Things that you are sick of seeing on social media #9

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
What's wrong with yarn though? It's made from different sources: acrylic, cotton, sheep etc so you can't call all these 'wool'.

Back in the day all traditionally used yarns were made from wool and therefore they were referred to as 'wool'. But if you have a ball of acrylic and calling that wool it is incorrect because it's not been anywhere near a sheep.
This is very true.

Reactions: 2
The elves are back along with the North Pole breakfast. Yup you fill your kids up with sugar just before school! On some photos it’s like Christmas Day: pjs, advent calendars, elves, balloons etc. But they don’t do it for social media it’s all for the kids and #makingmemories but yet it’s all over Facebook or insta by 9am 🙈

Reactions: 25
Seeing more and more extravagant advent calendars? Literally with a present each day for the kid 😐

I think I’m just going to mute anyone with kids for the entirety of Christmas season, bored of all this shite :)

• Haha
Reactions: 32
What's wrong with yarn though? It's made from different sources: acrylic, cotton, sheep etc so you can't call all these 'wool'.

Back in the day all traditionally used yarns were made from wool and therefore they were referred to as 'wool'. But if you have a ball of acrylic and calling that wool it is incorrect because it's not been anywhere near a sheep.
I think it’s because, for a layperson, if a product comes in a ball and you’re supposed to knit with it, it’s “wool”. So it sounds nit picky (not to mention a bit snobby) to insist that it’s “yarn”.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Seeing more and more extravagant advent calendars? Literally with a present each day for the kid 😐

I think I’m just going to mute anyone with kids for the entirety of Christmas season, bored of all this shite :)
I’ve already muted a couple. I can’t be doing with the faux anxiety over a bloody soft toy and it’s stupid antics. One persons 10 year old was up at 4am he was so excited. I love that kids are excited, but not that giddy 😁

Reactions: 8
I’ve already muted a couple. I can’t be doing with the faux anxiety over a bloody soft toy and it’s stupid antics. One persons 10 year old was up at 4am he was so excited. I love that kids are excited, but not that giddy 😁
My parents would never have wound us up about Christmas to the extent that we couldn’t get to sleep on 1 DECEMBER- Christmas morning was bad enough!!

• Heart
Reactions: 19
grownups getting really obsessed with advent calendars, and I don't mean the ones that have beauty products or whatever inside, just the ones with chocolate in. You're an adult, just buy a box of heroes or whatever and have one each morning, it just seems like adults are become more and more childlike!

• Heart
Reactions: 18
grownups getting really obsessed with advent calendars, and I don't mean the ones that have beauty products or whatever inside, just the ones with chocolate in. You're an adult, just buy a box of heroes or whatever and have one each morning, it just seems like adults are become more and more childlike!

We don’t have kids but we both love an advent calendar sorry! 😂 no social media announcements though.

I rarely had the chocolate ones as a poor 80s kid so I make up for it now. We are probably quite childlike at times for enjoying small things and fun. I work with kids and am quite silly. My partner likes gaming which some turn their nose at post 16. But we work bloody hard and pay our bills so why not have fun in life with whatever we enjoy.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Everyone on about the elf! And how they couldn't find where they put them last year. Moaning how it will cause such a headache to do this for 24 nights ... Don't buy into the marketing ploy then!!

• Heart
Reactions: 18
We don’t have kids but we both love an advent calendar sorry! 😂 no social media announcements though.

I rarely had the chocolate ones as a poor 80s kid so I make up for it now. We are probably quite childlike at times for enjoying small things and fun. I work with kids and am quite silly. My partner likes gaming which some turn their nose at post 16. But we work bloody hard and pay our bills so why not have fun in life with whatever we enjoy.
as you aren't flaunting it on social media you are forgiven, I can pretend I do now know about it :ROFLMAO:
Someone I know in her 30s has not one but THREE for herself that she will be no doubt posting openings of every day from now :rolleyes:

this is pretty random but has just occurred to me watching random youtube videos. When people review food and say "I don't usually like xyz but this is great", I don't think this is the good advert they think it is, all it screams to me is "it doesn't taste how it should so i like it now"

Last edited:
Reactions: 5
I think it’s because, for a layperson, if a product comes in a ball and you’re supposed to knit with it, it’s “wool”. So it sounds nit picky (not to mention a bit snobby) to insist that it’s “yarn”.

This explains it so well. It's just pedantic to call it 'yarn'.

Reactions: 3
Haven’t been on for a day or so, so I’ll mention one that I see on the 30th November every bleeping year -

“Anyone know where has advent calendars in stock?”

• Haha
Reactions: 13
Haven’t been on for a day or so, so I’ll mention one that I see on the 30th November every bleeping year -

“Anyone know where has advent calendars in stock?”
the reply is "wait until the 20th when they are all on sale, basically free" :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: 2
Are you one of those people who call vulva vagina and refuse to use the word 'vulva' because 'it's all the same bits?' You don't call all vegetables potatoes. I understand it's a common mistake, but it's not snobby or nitpicky to point out the difference.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 7
Are you one of those people who call vulva vagina and refuse to use the word 'vulva' because 'it's all the same bits?' You don't call all vegetables potatoes. I understand it's a common mistake, but it's not snobby or nitpicky to point out the difference.
Nope, I’m not 👍

It’s a common mistake because, frankly, non-knitters (or newbies) aren’t going to give a shiny shite about the ideological difference between acrylic or animal.

Nope, I’m not 👍

It’s a common mistake because, frankly, non-knitters (or newbies) aren’t going to give a shiny shite about the ideological difference between acrylic or animal.
I agree, I think comparing basic human biology of any kind, which we all have, to a hobby that a lot of us don't, doesn;t really make sense

Please tell me I’m not alone in being scared of those elves? Went on Facebook to do the obligatory happy birthday wishes and bam they’re everywhere. People must be making an absolute fortune I’ve seen personalised balloons from the elf, balloon garlands, elf breakfasts the whole shebang.

Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.