Things that you are sick of seeing on social media #7

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Yes! I mean people have probably had breakfast/morning cup of tea outside on nice days for centuries but now some people think everyone needs to see it every single day.
😆😆 a selfie, clutching a drink, sitting out on the pavement with a cement lorry thundering past on the road 🤣

#livingthedream

• Haha
Reactions: 8
on our local group when parents post asking if there’s any jobs going for a 13 year old and all the bootlickers respond with ‘👏🏻 well done little lad, more should be like you! good to see someone wanting to EARN their money instead of scrounging, start young and you’ll go far mate with that work ethic, fair play to you, I wish you every success, any company would love to have you 👏🏻’ shut the duck up lmao???
Omg this! When it’s a grown lad the tone is SO different tho/off, like snide.

Does anyone else get the young teen girls offering babysitting services in theirs? I know ppl did it back in the day but omg 😱 it always kicks off in the comments between mega tories who love ppl working versus people with brains who suggest maybe a 14 year old girl isn’t capable of caring for a pre verbal child for an evening!

• Haha
Reactions: 10
People who love themselves so much that they post selfies every bloody day. And think that people are so interested in their lives. Someone I distantly know on FB put three albums of their holiday up - around 210 photos and videos - and a large number of them were selfies. Who is going to look at all of those? Who is that bothered by someone else’s holiday? I went away in May and posted 8 photos so my in laws could see the kids. Done.

I honestly hate social media for making so many people think their lives are so fascinating to others. And of course all of the Insta influencer wankers making money from the dull lives they live 🙄
Mr L has a relative that loves pouting and posing for make-up free pics. I always appreciate the spelling of gawjus.

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Mr L has a relative that loves pouting and posing for make-up free pics. I always appreciate the spelling of gawjus.
Gawjus is one of those words that makes me want to stop the world and get off!
The worst culprit I have for it loves to chat about her struggles with weight and anxiety, then posts 1263 selfies 🤷🏼‍♀️ She also overshares details about her kids and step kids - I’ve seen school reports, their bedrooms etc etc. And - and this is what I find most annoying - she never uses anyone’s name. It’s all “My mini me” “Little Legs” “Bug” “My boo” 🙄🤢🙄 And they can’t just be her kids, they have to be “my whole reason for living” and she “didn’t know who I was until you” and blah blah blah. The more crap she posts the more it’s seems that she’s actually massively unhappy with her life and is trying to convince herself more than anyone else that she’s loving it!

• Haha
Reactions: 16
What is most baffling with these points is the fact they're normally posted by parents. They don't practice what they preach!
😀😆😆😆

I heard it as a kid way back when....
Then it was :

When I was a kid we had to walk 12 miles to school / do the laundry by the river/ bake bread at the age of 5/ make our own socks/ got caned daily/ working in the factory at 7 making carpet / etc etc etc 🤣🤣🤣🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Gawjus is one of those words that makes me want to stop the world and get off!
The worst culprit I have for it loves to chat about her struggles with weight and anxiety, then posts 1263 selfies 🤷🏼‍♀️ She also overshares details about her kids and step kids - I’ve seen school reports, their bedrooms etc etc. And - and this is what I find most annoying - she never uses anyone’s name. It’s all “My mini me” “Little Legs” “Bug” “My boo” 🙄🤢🙄 And they can’t just be her kids, they have to be “my whole reason for living” and she “didn’t know who I was until you” and blah blah blah. The more crap she posts the more it’s seems that she’s actually massively unhappy with her life and is trying to convince herself more than anyone else that she’s loving it!
A few people I know constantly post photos with captions of " thanks for choosing/ letting me be your mamma". Yes, that is exactly how it works

• Haha
Reactions: 20
Folk who go on holiday and have someone take a photo of their back while they’re looking at something. It doesn’t come across as candid, just shite

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 21
Folk who go on holiday and have someone take a photo of their back while they’re looking at something. It doesn’t come across as candid, just shite
They always post it again a month later, 'Missing you *holiday destination*'

• Haha
Reactions: 15
A few people I know constantly post photos with captions of " thanks for choosing/ letting me be your mamma". Yes, that is exactly how it works
I’ve posted that one before! “The one that made me a mummy” 🤢🤢🤮🤮

• Sick
Reactions: 7
this is very specific but I hate it when influencers do a video ad where they’re either showing how to make a recipe or trying something and at the end they take a HUGE bite, pout as they chew and do this weird smug nod to show that it tasted amazing. It’s not like you were gonna spit it out is it?!?!

• Haha
Reactions: 21
Asda essential range 😭😭 it’s the smart price range with new packaging just please calm down. Everyone and their nan thinks I wanna see their haul

• Haha
Reactions: 30
Did anyone see that Don’t hold back publicly accuse Gary from the Mitchell mob of being a sex offender ? He showed the wrong person from a article in the paper . It turned out to be false information I hope that Gary goes to the police i am a huge Mitchell mob supporter.

Reactions: 1
Asda essential range 😭😭 it’s the smart price range with new packaging just please calm down. Everyone and their nan thinks I wanna see their haul
I think the yellow is quite cheerful looking. (I think Tattle is my only safe space to admit this lol.)

Who the duck cares about what's in other's people's shopping trollies? Like those eat well for less type shows, they food shame those families something rotten.

Reactions: 16
The jump thing influencers do to change clothes on a video. Oh do duck off.

• Heart
Reactions: 20
Might be very specific to my area but:

“I don’t want anyone to be racist or xenophobic or anything but” then proceeds to whatever story where they make sure to include that the bad guys were not English

Also there’s a weird panic around kids being kidnapped in broad daylight at touristy places going around. Of course, it then transpires that in reality the kids just wondered off and got lost among the crowds

Reactions: 4
A girl I know who goes to extreme lengths not to show her children’s faces on social media (having them turn 180 degrees away from the camera, emojis on faces etc) has hit a new low.

On her latest upload, her toddler’s face has been pixelated in a family photo. Yes - pixelated. Like that of an innocent bystander on some grainy CCTV footage from a 1998 episode of Crimewatch.

Rather than just not uploading the photo, she’s got her kid on Facebook looking like this:

Leonardo.jpg

Weird behaviour.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 34
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.