Things you've always wanted but never had?

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
As a kid, a Chopper bike, as an adult an Aga range .
Neither was forthcoming, parents too tight to buy the bike, then never lived in a property that was suitable for the Aga.
Such is life.

As a kid, a Chopper bike, as an adult an Aga range .
Neither was forthcoming, parents too tight to buy the bike, then never lived in a property that was suitable for the Aga.
Such is life.
Where I live Agas are/were really popular. People are pulling them out and giving them away for free because no one is buying them. Free to collect because they’re so heavy to transport too. I can only assume it’s the cost of running them, being constantly on. The one my ex paid £2k for 15 years ago, had refinished in a lovely sage green, he couldn’t sell for £300 🤷🏼‍♀️

• Wow
Reactions: 3
I always felt a bit left out that I'd never been a bridesmaid. It's never going to happen. Although I have been a witness for a couple who eloped at Gretna Green .

I don't have a middle name . I spent my school days pretending it was Louise, which people seemed to believe.

Reactions: 7
I always felt a bit left out that I'd never been a bridesmaid. It's never going to happen. Although I have been a witness for a couple who eloped at Gretna Green .

I don't have a middle name . I spent my school days pretending it was Louise, which people seemed to believe.
I’ve never been a bridesmaid either, when my older cousin got engaged I thought my dream was comin true at 12 but she never got married till 10 years later n I wasn’t asked!
My younger cousin has said I’m one for her when the time comes…I’ve always said to her before I’m 40 you need to get married before I’m 40…I’m 40 now lol my friend has also asked me but she’s not getting married for 2/3 years lol

Reactions: 3
Where I live Agas are/were really popular. People are pulling them out and giving them away for free because no one is buying them. Free to collect because they’re so heavy to transport too. I can only assume it’s the cost of running them, being constantly on. The one my ex paid £2k for 15 years ago, had refinished in a lovely sage green, he couldn’t sell for £300 🤷🏼‍♀️
This is a bit of an aside, but I reckon log burners will go the same way. There's talk of bans and restrictions for environmental reasons. Plus the cost of sweeping every year, needing to declare it on your home insurance etc. I'm getting mine taken out and an electric one put in.

Reactions: 1
I was absolutely desperate for one of those skip hopper (?) thingies, a hoop to put your ankle through and you swing it round your feet and jump over it. The really jazzy ones had a counter on them too.

My mum refused to get me one cos I had no coordination and she said I’d break my ankle. But she eventually caved and I got one for my birthday. Guess what happened? 🤡😅

• Haha
Reactions: 12