrumbed her feelings in such a manipulative way, that those closest to her will be confused

What version of herself does she show them? The unable to cope, emotionally unstable version? The scatty incapable of managing her schedule version? The bitter resentful Navy hating and childhood obsessing version?

Or the version where she’s super mum, doing ALL of the activities (twice), baking for friends, upcycling furniture, working, filming, going to soft play, getting her lashes/nails/extensions done, friends for lunch, and brightly giving ‘yeah like haha it’s so fun but haha like it’s busy but it’s like FIIIINE’ to instagram?

At this point I’m hoping one of her friends or maybe one of her brothers girlfriends sees her instagram and has the balls to alert her parents. She is not capable of the self reflection needed to make sensible choices for herself and the kids. She will carry on as she is, blaming Rob and the navy.

Reactions: 10
She’s posted a story where she’s filming the road whilst driving…. As if she couldn’t make that journey any more likely to end in a car crash…

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 16
She’s posted a story where she’s filming the road whilst driving…. As if she couldn’t make that journey any more likely to end in a car crash…
What on earth is she playing at? Even if her phone is mounted on a dash holder shes still obviously looking at it/pressing buttons/loading up on Instagtam - why is she so obsessed and addicted to posting this kind of boring inconsequential rubbish to social media? Shes lost it.

Reactions: 8
I think Sarah has breadcrumbed her feelings in such a manipulative way, that those closest to her will be confused

What version of herself does she show them? The unable to cope, emotionally unstable version? The scatty incapable of managing her schedule version? The bitter resentful Navy hating and childhood obsessing version?

Or the version where she’s super mum, doing ALL of the activities (twice), baking for friends, upcycling furniture, working, filming, going to soft play, getting her lashes/nails/extensions done, friends for lunch, and brightly giving ‘yeah like haha it’s so fun but haha like it’s busy but it’s like FIIIINE’ to instagram?

At this point I’m hoping one of her friends or maybe one of her brothers girlfriends sees her instagram and has the balls to alert her parents. She is not capable of the self reflection needed to make sensible choices for herself and the kids. She will carry on as she is, blaming Rob and the navy.
She’s clearly on the verge of tears there. In their house. They presumably know she has had no fridge for how long? Rob knows he gets concerning messages from her via WhatsApp - we’ve seen them. Do the parents never look at Instagram at all? The brothers or their partners never do either? She has had a previous eating disorder/mental health issues. I don’t believe she will talk about “down south” (her home) fondly to them. She is glued to her phone in an obsessive way which distracts her from parenting to the serious detriment of the children. I don’t think either the parents nor Rob can excuse themselves from any responsibility.

I suspect the parents have tried to enforce some boundaries about going home at a decent time to get a food shop/fridge sorted/children settled. Maybe the parents pointed out that Sarah’s children could have joined her and her friend and her friend’s child for coffee rather than them taking them swimming? Something has triggered this acting out but it is actively unsafe for the children and responsible adults should be stepping in

Reactions: 7
Why doesnt she and the kids move to Scotland to be in her favourite place? Sinbad is generally away most of the time and he can live on the base with many many other married sailors.

She should have stayed living on the base so that she could have support from the other wives who’s husbands are posted away!!!!

We don’t know what they have or haven’t said to her. We don’t know if they do or don’t know about her stories. Even if they follow her, stories can be hidden from people and I’m afraid I think she would do that.

If they do know how she’s feeling today then yes, I would expect them to intervene.

SHE knows that she’s panicking though. Do you really think her parents would make her leave tonight if she explained to them? If she hasn’t told them, why not? (Rhetorical questions). Even if they’re leaving early because her folks are going away for the weekend, I doubt they wouldn’t say to her “ok, stay here another couple of days and see how you feel on Sunday”. They might even suggest she phone 111 for medical advice if she tells them it’s due to anxiety. Will she tell them though?

I don’t believe she doesn’t have a single friend or family member who want to try and help her. I don’t believe Rob’s family know what’s going on with her from one month to the next as they don’t seem close at all.

My opinion is still the same though - that she’s a manipulative person who is desperate to control the narrative and get her own way. I also think any time anyone tries to help, she’d stomp her feet and have a tantrum because she thinks all the external factors are to blame for her unhappiness and she doesn’t have to look at her part in anything. “I’d be fine if Rob left the navy and we lived here. But I won’t try and get on with it for the family’s sake, I want him to leave NOW!” I’d be delighted to be wrong but that is based on a couple of years of watching her and reading here. And today’s story didn’t change my mind.

If she drives today then whatever happens is something she has to be careful for. She had the wherewithal to create a story talking about her anxiety so if she sets off then what does that say about her actions?

I don’t know what it’s like to have a diagnosed eating disorder but I know what it’s like to have mental health issues and to routinely pull myself out of dark spells because a) I want to feel better and b) I brought a child into the world so it’s up to me and my husband to put his welfare first and foremost to the best of our abilities. I don’t think either Sarah or Rob are bossing parenting to be honest, especially when it comes to Lachlan, but I think they’re both selfish and Sarah in particular has aforementioned issues that stem from her feeling that she’s permanently hard done by.

As I say, I’d be delighted to be wrong and it goes without saying that I wouldn’t wish any harm on any of them.

