Things that you are sick of seeing on social media #5

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Reposts. These people who brag about something so much that they have to repost to get more attention.

I'm on a popular DIY page on FB and it goes like this...

'Reposting as my original post got deleted'

Inserts picture of room they're bragging about.

Admin comments 'We never deleted your original post'.

Alternatively, the poster will say 'Reposting as I think I deleted my original by mistake'

How do you delete posts 'by mistake'?

They know their rooms look amazing, they've had 30k comments already, but they still feel needy enough to repost!

• Heart
Reactions: 8
I know that everybody grieves in different ways but this post goes out to all the people who grieve on social media in exactly the same way as everybody else.

ā€œsleep tight my angelā€
ā€œgained his/her wingsā€
ā€œXxxxxā€
etc

I would be so offended if I died and people were on Facebook and Instagram posting such shallow platitudes.

• Heart
Reactions: 25
I know that everybody grieves in different ways but this post goes out to all the people who grieve on social media in exactly the same way as everybody else.

ā€œsleep tight my angelā€
ā€œgained his/her wingsā€
ā€œXxxxxā€
etc

I would be so offended if I died and people were on Facebook and Instagram posting such shallow platitudes.
And the dreaded ā€œSleep tight my ANGLEā€ šŸ“

• Haha
Reactions: 34
When people do lives and all the awful chat before they actually get on with what theyā€™re there to say.

ā€œGood morning guys, oh is it still morning? Ooh no, itā€™s 12.15 so itā€™s afternoon, ha ha, where has the morning gone? I canā€™t keep up as Iā€™m so busy! So good afternoon guys! So sorry I havenā€™t gone live for so long. I know you guys have been waiting and Iā€™m so sorry Iā€™ve been so busy but Iā€™m with you now. I think the last time I went live was two days ago, no was it three? No maybe it was two days ago. No, no, it WAS three days ago because I was back from my mini break in Sweden. So here I am finally guys and today I want to talk to you aboutā€¦.ā€

• Haha
Reactions: 22
When people do lives and all the awful chat before they actually get on with what theyā€™re there to say.

ā€œGood morning guys, oh is it still morning? Ooh no, itā€™s 12.15 so itā€™s afternoon, ha ha, where has the morning gone? I canā€™t keep up as Iā€™m so busy! So good afternoon guys! So sorry I havenā€™t gone live for so long. I know you guys have been waiting and Iā€™m so sorry Iā€™ve been so busy but Iā€™m with you now. I think the last time I went live was two days ago, no was it three? No maybe it was two days ago. No, no, it WAS three days ago because I was back from my mini break in Sweden. So here I am finally guys and today I want to talk to you aboutā€¦.ā€
This plus rambling disclaimers they put at the start to say they are trying to be more sustainable, more aware of XYZ etc. I clicked on your video to see the tutorial or subject matter referred to in your title/thumbnail. I don't want to hear your handwringing pre-apologies for any potential comments you will get. They're all at it! Then after 3 mins of waffle they have the gall to say "so let's get straight onto today's video" šŸ¤Ŗ

Reactions: 5
People showing off they have had plant based bacon or sausages. Itā€™s not bacon nor sausagesā€¦ itā€™s plant based crap made to look like it. You can buy a cake from Asda that looks like a burger, itā€™s still a cake.

I also canā€™t bare seeing dinner posts. Itā€™s even worse when someone writes ā€œRIP to the cowā€ or rants about a cow dying for it. Bore off.

• Angry
Reactions: 14
People showing off they have had plant based bacon or sausages. Itā€™s not bacon nor sausagesā€¦ itā€™s plant based crap made to look like it. You can buy a cake from Asda that looks like a burger, itā€™s still a cake.
The difference being that the cake isnā€™t intended to taste like a burger but the vegan sausages are intended to taste like meat (and they often do).

I really donā€™t like the whole take your kids to the cemetery and have them pose by a relatives headstone for a Facebook photoshoot.

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 24
The difference being that the cake isnā€™t intended to taste like a burger but the vegan sausages are intended to taste like meat (and they often do).
Sorry but theyā€™re nothing like the real thing in taste nor texture.

• Haha
People who constantly jump in whenever a brand posts on social media to complain about "pay your taxes! stop using palm oil! I won't buy from a British brand that sells halal!" This serves no purpose other than to look self-righteous and upset the underpaid intern running the account. It won't be seen by anyone at the company who could actually make a difference

Reactions: 9
When people who have a small amount of followers, apologise for being absent, 'Sorry I haven't been on for a while guys, been so busy' blah blahghhh

• Haha
Reactions: 20

Omg yes this!

On YouTube videos as well. I've bought a new hair styler and was trying to find a good demo video this morning that isn't also full of chatting tit. šŸ¤¦šŸ»ā€ā™€ļø

Reactions: 3
In the previous thread someone mentioned The Herbert family. Honestly, I don't. like. Abbie's. husband.

I did some digging and found out he was 24 and she was 17 when they began dating. It's old news, but it gives me another reason not to like him. I might sound like an ass, but there's something about him that I just don't like. I can't deny that Abbie is gorgeous, but her life revolves around him and the baby...

Reactions: 1
Someone I know got an origami desk calendar for Christmas and so far has posted whatever today's origami thing they've made Every. Single. Day. On both Facebook and Instagram

I can't cope with a full year of this so I've muted them on both. šŸ¤¦šŸ»ā€ā™€ļø

• Haha
Reactions: 17
Someone I know got an origami desk calendar for Christmas and so far has posted whatever today's origami thing they've made Every. Single. Day. On both Facebook and Instagram

I can't cope with a full year of this so I've muted them on both. šŸ¤¦šŸ»ā€ā™€ļø
Sounds like a right bore of a person!

Reactions: 7
Yep. I was hoping that their enthusiasm for it would peter out around 9 January but they are still going strong. šŸ¤¦šŸ»ā€ā™€ļø

• Haha
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.