Things that you are sick of seeing on social media #5

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Got a carpet being fitted in my room tomorrow but I'm poorly and want to be hiding away in bed, not supervising people and moving heavy things about.

Got a carpet being fitted in my room tomorrow but I'm poorly and want to be hiding away in bed, not supervising people and moving heavy things about.
This was meant for the First World Problems thread - God knows how I managed to post it in here, sorry! 🤪

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 8
When someone posts a vague question and nearly all the replies are people asking for more information

Reactions: 4
Don’t know if anyone remembers I put a while ago a friend who kept posting ‘2 months til I’m mrs …’ ‘1 day since I became’ ‘2 weeks..’ etc etc. Well she’s separated 🤦‍♀️ Been married less than 5 months

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 46
Don’t know if anyone remembers I put a while ago a friend who kept posting ‘2 months til I’m mrs …’ ‘1 day since I became’ ‘2 weeks..’ etc etc. Well she’s separated 🤦‍♀️ Been married less than 5 months
Is she now doing xx days since we split?!

• Haha
Reactions: 23
200 months until my baby is 10.

birthday Eve Eve

birthday Eve pjs when I wake up I’ll be 10.

• Haha
Reactions: 18
I like a conspiracy theory myself but theres a girl on my fb ( well she’s in her 30’s) she literally shares posts about every conspiracy going .Her faves atm are about ghislaine maxwell (deffo gonna be found dead soon in her opinion ) and the covid vaccine turns you into a cabbage

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Someone on my Insta who isn't insta famous or anything has been doing weekly stories about how to get your food shop bill down, like anyone cares. She's been trying different supermarkets and different meal plans etc and reporting back every week with a pic of her receipt to show what she spent. It's annoying as duck but I'm weirdly invested and awaiting this weeks story for her Aldi shop to know how much it cost.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 33
Those descriptive captions people add to be inclusive to blind/deaf people (know it’s a spectrum). If you’re just the average hun and you don’t know any they’re not going to look at your page so it’s pointless- it’s just an excuse to describe yourself :) The one I attached is a minor celeb but is such a vanity fest- they just want to talk about themselves more :)

Attachments

• Haha
Reactions: 3
Linkedin is cesspool of virtue signalling and corporate bootlicking (basically an office Christmas party but with no booze) but I still have to use it for work and my pet peeve is 'broetry' posts. You know those crappy essays on your feed, usually posted by people in management ('leadership'), a whole simp-ing for corporate culture pointless post that says nothing and everything simultaneously.

Here's the formula they all seem to follow:
Start with a clickbait, one-sentence opener and put an emphasis on emotionally charged anecdotes that paint the subject in an overly flattering light. Be sure that is formatted in short, simple sentences with frequent, probably unnecessary line breaks as this what the algorithm favours. Be sure to end it with a clichéd life lesson or inspirational thought.

I took a stab at writing a fake one for shits and giggles:

A candidate FAILED her interview but I still HIRED her.

Here's why.

She didn't have cookie cutter answers. She took risks and answered my questions with integrity.

HR raised a few eyebrows at her application, but I hired her because I look for PASSIONATE people who I can trust. I have final say.

And today, she became the head of her department.

Some tips for interviewing; don't tell the interviewer what you think they WANT to hear, never dim your passion!

Over the years I have learned that cookie cutter applicants will never be able to replicate the passion and drive that's needed for our business.

Does anyone agree? #leadership #management

:sick::sick::sick::sick::sick:

That's enough corporate simp-ing for one day.

• Haha
Reactions: 18
People on Twitter (don't do Insta, so no idea if it's the same) who are obsessed with people unfollowing them.

Reactions: 4
People on Twitter (don't do Insta, so no idea if it's the same) who are obsessed with people unfollowing them.
I would say it’s as bad if not worse on Insta tbh… peoples days seem to get bad or worse based on how many followers they have. Best is when they have a little tit-fit about it like “duck you unfollowing fucks” - they’re not here to see your rant hun, they’re long gone…

Reactions: 7
Linkedin is cesspool of virtue signalling and corporate bootlicking (basically an office Christmas party but with no booze) but I still have to use it for work and my pet peeve is 'broetry' posts. You know those crappy essays on your feed, usually posted by people in management ('leadership'), a whole simp-ing for corporate culture pointless post that says nothing and everything simultaneously.

Here's the formula they all seem to follow:
Start with a clickbait, one-sentence opener and put an emphasis on emotionally charged anecdotes that paint the subject in an overly flattering light. Be sure that is formatted in short, simple sentences with frequent, probably unnecessary line breaks as this what the algorithm favours. Be sure to end it with a clichéd life lesson or inspirational thought.

I took a stab at writing a fake one for shits and giggles:

A candidate FAILED her interview but I still HIRED her.

Here's why.

She didn't have cookie cutter answers. She took risks and answered my questions with integrity.

HR raised a few eyebrows at her application, but I hired her because I look for PASSIONATE people who I can trust. I have final say.

And today, she became the head of her department.

Some tips for interviewing; don't tell the interviewer what you think they WANT to hear, never dim your passion!

Over the years I have learned that cookie cutter applicants will never be able to replicate the passion and drive that's needed for our business.

Does anyone agree? #leadership #management

:sick::sick::sick::sick::sick:

That's enough corporate simp-ing for one day.
They act like a bunch of repressed creative writers/philosophers. I look at people in a different light when they ‘👍🏻’ such posts *Britney Grimace*

Props to the guys who bang the salary transparency drum with no fucks given, though. Their comment sections are always filled with “I don’t want to hire someone who only cares about money” 🤦🏼‍♀️

Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.