Things that you are sick of seeing on social media #7

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
This type of post for 3 reasons: 1. Anyone who cares about crypto stuff will know anyway so you’re not giving them an exclusive or anything 2. Most of your followers won’t be big on crypto anyway so don’t have loads to ‘sell’ 3. It’s basically just showing off like look I’m smarter than you/have deep business interests 🛑

Attachments

Reactions: 6
So proud of my 6 month old for graduating from baby sensory club/baby massage group.

Get to duck.
I’m going to slap a gown and mortar board on my newborn and do a “graduation from the womb” photo shoot for my Insta.

• Haha
Reactions: 14
And how we should support them instead of the bigger companies such as Amazon. I use Amazon mostly because their prices and selection of items tends to be better.
I’ll be honest I do feel guilty sometimes over using chains rather than supporting local.
However to use the independent sandwich shop near my work as an example, it really does come down to cost & time.
A baguette will cost £6.50, whereas I can go to Greggs and get an entire meal deal for that and it’s a lot quicker.
The independent sandwich shop takes pre orders but there’s been a couple of times it hasn’t been ready, when you’ve only got a certain amount of time for lunch, time matters.

Reactions: 11
The use of the unconjugated "to be", for example "I be at the beach". Why are all the little white British girls trying to do that now having appropriated it from African-Americans? It makes them sound like farmers or pirates. It is freaking ludicrous!

Reactions: 12
I’ll be honest I do feel guilty sometimes over using chains rather than supporting local.
However to use the independent sandwich shop near my work as an example, it really does come down to cost & time.
A baguette will cost £6.50, whereas I can go to Greggs and get an entire meal deal for that and it’s a lot quicker.
The independent sandwich shop takes pre orders but there’s been a couple of times it hasn’t been ready, when you’ve only got a certain amount of time for lunch, time matters.
Yes, you have to be practical at the end of the day.

Reactions: 5
I'm seeing this a lot lately....
Women who have had their kids removed by social services all over tik tok/ insta/ fb saying there is no reason their children were removed and adopted and they they are being targeted?
I thought forced adoption was very rare and a last resort ....

• Wow
Reactions: 10
Not strictly speaking social media but clickbait headlines and stories ... they keep popping up on the news feed page that my browser automatically opens.. most of the stories are either in other countries or complete UK clickbait and over dramatic scaremongering. I have seen story after story in the last few days about how we are all gonna die of Covid, and or the heat and how everyone is in massive poverty and kids are skipping school to work and stealing food... not much evidence of any of that round here anyway. I read and hear all this stuff about a supposed cost of living crisis and aside from people having the odd moan at checkout re price increases, it seems there's only me that is really worried about finances etc.. Everyone else is STILL driving like crazy though apparently petrol is over 100 quid a tank, out and about at the shops during daytime weekday working hours and spending like mad... massive shopping bags... (even if it's Primark that tit adds up)

Women who have had their kids removed by social services all over tik tok/ insta/ fb saying there is no reason their children were removed and adopted and they they are being targeted?
wow really??? I doubt social services are removing for no good reason.. it's hard enough to get them to do anything when there is.. you only have to look at all the cases in the media such as Victoria Climbie and Baby P...it's more likely theres reasons these women are not wanting to admit to

• Sad
Reactions: 4
I see this alllll the time on tik tok. So shocking. I can’t imagine any scenario where social services would remove any baby or child without good reason - surely a judge has to sign off on the adoption process too. One girl on tik tok was doing all these forced adoption videos and then she put up a new video celebrating that she’s allowed to see her babies twice a year 😳 I would love to know all the ins and outs because so many of them are adamant they’ve done nothing wrong but like how so social services become involved in the first place there must be a reason!

• Heart
Reactions: 7
People with anxiety who cry on instagram stories. Maybe it’s just me, but if I’m having a panic attack or whatever I definitely don’t want to be recording myself

Reactions: 21
People with anxiety who cry on instagram stories. Maybe it’s just me, but if I’m having a panic attack or whatever I definitely don’t want to be recording myself
posting pictures of their antidepressants using hashtags 😳

• Angry
Reactions: 5
People who don’t understand how hashtags work, so do captions like:

#we #went #to #the #park #today

What do you think the hashtag #the is meant to describe, you absolute lobotomy?

• Haha
Reactions: 29
Forced adoption is very rare, and it's quite hard for children to get adopted especially if they are older than toddlers. Social services often have very strict guidelines for who is allowed to adopt (must ideally be from the same ethnic and religious background, must not be over a certain BMI, if adopting a baby or toddler cannot be "too old" i.e. over 40 - even though you could still have your own baby at that age, etc.) And months on end of background checks and so on. They don't bypass all that just to get certain kids adopted so the parents can't have them back

I have friends / family who have been police or worked in child protection and they have told me one of the #1 causes of children being taken into care "for no reason" is mum ignores order from social services not to have her current boyfriend in the house with the kids (either he goes or they go), in which case you were warned, there WAS a reason

The use of the unconjugated "to be", for example "I be at the beach". Why are all the little white British girls trying to do that now having appropriated it from African-Americans? It makes them sound like farmers or pirates. It is freaking ludicrous!
In AAVE "be" refers to something habitual, i.e. "I be at the beach"= "I regularly spend time at the beach." If you must "borrow" it at least use it properly?

Reactions: 3
Parents who seem to think that they are the ONLY ones who love their kids and who are proud of their kids. I mean, most seem to think they’re the only ones who have ever raised kids! I’m a mum and I love my kids and yes I sometimes stick photos of them on FB so old family members can see them. But not every day. Not sports day, the certificates they bring home, their reports, their favourite dinner, them on a swing, them in a paddling pool, them on the sofa, them in my bed, them on the path, them with an ice cream 🙄 When will these people realise that nobody really cares all that much about other people’s kids?!?

• Heart
Reactions: 27
I would have been MORTIFIED if my mum had put my school reports on social media. I am so thankful that it wasn’t around when I was growing up.

I will never disrespect my daughter’s privacy by putting anything about her online.

• Heart
Reactions: 25
Parents who go out almost every other night leaving their kid with every Tom dick and Harry

Reactions: 12
Law of Facebook #487
Nobody except you cares about your kid's school report.

Law of Facebook #488
Just because you've had a busy day/week, doesn't mean you need to tell everyone how much you deserve that "cheeky <insert drink of choice here>"

Last edited:
Reactions: 21
Fed up with the the do-gooders on Facebook who feel the need to remind people on an hourly basis to:

Not walk their dogs in this heat
Put water in a shallow dish for the passing wildlife
Put water out for dogs (who shouldn’t be being walked in this heat)
Pick up any fledgling they might see and immediately take it to a rescue centre

How did we all cope before social media when we…✨had to take responsibility for our own actions✨ and weren’t constantly spoon-fed instructions by the local village busy-body?!

• Haha
Reactions: 22
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.