This Country

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Apparently Kurtan's nan (with the pixellated face) is a A list actor who flew in specially to do it. They are not saying who it was but have given some clues eg not from England, has a very creative partner, they had never met this person before :unsure:
I saw this but I don’t think they will ever reveal who it was unless someone leaks it. They were both on a podcast I listened to where they said they wouldn’t reveal who it was and no one would ever guess. 😂 so who knows

Major major props to Paul Chahidi who plays the Vicar he is absolutely spot on casting and the three of them together are such a joy to watch.

Reactions: 6
I love this show so much, I’ll be sorry when it ends.
The latest episode when Mandy randomly starts reciting Hairy Maclary in her garden had me laughing for about 10 minutes. ‘I think my fight or flights kicked in’ 🤣🤣🤣
I really hope they reveal who Kurtan’s nan was. A lot of people were guessing Tilda Swinton but I think one of the writers said they hadn’t seen her name mentioned yet. And it was Mackenzie Crook who played Ray in the Millennium video.

• Haha
Reactions: 8
I just can't think who it might be - very creative partner??? Like an artist? Not sure you'd describe another actor as 'very creative' particularly?

Reactions: 1
I just can't think who it might be - very creative partner??? Like an artist? Not sure you'd describe another actor as 'very creative' particularly?
The guesses on Twitter have ranged from Jane Horrocks to Kristin Wiig (I’m guessing because she’s worked with Paul Feig who is directing the American remake) to Meryl Streep! I really have no idea. They’ve said that they’re not English, have a creative partner and they’ve never met them before. I hope they show her face in the final but I doubt it.

Could be Gillian Anderson? Her partner is a scriptwriter for The Crown and she’s not English (I don’t think although her English accent is superb).

Yes! Or I also thought the suggestion of Frances McDormand - married to a Cohen brother - was quite good.

Though to add to the confusion I saw that Paul Cooper 'Martin Mucklowe' had 'liked' someone's suggestion that the person was possibly younger and a musician - red herring possibly?

Oh I just love the affection the vicar has for Kerry and Kurtan and the way they clearly see him as a father figure it’s so so heartwarming. This weeks episode was hilarious.

Reactions: 5
2146!
Kerry and Kurtan have taken my mind off everything that’s going on in the world at the minute, even if it was just for 30 mins.

Reactions: 10
Really really wanna do a trip to Cirencester and see all the little spots where they film 😂

I have JUST found this programme and honestly we love it, we laugh so much at every single episode so far. I really liked Stath let’s flat, and it’s kind of the same humour. Brilliant

Reactions: 5
I have JUST found this programme and honestly we love it, we laugh so much at every single episode so far. I really liked Stath let’s flat, and it’s kind of the same humour. Brilliant
Gosh I absolutely adore stath let’s flats!

• Heart
Yeah I love a ‘mockumentary ’, it can produce such brilliantly awkward dry humour. Amazing comedy pauses. It’s also really good for pushing the plot along without feeling like clunky exposition- because it makes sense they are explaining this new character or situation.
(did spinal tap create the genre ? )

This country may be the best example of a mockumentary I’ve ever seen though. I love how they’ve started interacting with the ‘film crew’ now.

Reactions: 4
Yeah I love a ‘mockumentary ’, it can produce such brilliantly awkward dry humour. Amazing comedy pauses. It’s also really good for pushing the plot along without feeling like clunky exposition- because it makes sense they are explaining this new character or situation.
(did spinal tap create the genre ? )

This country may be the best example of a mockumentary I’ve ever seen though. I love how they’ve started interacting with the ‘film crew’ now.
kerrys little facial expressions to the crew absolutely kill me every time

Poor Charlie seems to have the virus

Really😳. They don't know what they're missing. It cracks me up, I don't know how they manage to keep their faces straight 😂😂😂
yeah! Honestly most of the comedy stuff I watch no one I know does! Missing out big time agree

I'm so sad there's only one left. I think I read somewhere though that they want to make a film, which would be amazing!

Reactions: 2
kerrys little facial expressions to the crew absolutely kill me every time
Also her face when the man was explaining his satnav cracked me up! Following from the episode where they stole the vicars car... I don’t know why but I couldn’t stop laughing!

Reactions: 2
So next week is the last one? :cry:
Hope the vicar doesn't go to Bristol - he needs to stay.
I think my favourite of this series has been the book club one - just hilarious. And we still don't know who Kurtan's nan was!

• Haha