Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

maytoseptember

VIP Member
20AC4CA9-6FCE-46BC-8D14-1FD46F3AC26D.jpeg

This meme.

It’s been following me around for the past five years, thanks to a school mum acquaintance of mine rolling it out every summer. It’s so shit.

It shames mothers (and let’s be honest here, this shit isn’t directed at fathers) who might find the long summer holidays challenging for all sort of reasons.

Anyway, I hope the smug cow has been having a challenging summer trying to keep all of her children equally happy and entertained.

• Heart
Reactions: 24
People that post screenshots of their text messages to their partner. I really don’t give a shit what cutesy stuff they say to you over text those conversations interest no one except the two people in the relationship. I can guarantee no one thought it was an interesting post 😭

• Haha

shifttea

Responses to things that begin, "As a mum to five boys and two girls, I think...", when that piece of info is moot.
as a mum of 2 beautiful little girls Olivia and Jessica and one little Prince Levi, I think your new carpet looks lovely. I wish I could have a nice carpet like that, but my little Levi would wreck it in days 🙈. oh well. #mumlife 😂😂😂

• Haha

littlepup

VIP Member
Anything that ends ‘rant over’ or ‘thank you for coming to my TED talk’.

Couples who’ve split having clear jibes at each other via ‘inspirational’ or passive aggressive memes.

Reactions: 23

RJF

VIP Member
People posting essays about how proud they are of their 6-year-old’s end-of-year parents evening/school report.

We don’t care!

• Haha

BonBon27

VIP Member
“What shall I get for my kid’s teacher?”

“Any teachers on here? What do you want for an end of year gift?”

“Our school says we don’t have to buy gifts for teachers. What do you think? Shall I still get something?”

“Need ideas for 7 teachers, 12 TAs, 5 breakfast club staff, 4 after school club staff, the 3 ladies in the office, the PE coach, the caretaker, 2 cleaners, the head teacher and the lollipop man. They’ve all helped my precious little diddums this year and I want to treat them all. Something really personal and special that they’ll always treasure. Only looking to spend 17p on each. Thanks”.

Ugh 🤬 Just make a decision, based on your budget and your opinion on getting school staff gifts, and get the fuck on with it. It’s all just attention seeking……people have made decisions for millions of years without asking 82639 people they don’t know on Facebook first, I’m sure if you try really hard Janet you’d be capable of deciding for yourself whether to put into the class collection or whether to buy a pound shop bubble bath 🙄

• Haha
  • Heart

Smell_my_cheese

I really don’t like when someone announces their engagement on social media and someone posts ‘it’s about time!’

I don’t know why, it just feels try-hard. Especially when they tag the partner who proposed!

To follow on from this… when people announce an engagement or pregnancy online and someone will always say “So glad the news is finally out there!” Or “Yay! Congratulations again!” Letting every other friend know that they are a *better* friend for knowing before the public announcement… 🙄

• Haha
People that jump on social media to post moaning rants and start with “to the person who...” like that random person is gonna see your post and come round and apologise 🤣 just shut up

• Haha

BonBon27

VIP Member
Over sharing. I don’t need to know that a woman I worked with a couple of years ago is out today getting a bikini wax. Really don’t need to see a neighbour’s head in a toilet because she can’t drink anymore. And I most definitely don’t need to know that a kid in my daughter’s class is being assessed for ADHD. Like, grown ups sharing their own information is annoying but ultimately their choice, but telling the world about a kid’s medical issues? Nope. And it is not the first thing I’ve learned about that kid that I would consider to be sensitive information. Yes I can block or snooze or scroll by, which I do, but WHY do people think this is appropriate?

• Heart
  • Haha

emerald

VIP Member
People being excited for Christmas/Halloween when it's blazing sunshine outside. 🥴🥴🥴 bore off.

• Haha

Orphan_Black

VIP Member
I hate “need gone”. I mean they wouldn’t be flogging it otherwise 🤣

Also hate posting a photo of some filthy and disgusting thing (a kids slide, some shoes, a stained mattress) with “needs a clean”.

1. No shit it needs a clean

2. Have some self-respect and clean it before you attempt to palm it off on someone else!

When people say it's from a clean/smoke-free/pet-free home, and normally the background of the picture proves at least one of those things wrong.

• Haha

maytoseptember

VIP Member
People who write #posts on Twitter and #hashtag #words, seemingly at #random, because they think it will get their words of #wisdom more #traction. When actually they just look like a #knob

• Haha

viewtube

VIP Member
I'm sick of people doing a good deed and then posting on social media to tell everyone. Surely the whole point of helping someone or giving to charity is to help others, not to seek praise or brag. You can also highlight /advertise charities without divulging what you have done/donated

• Heart

emm

VIP Member
Love the idea of the Queen using “seen” instead of ”saw”, and throwing around apostrophes like confetti.

That poem is utter shite.
I don't get people's surprise at this, she was96 and has clearly been unwell for a time, everyone seems to be acting as if they had no idea it was coming. Apart from that awful poem half the people I seem to be friends with on social media are acting as if they have lost a close relative, it is insane