Things that you are sick of seeing on social media #9

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I tend to use the products I buy,some of these people dedicate a whole room to their collections lol

People do that with craft supplies too!

They'll post endless photos of reels of floss or all the balls of wool they have, but never seem to bloody make anything with any of it! I hate when they call wool 'yarn' too. Absolute pet peeve!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 6
Probably revealing that all my friends are labour voters here, but people pretending to be working class. I find often the people that point the finger at others are from middle class backgrounds themselves, have clocked that it’s “cringe” and want to demonstrate they’re not lame. As if class equality is gonna be achieved by a circle of rich people calling each other rich and pretending they had nothing

I’ve heard people who have grown up going to private school and whose families have land mock others for being middle class. It really annoys me, like one of them even said “it was inheritance money that sent me to private school” 🤦‍♀️ it’s bizarre seeing people who went to a £20K a year private school snipe at people who shop at Waitrose.

• Heart
Reactions: 16

They'll post endless photos of reels of floss or all the balls of wool they have, but never seem to bloody make anything with any of it! I hate when they call wool 'yarn' too. Absolute pet peeve!
People do this with certain brands of kids toys too, I find it bizarre.

Reactions: 4
When people declare that it's officially Christmas because the Coca Cola advert is on :sleep:
It’s just a bleeping lorry 🥱

I craft but I actually use my stuff (though my partner might disagree). I don’t post photos of my supplies all over social media though because that’s uncouth

• Haha
Reactions: 9
People moaning about the "hole elf". Here's a thought... If you hate doing it so much, don't do it 🤦🏻‍♀️

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 30
Ffs Spotify top songs posts are back again! 😩

NO ONE CARES
So f annoying. But at least now I know who, of the people I follow on social media, has an incredibly shite music taste, so I guess that's one positive out of it ? Need to remember to never go to any of their parties

• Haha
Reactions: 13
Elf posts incoming from tonight.
I’m still not ready for all the ‘hilarious’ pictures and reels which are never funny nor interesting.

By 10 December you also get loads of the ‘OMG I have forgotten to do the elf. Any quick and easy elf ideas?’ because the novelty has worn off. 🙄

• Haha
Reactions: 17
I’m still not ready for all the ‘hilarious’ pictures and reels which are never funny nor interesting.

By 10 December you also get loads of the ‘OMG I have forgotten to do the elf. Any quick and easy elf ideas?’ because the novelty has worn off. 🙄
Oh it'll be forgot the bastard elf...pretending to be stressed about it for some reason, its so weird.

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Totally agree. I’ve also just watched an insta video where she said you’re bisexual if you’re ‘hungry’. I’m always hungry and I’m not bisexual. All this self diagnosis is dangerous. Watched a good documentary a while ago about mental illnesses being ‘catching’ through social media. Was frightening actually. Always showed how Tourette’s and tics are increasing because of tik tok
What was the documentary called?

Reactions: 1
What is special about this elf? Sorry I have no idea how to google it - searching “elf Christmas” “elf model” “annoying elf” unsurprisingly pulled up 0 results

Reactions: 5
When people declare that it's officially Christmas because the Coca Cola advert is on :sleep:
Which is bollocks, when you hear SLADE, it's xmas!! (not that I give a duck about xmas)

BTW, I've actually seen the lorry!!

Reactions: 1
What was the documentary called?
I watched one called:

“Britain’s Tourette’s Mystery: Scarlett Moffatt Investigates
10pm, Channel 4

TikTok has seen a rise in videos showing tic attacks and Tourette’s symptoms among young people over recent years – but is the pandemic, and the amount of time spent indoors on social media in lockdown, really to blame? Some experts suggest so, while those living with the tics say that sharing their stories has helped them. Scarlett Moffatt, who experienced tic episodes in her teens, deploys her affability and curiosity to do a sound job of investigating both sides of the argument.”

Reactions: 4
I wonder if I’d get a FB ban if I did alternative elf on the shelf? 🤔

D4CF3181-8082-44A7-B935-6DB62F0BC6DC.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: 15
when people post a tiktok in the plainest outfit ever (eg black hoodie and black leggings) and the comments are filled with people asking where they got it from over and over again and get mad at the person who made the post not replying to every single comment. JUST SEARCH UP BLACK LEGGINGS AND YOULL FIND IT!

• Haha
Reactions: 10
I hate when they call wool 'yarn' too. Absolute pet peeve!
What's wrong with yarn though? It's made from different sources: acrylic, cotton, sheep etc so you can't call all these 'wool'.

Back in the day all traditionally used yarns were made from wool and therefore they were referred to as 'wool'. But if you have a ball of acrylic and calling that wool it is incorrect because it's not been anywhere near a sheep.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.