Things that you are sick of seeing on social media #9

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Nope, I’m not 👍

It’s a common mistake because, frankly, non-knitters (or newbies) aren’t going to give a shiny shite about the ideological difference between acrylic or animal.
Fair enough. There's quite a few things that's been pointed out to me that I've been using the incorrect/too general word for during the house reno. But I wouldn't call that 'snobby' or nitpicky, I'm happy to be told the appropriate word.

• Heart
Reactions: 1
The same people who do the elf tit and December breakfast, ice skating, pants, every Santa grotto they can find in a 20 mile radius etc on their high horses about people not going ott on gifts for their kids as it’s about the “memories”
Yet ironically still post the “he’s been” with a mountain of presents on Christmas Day.

Reactions: 23
I watched ONE facebook recommended video of a horse’s manky hoof being filed down and cleaned (I was having 5 mins with a cup of tea and scrolling, no judgement, haha!) and weeks since every other facebook recommended video on my feed is horses’ hooves being cleaned, painted, filed etc :LOL: So many different ones, too! Who is out there videoing all this.

Same on Instagram with pimple popping. I watched ONE video out of curiosity and my recommended feed is now full of blackhead videos :LOL: Who is uploading all these videos?!
😂 I did the same but with a cow's manky foot.

• Haha
Reactions: 1
When there has been an accident in the local news with an image and someone comments “you can’t park there mate” 🤦🏻‍♀️ duck off!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 10
Yeah but it’s fundamentally a display of glasses with bog rolls on the table? 🤔
Can’t beat a bit of take a break! Along with the stories of misery from abuse, violence, terminal illness , thrice married grandmothers of 24 who have found love with their toy boy you get money saving gems like this

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Can’t beat a bit of take a break! Along with the stories of misery from abuse, violence, terminal illness , thrice married grandmothers of 24 who have found love with their toy boy you get money saving gems like this
It was That’s Life babes 😂 🍷

• Haha
Reactions: 6
‘Food reviewers’ who go around shops showing us the new foods and they’re touching/holding all the stuff and they’re won’t buying it. There’s still actually a pandemic and it’s flue season for a start and also they’re holding things that say ‘keep flat’ tilted/sideways to get a ‘good’ photo. Ta hun, I always wanted a profiterole stack that had been tilted so all the chocolate is smeared in the box and not on the profiteroles 👍

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Posts about "things from the past younger people wouldn't recognise" or similar. Several smug knobbers jumping in with "common sense", regular as clockwork and more boring.

Reactions: 9
Those entrepreneur podcasts. Half the time it’s just influencers who got lucky shilling crap from ad partners

• Heart
Reactions: 17
People calling people a ‘Karen’ I’m so over that quote now, it’s boring 😂

Reactions: 23
In any discussion of how boring beige/grey interiors and clothes and children's toys etc. are, someone always comes out with "colour is too STIMULATING! I need beige and grey to keep me calm! It's the digital age, we have too much information being thrown at us and too many demands on our time, colour would just overload our brains!" I don't know, India is one of the most tech-connected societies in the world and yet people there can cope perfectly well with colourful surroundings. The same goes for parts of Africa, and many other places. You just have boring tastes

Reactions: 17
I truly hate how cleaning has become a trend on social media people have been cleaning for decades since social media come about it's getting boring now

• Heart
Reactions: 27
In any discussion of how boring beige/grey interiors and clothes and children's toys etc. are, someone always comes out with "colour is too STIMULATING! I need beige and grey to keep me calm! It's the digital age, we have too much information being thrown at us and too many demands on our time, colour would just overload our brains!" I don't know, India is one of the most tech-connected societies in the world and yet people there can cope perfectly well with colourful surroundings. The same goes for parts of Africa, and many other places. You just have boring tastes
this is getting annoying now! I like to wear black clothes but my daughter likes wearing coloured and I really struggle buying her stuff that aren’t grey, beige, cream! Nothing is colour any more and it’s depressing!

Reactions: 10
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.