Things that you are sick of seeing on social media #9

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Not sure which group you mean. I saw one on FB reels and it looked horrendous. Huns were telling the creator (who works for the NHS doncha knew ) how gawjus and original it was. She said she just liked the top hat so put it on the top. Felt like saying she’s not the only basic witch on Insta, they are like bumholes, every arse has got one. Then I remembered my manners and just scrolled past 😂
It’s called the Home Bargains Appreciation society 🤣🤣. Honestly it’s like a cult, it must be some sort of initiation to put candy canes and sweeties on your Christmas tree.

• Haha
Reactions: 6
I watched ONE facebook recommended video of a horse’s manky hoof being filed down and cleaned (I was having 5 mins with a cup of tea and scrolling, no judgement, haha!) and weeks since every other facebook recommended video on my feed is horses’ hooves being cleaned, painted, filed etc :LOL: So many different ones, too! Who is out there videoing all this.

Same on Instagram with pimple popping. I watched ONE video out of curiosity and my recommended feed is now full of blackhead videos :LOL: Who is uploading all these videos?!
argh - I once watched some random reel of a disgusting pie thing being cut open and a load of boiled eggs pouring out - from the Philippines or somewhere like that. For ages, I kept getting videos of them - just vile.

• Wow
Reactions: 2
This !
Those horrendous Xmas trees that just have random Home Bargains crap shoved in at odd angles, and a top hat instead of a star/angel
duck off !!
A friend of mine does a rubbish Harry Potter-themed tree with a wizard hat on top, which looks like the tree has an executioner's hood on.

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Mental health people on TikTok glamourising psych wards as if they're hotels. Calling them 'grippy sock vacations'.

• Wow
Reactions: 14
It’s called the Home Bargains Appreciation society 🤣🤣. Honestly it’s like a cult, it must be some sort of initiation to put candy canes and sweeties on your Christmas tree.
Im in that group its hysterical, but nowhere near as funny as the Fabulosa appreciation group, people spending hundreds of pounds on cleaning products,to show off their huge collections. The jealous/bitchy comments on the posts are hysterical

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 11
Im in that group its hysterical, but nowhere near as funny as the Fabulosa appreciation group, people spending hundreds of pounds on cleaning products,to show off their huge collections. The jealous/bitchy comments on the posts are hysterical
Omg pls post some of this content loool, I don’t want to have to join these groups but love Facebook beef 😂

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 10
Tenuous link, sod off with the ADHD stuff to give yourself a USP (public account)
Ummm, I have ADD, and admittedly am terrible with money, but it has nothing to do with my bank or the systems I use 😂 It's all me. This is a stretch.

• Heart
When did add become so widespread? I remember it seems loads people jn the US have been prescribed add medication for years but i remember about 2 people growing up who had it (and jt was very obvious when they weren't taking medication) now it seems like it is every second person

Reactions: 8
When did add become so widespread? I remember it seems loads people jn the US have been prescribed add medication for years but i remember about 2 people growing up who had it (and jt was very obvious when they weren't taking medication) now it seems like it is every second person
Is it because people like to self-diagnose and think that because they are always distracted by their phone/shiny things or whatever that they must be ADD?

Reactions: 17
Is it because people like to self-diagnose and think that because they are always distracted by their phone/shiny things or whatever that they must be ADD?
And also it’s the ‘cool’ condition to have. I’d have more respect for someone speaking out about say autism.
And it’s always the fun, cute side like being distracted by music etc that’s represented, never the huge issues at work and the lifelong loneliness and isolation that often come with neurodiversity (know everyone is different). I’d like to see that spoken about- oh wait, maybe they haven’t experienced that their whole life as they don’t really have it :)

• Heart
Reactions: 21
And also it’s the ‘cool’ condition to have. I’d have more respect for someone speaking out about say autism.
And it’s always the fun, cute side like being distracted by music etc that’s represented, never the huge issues at work and the lifelong loneliness and isolation that often come with neurodiversity (know everyone is different). I’d like to see that spoken about- oh wait, maybe they haven’t experienced that their whole life as they don’t really have it :)
Totally agree. I’ve also just watched an insta video where she said you’re bisexual if you’re ‘hungry’. I’m always hungry and I’m not bisexual. All this self diagnosis is dangerous. Watched a good documentary a while ago about mental illnesses being ‘catching’ through social media. Was frightening actually. Always showed how Tourette’s and tics are increasing because of tik tok

Reactions: 9
Totally agree. I’ve also just watched an insta video where she said you’re bisexual if you’re ‘hungry’. I’m always hungry and I’m not bisexual. All this self diagnosis is dangerous. Watched a good documentary a while ago about mental illnesses being ‘catching’ through social media. Was frightening actually. Always showed how Tourette’s and tics are increasing because of tik tok
Yes the influence of tiktok has been absolutely awful in so many ways imo, the mental health effects are so much worse than any other social media imo

• Heart
Reactions: 7
When people declare that it's officially Christmas because the Coca Cola advert is on :sleep:

• Heart
Reactions: 14
Omg pls post some of this content loool, I don’t want to have to join these groups but love Facebook beef 😂
Theres a minority who you know dont have much going on in their personal lives,hence being so territorial over bragging rights about having the biggest collection

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Theres a minority who you know dont have much going on in their personal lives,hence being so territorial over bragging rights about having the biggest collection
I mean, that’s what I don’t get about these groups. I’m constantly on tattle when doing something else like cooking haha but it’s so much effort to post and curate pics of something to show off? You must actually have to plan out like 10 mins haha

• Heart
I mean, that’s what I don’t get about these groups. I’m constantly on tattle when doing something else like cooking haha but it’s so much effort to post and curate pics of something to show off? You must actually have to plan out like 10 mins haha
I tend to use the products I buy,some of these people dedicate a whole room to their collections lol

• Wow
Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.