Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Greygardener

Chatty Member
So glad this show is unanimously loved on here. The book club episode is definitely one of my favourites, Mandy keeping on telling Kayleigh shes wrong, her making Kerry explain the goosebumps plot then saying she might have read it if she hadn't ruined it 😂

My ultimate favourite though, her story reading of the murderer in the cupboard"was anyone else surprised the murderer was just a suit jacket because I was and I wrote it" I was absolutely howling

• Haha
Reactions: 15

Droosie123

VIP Member
Big Mandy is my absolute favourite....and it’s what my bloody family are calling me these days. Feckers.

• Haha
Reactions: 13

hrh89

VIP Member
Been rewatching this on iPlayer recently and honestly I’ve probably watched it about ten times already but it’s just absolutely insanely good. It’s hilarious but it has such a big heart. Daisy is my hero and I cannot believe Charlie Cooper never acted before this he is incredible!

I keep waking up with “Mr Perkins is a prick” in my head everyday 😂

Cannot wait for series 3

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Absolutely LOVE this series. Watched it so many times. I follow Daisy/Kerry on Instagram and she did a post asking people to name something they’re good at. I replied “poached eggs” and she messaged to ask what method I use! 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 10

varyingborders

VIP Member
2146!
Kerry and Kurtan have taken my mind off everything that’s going on in the world at the minute, even if it was just for 30 mins.

Reactions: 10

Noseybonk

VIP Member
I love love love This County, but there is one slight issue. Kurtan kept saying the word baffling and now I can’t stop saying it 🙀. It was never in my vocabulary but now I can’t stop. Baffling! 🤣🤣🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 9

MorrisseysCat

One of my fave scenes off my head is when kurtan gets into the college and plays that song in the vicars office. I love the vicar.
“it’s gonna drop!”

The writing is really brave with those awkward bits that go on slightly too long but mean the pay off at the end is all the funnier. That scene is a case in point- Kurtan bobbing his head and waiting for it to “drop” while the Vicar looks on, it’s excruciating- and another great use of this technique is when Kerry goes round to offer Sluggs the PlayStation he doesn’t want and his girlfriend makes her wait at the closed door for what feels like 100 years with nothing happening and Kerry keeps kind of glancing at the camera and nervously smiling.

• Haha
Reactions: 9

Horatio

VIP Member
I love it too. Just watched the latest episode on catch up. Cracks me up😂😂😂😂

The bloke that plays Kerry's Dad is actually her real father and the guy who plays Len his her real uncle. Kerry also does the voiceover for her Mum, that's why we never see her.
Oh really? I knew she was the mum (once you know you can really hear it in the voice) but didn’t know the others - so it’s kurtan uncle and dad too? Kerry’s relationship with her dad is so tragic and hilarious. I rewatched the “peeping” episode the other day. The pretending to be pilots thing is so funny but sweet too.

I love that they chose not to be siblings in the show. It’s given them the best of both worlds - they have the natural chemistry between them from being siblings in real life but being cousins in the show makes their connection seem quite sweet. cousins can choose to be friends and spend time together, siblings just grow up that way, so I like that it shows they are quite fond of each other. Hope that ramble made some sense !

Reactions: 8

hrh89

VIP Member
Big Mandy is my absolute favourite....and it’s what my bloody family are calling me these days. Feckers.
She is amazing. The scene where k&k are saying they’re sorry her brother died and she’s like “why are you sorry??” I love that nothing she says is ever what you expect. had me absolutely dying 😂 you just cannot read her at all

FrannyGallops

VIP Member
I love this show so much, I’ll be sorry when it ends.
The latest episode when Mandy randomly starts reciting Hairy Maclary in her garden had me laughing for about 10 minutes. ‘I think my fight or flights kicked in’ 🤣🤣🤣
I really hope they reveal who Kurtan’s nan was. A lot of people were guessing Tilda Swinton but I think one of the writers said they hadn’t seen her name mentioned yet. And it was Mackenzie Crook who played Ray in the Millennium video.

• Haha

Horatio

VIP Member
Mandy is one of the best characters for sure. Her venture with the meerkat toys in the previous series was too much. So fucking funny. A mark of how good the show is is that they use that joke of Kerry muttering about her under her breath and Mandy hearing and still make it funny each time. Not only is it repeated it’s a classic and even over used joke that’s far from original and can be tedious to see again and again in a lesser show... but somehow there’s always enough of their own twist that’s its still funny every time.

One of my favourite episodes was the one with kurtan driving. Him, Kerry and the vicar just bouncing off each other for most of the episode. When the vicar piurs his heart our about how cruel his dad was and how he’d make fun of him and they completely miss the point: “bit of a joker was he, your dad?” 😂
I also loved the dynamic when Kerry worked at the tip. Wish that had lasted a bit longer actually. (That reminds me, the pyramid selling episode in the first series is also a total gem).

Reactions: 7

Greygardener

Chatty Member
Mandy is one of the best characters for sure. Her venture with the meerkat toys in the previous series was too much. So fucking funny. A mark of how good the show is is that they use that joke of Kerry muttering about her under her breath and Mandy hearing and still make it funny each time. Not only is it repeated it’s a classic and even over used joke that’s far from original and can be tedious to see again and again in a lesser show... but somehow there’s always enough of their own twist that’s its still funny every time.

One of my favourite episodes was the one with kurtan driving. Him, Kerry and the vicar just bouncing off each other for most of the episode. When the vicar piurs his heart our about how cruel his dad was and how he’d make fun of him and they completely miss the point: “bit of a joker was he, your dad?” 😂
I also loved the dynamic when Kerry worked at the tip. Wish that had lasted a bit longer actually. (That reminds me, the pyramid selling episode in the first series is also a total gem).
"Plenty of room, plenty of room, plenty of room, STOOOPPPPP!" 😂😂 and when they're freaking out about the car being the wrong way and the vicar doesnt even notice, just hilarious. Gutted its overnow but I'm so glad they were able to maintain the quality

• Haha
Reactions: 7

Horatio

VIP Member
It’s genius. One of the funniest laugh out loud comedies I’ve ever seen. I have a huge soft spot for the West Country and feel though mocking it , the show is also weirdly affectionate of that part of the world too.

Reactions: 6

hrh89

VIP Member
Heinz Heinz wherever you may be I am the lord of the Heinz said she

😂😂 Kerry is my hero

• Haha

Horatio

VIP Member
Ooh thanks - I will save that for an after dinner watch with a 🍷 . I've been thinking of my favourite episodes and it is so hard, as each episode has so many classic moments. Mandy's horrible book of tattooes and Kerry desperately trying to get out of getting one, Kurtan's quest for Robert Robinson, book club, the Fox twins.
Genius.
Ah if you like rob Robinson you will for sure get a kick out of this ...

Mandy is I think my favourite character. Her Olaf the meerkat and co collection ....😂

• Haha
  • Heart

hrh89

VIP Member

“hi guys bit different, some of you have been asking what makeup routine I have”

😂😂
😂😂

• Haha
  • Heart