@Lilyofthevalley80 I thought I had quoted your post but it didn’t work

GROW UP WOMAN! I mean, we get it, you hate living down south. If it’s that bad, do something about it. If not, shut the f*ck up and concentrate on looking after your two children, who really need you right now.
Someone else said the exact point - the reason she’s so anxious is because she doesn’t want to be alone with her kids - she wants mummy and daddy to look after her.

Reactions: 13
Wtaf with the dashcam footage whilst she’s the only *adult in (and driver of) the car???

*adult in age if not in regard to common sense or the ability to function like a normal, sensible, risk-aware parent.

I spoke to my family member and they said they started coughing/gagging before their breakdown.

They thought nothing of it but now realise it was an early sign of things to come.

Reactions: 5
We don’t know what they have or haven’t said to her. We don’t know if they do or don’t know about her stories. Even if they follow her, stories can be hidden from people and I’m afraid I think she would do that.

If they do know how she’s feeling today then yes, I would expect them to intervene.

SHE knows that she’s panicking though. Do you really think her parents would make her leave tonight if she explained to them? If she hasn’t told them, why not? (Rhetorical questions). Even if they’re leaving early because her folks are going away for the weekend, I doubt they wouldn’t say to her “ok, stay here another couple of days and see how you feel on Sunday”. They might even suggest she phone 111 for medical advice if she tells them it’s due to anxiety. Will she tell them though?

I don’t believe she doesn’t have a single friend or family member who want to try and help her. I don’t believe Rob’s family know what’s going on with her from one month to the next as they don’t seem close at all.

My opinion is still the same though - that she’s a manipulative person who is desperate to control the narrative and get her own way. I also think any time anyone tries to help, she’d stomp her feet and have a tantrum because she thinks all the external factors are to blame for her unhappiness and she doesn’t have to look at her part in anything. “I’d be fine if Rob left the navy and we lived here. But I won’t try and get on with it for the family’s sake, I want him to leave NOW!” I’d be delighted to be wrong but that is based on a couple of years of watching her and reading here. And today’s story didn’t change my mind.

If she drives today then whatever happens is something she has to be careful for. She had the wherewithal to create a story talking about her anxiety so if she sets off then what does that say about her actions?

I don’t know what it’s like to have a diagnosed eating disorder but I know what it’s like to have mental health issues and to routinely pull myself out of dark spells because a) I want to feel better and b) I brought a child into the world so it’s up to me and my husband to put his welfare first and foremost to the best of our abilities. I don’t think either Sarah or Rob are bossing parenting to be honest, especially when it comes to Lachlan, but I think they’re both selfish and Sarah in particular has aforementioned issues that stem from her feeling that she’s permanently hard done by.

As I say, I’d be delighted to be wrong and it goes without saying that I wouldn’t wish any harm on any of them.

@Lilyofthevalley80 I thought I had quoted your post but it didn’t work
I think - as is common in situations where an adult has current or past mental health difficulties (which we know Sarah has due to her previous diagnosis of anorexia) - the other adults have become far too caught up/codependent on the behaviours/feelings and reactions of the adult with mental health difficulties. Rather than stepping back and focussing on the children and their welfare. As a matter of fact, what Sarah is doing is currently putting the children’s safety at risk. Whether that behaviour is a symptom of mental health issues or not, it is not responsible or healthy behaviour. Nor is her behaviour round the fridge or being attached to her phone to the serious detriment of her children. These are behaviours that all of the adults around her will have observed.

Reactions: 8
I would believe the anxiety pity party if she didn't find time to add the brokenhearted emoji and add the sad music over it before posting it to bleeping Instagram. Tell it to your husband, your family, any real life friends who actually have bothered to sick around and put up with this crap.

She is a grown arse adult. Hate it so much do something about it. Move to Aberdeen if it means so much to her. No one is holding a gun to her head and forcing her to stay down south. How does she think being in the Middle East instead of Fareham is going to make her any less homesick?

Reactions: 11
I’m going to sound really harsh here, apologies, but Sarah, if you read here, just bleeping move already you attention seeking, emotionally immature, selfish excuse for a mother. Just hurry up and move back to Aberdeen before your behaviour is even more detrimental to your children.

Please make the move sooner rather than later, before Isla goes to secondary school, they’re at an age where, yes, they will miss their friends but they will adapt, the later and later you leave it, it’s your children that will start to have serious mental health issues because YOU ARE THE ONE CAUSING THE DISTRESS!

Rob will just need to travel back and forth to work and being the subservient husband that he is, I’m sure he will do that no problem at all to please spoilt princess Sarah. I don’t for one second think she doesn’t need to get help, she clearly does and she needs it asap but I also agree with @LennyBriscoe and think she is highly manipulative and this nonsense with “down south” and “home” is not going to get any better until she gets her own way. I can’t believe I am watching a grown woman act like a baby because she needs to adult, it’s bloody ridiculous, she‘s bloody ridiculous!

Reactions: 13
What on earth is she playing at? Even if her phone is mounted on a dash holder shes still obviously looking at it/pressing buttons/loading up on Instagtam - why is she so obsessed and addicted to posting this kind of boring inconsequential rubbish to social media? Shes lost it.
It’s illegal. Other people have been prosecuted for it. That footage should be sent to the police and maybe then they’ll be a welfare check and she’ll finally admit to the fact she needs help.

For someone who clearly battled with anorexia, to say you’re gagging as you’re anxious is bleeping stupid. It shows her ED is still clearly VERY present.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.