Things that you are sick of seeing on social media #5

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Would people even bother going out of their way to buy such tit, if it wasn’t for social media? 15-20 quid for a set of kids PJs relevant for one night?
🤣🤣I feel the same about ‘Christmas Eve pjs’ although I guess these could be worn between Christmas and new year .I’ve recently started buying some winter/Christmas style pjs and putting my children in them at the beginning of December ,I also size up with my older kids so they can get two christmases out of them .The birthday pjs I couldn’t be bothered though .I do like to make sure they wear new or newish pjs the day before their birthday just so when I look back on photos their not in their scruffiest pjs .

Reactions: 9
🤣🤣I feel the same about ‘Christmas Eve pjs’ although I guess these could be worn between Christmas and new year .I’ve recently started buying some winter/Christmas style pjs and putting my children in them at the beginning of December ,I also size up with my older kids so they can get two christmases out of them .The birthday pjs I couldn’t be bothered though .I do like to make sure they wear new or newish pjs the day before their birthday just so when I look back on photos their not in their scruffiest pjs .
You have literally described exactly what I do. 😂

Reactions: 2
I was a bit surprised to see that JP is the side hustle of a solicitor I know. I looked her up recently and her timeline is just JP garbage and kids days out. It’s annoying because she was the sweetest person when we worked together. How people get sucked in by these MLMs is crazy.
It's bloody awful. This girl is sweet as well ... They are being mugged off and they think it's a way of making friends too as well as money.

• Heart
Reactions: 2
When someone asks a question and gets a response of "I don't know, but I think it's..." and they're wrong. Why reply if you're not sure?

Reactions: 4
The assumption everyone who has lost a significant amount of weight has had weight loss surgery. Frequently seen in Insta comments etc. You have to be pretty big (ie morbidly obese, or BMI over 35 and health conditions) to get it on the NHS. Privately, you still have to be pretty big and it's expensive. It's also invasive and painful with a risk of complications, and not the only way to lose a lot of weight. People can do it with diet and exercise - fairly quickly, especially if they're very overweight to start with. Or with a VLCD, etc.

Reactions: 4
The ones posting the be positive and happy quotes on a daily basis are always the most depressed and miserable people too! The quotes obviously don’t work 🤷‍♂️

And the spiritual “free from drama” quotes from people who thrive on it.

Reactions: 16
The ones posting the be positive and happy quotes on a daily basis are always the most depressed and miserable people too! The quotes obviously don’t work 🤷‍♂️
The ones who post the badass quotes are normally the meekest and dullest of people irl too!

Reactions: 11
a girl on my Facebook who

1) was pregnant and thought this elevated her to godlike status, started begging for very pricey baby items (pram, cot, steriliser) from an Amazon wish list ‘because she was pregnant and poor’, bear in mind a majority of her FB friends are young, and some are mums themselves w/o the disposable income. Anyone who bought stuff from the list was congratulated and simpered over and anyone who didn’t was given the guilt trip. Felt like telling her she should buy her own stuff, the grabby cow.
2) petitioned across social media because she wasn‘t allowed her mum, auntie and boyfriend with her when she was giving birth at the height of the COVID-19 pandemic in 2020 - sympathised with this initially but it was the way she kept on about how the universe was inconveniencing her, the hospital was being abusive to her personally by not allowing this - no thought to the millions of other mums to be who were in the same position, or the vulnerable kids who might be at risk if you start letting the whole Addams family in - if there was I’d be a bit more understanding
3) Now baby is here and at a year old he’s some sort of genius who can read books and flashcards fully with no help. Aye just crack out the Mein Kampf while you’re at it babe 🙄

She’s one of those people who gets right on my tits (can you tell?) but I can’t unfriend her because it gives me a bit of joy to see what she comes out with next. The baby is gorgeous though, bless him.

i don’t advocate reading the Mein Kampf to babies!

• Haha
Reactions: 15
1. “ happy birthday uncle Frank , 61 today” Frank is NOT on Facebook.

2. “ happy birthday nan in heaven, you would’ve been 142 today” 🤦🏼‍♀️ I mean COME ON!! I get it the first few years but your lovely gran wasn’t making 142

3. “ Anyone know what time Tesco opens “ GOOGLE IT !!

That’s my first 3 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 24
When influencers , z listers etc complain about an article slating them saying "the tabloids are a load of rubbish don't buy them" but as soon as its a positive article saying they look amazing in a bikini or something like that then they share it to their story 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 18
The old ‘did you see this post yesterday? It only got so and so amount of likes’ Instagram story.
So self entitled

• Haha
Reactions: 11
I legit just saw a story on insta saying ‘finding it so hard to make my wfh aesthetically pleasing’!!
Like what the actual duck??
Working from home with paperwork and files and bits and pieces lying around isn’t aesthetically pleasing!!
Not every aspect in life is/has to be aesthetically pleasing!!
bleeping hell!!
What’s wrong with people??
What has Instagram done to the world!!
I literally want to get off the world
Can we go back to 2014 before all this bullshit started
I was skim reading this morning and read that as "I legit just saw a story on insta saying ‘finding it so hard to make my WIFE aesthetically pleasing’!!"

I think I need another brew.

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.