Things that you are sick of seeing on social media #8

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
It's all very much like Ancient Egyptians burying their dead with possessions they'll need in the afterlife.

• Haha
Reactions: 8
So fed up with the "could OF" misspelling by so many all of a sudden.
Oh I am with you on that one. It is unbelievable how many people use could of, should of, would of, must of. It drives mr mad 😠. I want to correct them in red capitals and shout IT'S HAVE 😂

• Heart
Reactions: 23
Twice today I've seen "welcome to my Ted talk" at the end of someone's spiel....just no! First one wasn't even anything worthy of it and the second was full of "life's too short, dye your hair pink, wear the bikini" nonsense which is just annoying anyway but even more annoying is that usually I really like what she posts and she's never normally a spouter of crap so I'm disappointed (I'm sure she won't care that I'm disappointed however 🤣).

Also, photo dumps. Apart from the word dump making me think of 💩, putting photos up is pretty much what Instagram was set up for (ignoring the recent move towards reels and such nonsense!) so you don't need to call it a "dump", it's just your recent holiday snaps or the meal out you had with pals etc. It's what we're here to see.

Reactions: 14
Oh I am with you on that one. It is unbelievable how many people use could of, should of, would of, must of. It drives mr mad 😠. I want to correct them in red capitals and shout IT'S HAVE 😂
I want them to think just for a minute - 'I of a pen in my hand.' 'I of a new coat.'
Oh wait 😁 !

• Haha
Reactions: 9
People throwing their toys out of the pram because all McDonald's will not be opening on Monday. Even if everything is shut it's just one bloody day.
Can you imagine anyone in a country where food is scarce reading about these meltdowns.
Get a bloody grip

• Haha
Reactions: 11
I've just seen one of the 'influencers' I follow on IG has been burgled,partner's tools stolen and valuables taken. She has bought a new house and been vlogging and posting about the house, the problem is when you post everything about your life and home online, it makes it easy for anyone looking to do wrong. Also whilst most influences focus on decor new furniture they forget about securing their homes with decent security or a sturdy front /back door. There doesn't seem to be much common sense amongst those working in social media

• Wow
Reactions: 12
Tired of seeing comments by frustrated people that can't stick to a similar routine just like their fave youtuber does.

People feeling that they are failing because they are not fit enough.
People feeling guilty of not eating healthy enough.
People is feeling guilty of not having enough energy to wake up at 4:00 am in the morning to do a "relax time"

I mean, if you can do all of this while working a 9-5 + kids... I admire you. And you are the real MVP.

Dear real person:

Your fave youtuber does not have to wake up early and go to work. She/he clearly does not have to bear nasty attitudes from angry clients almost every single day nor standing for 8hrs straight. Your fave youtuber have plenty of time to plan perfectly crafted/balanced meals and go to the gym and later have some fun with friends around town or to travel more often.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
People constantly wanting a medal/pat on the back for doing everyday things. Just been to the gym! Just cleaned my car!!! Just tidied up!!! Just had my haircut!!! Just made this meal!!! Just been out for a lovely walk!! Just spending time with the kids!!!

Ffs :cautious:

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 28
People who get diagnosed with something and their whole feed is just based on that. So boring.

Reactions: 11
Social media in general irritates the crap out of me, and all the perfomative bullcrap.

Reactions: 19
I prefer Camilla over Diana, Camilla looks like if you loaded her up with a few gins she’d be like the fun drunk auntie.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 28
When they post a pic like this saying “Family is everything 😍😍😍

Uh… is it?

burke-enfield.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: 25
Same woman I posted about a few weeks ago has continued to post about her son starting school. Today he got something stuck up his nose and nearly had to have it surgically removed at the local hospital. Then they told her to go to a slightly bigger hospital in the next town to get it sorted.
Does everyone on her Instagram need to know?!
Besides, the first hospital she took him to doesn't even have an A&E department 🙄

Reactions: 5
When they post a pic like this saying “Family is everything 😍😍😍

Uh… is it?

View attachment 1580747
My favourite is when they post the “family is everything” but you know for a fine fact that the parents don’t like the bf cause he’s cheated multiple times, the sisters fight like cat and dog, the kids are a pain in the ass but it’s all fine cause “family is everything”

I had a friend who would always post about another friends’ family like “you’re the older sister I never had”/“happy birthday to my amazing surrogate mammy, you didn’t give birth to me but I know you love me the same”
And all I can think is, they don’t like you… I know they don’t like you.

• Haha
Reactions: 20
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.