This Country

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
My favourite program!!!! So sad it's the last series though x
Me too. I discovered it after series 2 was out and binged watched 2 series in 2 days. I feel like I haven’t had long enough since discovering it to it being the last series 😭. Does anyone follow Charlie and Daisy on instagram? They put some funny stuff up!

Reactions: 1
Me too. I discovered it after series 2 was out and binged watched 2 series in 2 days. I feel like I haven’t had long enough since discovering it to it being the last series 😭. Does anyone follow Charlie and Daisy on instagram? They put some funny stuff up!
I do! I love daisys posts of her daughter “buckbeack” 😂 and the stuff about ghost hunting 😂 she is one of my favourite people I love how normal she is

Reactions: 3
It’s an absolutely genius show, truely laugh out loud funny. 3 series is probably not a bad call either, so many comedies keep going way longer than they should to the point of absurdity - the fact there’s a whole expression for it .... you have to be brave and go out on a high. How much more can Kerry and kurtan realistically [not] do?? I did see a headline that said the death of the guy who played sluggs was part of the decision too.

One of my fave scenes off my head is when kurtan gets into the college and plays that song in the vicars office. I love the vicar.

One of my fave scenes off my head is when kurtan gets into the college and plays that song in the vicars office. I love the vicar.
“it’s gonna drop!”

The writing is really brave with those awkward bits that go on slightly too long but mean the pay off at the end is all the funnier. That scene is a case in point- Kurtan bobbing his head and waiting for it to “drop” while the Vicar looks on, it’s excruciating- and another great use of this technique is when Kerry goes round to offer Sluggs the PlayStation he doesn’t want and his girlfriend makes her wait at the closed door for what feels like 100 years with nothing happening and Kerry keeps kind of glancing at the camera and nervously smiling.

• Haha
Reactions: 9
You guys are watching the new series right? Last weeks ep with judiths garden, Kerry’s list of bits from the shop, the driving!! bleeping amazing absolutely howling throughout 😂.

I BEG YOUR PARDON

although this is the final series, I was listening to the WTAF podcast with Charlie and daisy as guests and they basically said they hope to do a film at some point !!

Reactions: 5
You guys are watching the new series right? Last weeks ep with judiths garden, Kerry’s list of bits from the shop, the driving!! bleeping amazing absolutely howling throughout 😂.

I BEG YOUR PARDON

although this is the final series, I was listening to the WTAF podcast with Charlie and daisy as guests and they basically said they hope to do a film at some point !!
YES
Last week’s was one of the best. I love that you brought up the “I beg your pardon” part too, me and my mate have been quoting that constantly. There was also something so funny about Kerry’s response “I already heard about it but I didn’t say anything because I knew you'd react like this.” I guess because his reaction seemed so off the hook.
I love the dynamic the vicar has with the two of them, having so much of that was one of the things that made the episode so good.
Always keen for a Mandy cameo l too, “it’s a brick in a pillowcase.” Of course it is. 😂

That said ep1 was great too. I loved Kerry working at the dump ! 😂 And kurtan’s manic energy when she got home reminded me so much of when my boyfriend wasn’t working - that’s exactly what I’d come home to, and my reaction.

Is there a new one out tonight? The quality of this show is so consistently high, it’s a shame this has to be the last series but also looks likely that they will never do a bad episode.

Reactions: 4

I BEG YOUR PARDON

Re Kerry's list from the shop - I listened to the Cooper's being interviewed on Radio 5 Live last year and they talked about the shop in the village where they filmed and Daisy said her favourite thing from it was the beef baguette - so it made me laugh to hear it mentioned.

I loved it last night when Kurtan made the vicar apologise to women viewers for being sexist.
The quality just does not waiver.

Reactions: 2
I love it too. Just watched the latest episode on catch up. Cracks me up😂😂😂😂

The bloke that plays Kerry's Dad is actually her real father and the guy who plays Len his her real uncle. Kerry also does the voiceover for her Mum, that's why we never see her.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1
I love it too. Just watched the latest episode on catch up. Cracks me up😂😂😂😂

The bloke that plays Kerry's Dad is actually her real father and the guy who plays Len his her real uncle. Kerry also does the voiceover for her Mum, that's why we never see her.
Oh really? I knew she was the mum (once you know you can really hear it in the voice) but didn’t know the others - so it’s kurtan uncle and dad too? Kerry’s relationship with her dad is so tragic and hilarious. I rewatched the “peeping” episode the other day. The pretending to be pilots thing is so funny but sweet too.

I love that they chose not to be siblings in the show. It’s given them the best of both worlds - they have the natural chemistry between them from being siblings in real life but being cousins in the show makes their connection seem quite sweet. cousins can choose to be friends and spend time together, siblings just grow up that way, so I like that it shows they are quite fond of each other. Hope that ramble made some sense !

Reactions: 8
I’ve only recently just started watching This Country but oh my god I bloody love it !!
Recently watched the episode where Kerry injures herself really really badly (😂) during football training and they’re helping her up off the floor “oh oh vicar.. your fingers are going up me hole mate” 😭😭 and Mandy’s description of when she saw the Fox Twins and exactly one week later she saw an alien ! 😭😭

• Sad
I’ve only recently just started watching This Country but oh my god I bloody love it !!
Recently watched the episode where Kerry injures herself really really badly (😂) during football training and they’re helping her up off the floor “oh oh vicar.. your fingers are going up me hole mate” 😭😭 and Mandy’s description of when she saw the Fox Twins and exactly one week later she saw an alien ! 😭😭
the constant ringing round telling everyone she’d “smashed my leg to duck😂 pass it on

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Omg book club last night. Hilarious. Mandy's stories. One of the best episodes.

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Apparently Kurtan's nan (with the pixellated face) is a A list actor who flew in specially to do it. They are not saying who it was but have given some clues eg not from England, has a very creative partner, they had never met this person before :unsure:

Reactions: 2