Things that you are sick of seeing on social media #4

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I think this has been mentioned but pumpkin picking 🎃 especially when everyone goes to the same farm and takes the same photos at the entrance with the sign 😒

• Haha
Reactions: 18
I think this has been mentioned but pumpkin picking 🎃 especially when everyone goes to the same farm and takes the same photos at the entrance with the sign 😒
Cue pics of toddlers sat on a hay bale, then with mum in the pumpkin patch 😴 with the caption ‘cutest pumpkin in the patch’ when their kids literally look like 👹

• Haha
Reactions: 32
People that are not PT’s just regular people exercising. Either lifting weights or preforming a plank or running with a phone, informing is they are running or have started couch to five 🙄
Posting their strava stats and PB. Ok you’ve exercised, wow, well done!

Reactions: 8
Got a new one, maybe this trend has passed, but grown as people consistently posting selfies with the likes of the puppy filter on.

And there was a trend there where girls in particular took selfies with the tip of their tongues out.

What absolute arseholes

• Haha
Reactions: 7
What time does the doctors/ shops open?

Or people who are skint, just got in a relationship and now they have all the money they want to do things with there kids who are not his kids. (New car, nails done etc for herself)
Same person for both.

• Haha
Reactions: 6
"Youtubers" calling items pieces.
Fall/Autumn haul few bits timeless pieces... :sick:

I commented on this before but the miss use use of the word "ton/tone" everywhere.
"I wore it a ton, I have seen a tone on Instagram, tons of people are buying it" etc.
WTF this social medial talk?! A whole new generation of half literate people.

As a non-English native speaker it grates my ears and hurt my eyes to see so many so called native speakers killing the language.
I have always thought that "pieces" should refer to high end designer clothes or vintage clothes. Something that you would have in your wardrobe for years. Not the throwaway fashion the insta huns love.

The thing that drives me insane at the moment is "should of" 😭

Reactions: 10
Got a new one, maybe this trend has passed, but grown as people consistently posting selfies with the likes of the puppy filter on.

And there was a trend there where girls in particular took selfies with the tip of their tongues out.

What absolute arseholes
And then make it their profile picture 🙄

I have always thought that "pieces" should refer to high end designer clothes or vintage clothes. Something that you would have in your wardrobe for years. Not the throwaway fashion the insta huns love.

The thing that drives me insane at the moment is "should of" 😭
Or ‘his’ instead of ‘he has’ or ‘he’s’ some of the Essex influencers are particularly bad with that (Disclaimer: don’t come for me Essex peeps 😩 , some not all 😘)

Reactions: 7
Photos of sunrise and sunsets. We are heading into “oh look it’s snowing” season too , yippee I’d never have known since I’m unable to look out of a window and see for myself .

oh and don’t get me started on kids back to school photos
Kids back to school pictures really bug me when they post the uniform and I’m like? So anyone can now turn up at your kids school, they know where they go to school, their name, what they look like and probably that they like pokemon cause you’ve posted them at their cousins birthday over the weekend in a Pokemon T-shirt so congratulations, a weirdo now has enough info to lure your kid to go with them just on the innocent pictures you’ve posted on SM.
Maybe I think too much of things but it just really freaks me out

• Heart
Reactions: 18
I don't mean anything negative about the people who do this - but I have noticed an increase in women on social media hero worshipping instagrammers.

Nothing against instagrammers or the people who seem a bit obsessed with them, but it does make me feel a bit sad when I read some posts. I think these posters need some real life friends or to gain some confidence because they seem to have the main aim in life to be noticed (and a lot of them want to be befriended) by the person they are aiming their posts at.

I really don't want to put anyone down, but I feel really sorry for some of the people I have seen posting, they are desperate to be noticed.
Yes I've seen a girl copy her gal pals hair styles and all. It's like just be yourself you are what you are. Girls try far too hard to be noticed and liked. It's like they can't live in the moment

Reactions: 2
When someone posts a half decent story , then has to stop because they ran out of time, but they promise a part 2 straight away, but they don't post one for what feels like a lifetime !!!!

Influencers sending their tit to other influencers. Read the room? Literally barely out of a pandemic, people are skint, people are desperate and poor, are you that thick you think that’s ok?

People posting like they are so quirky for liking Halloween whenever october comes around. No one cares please go away

Don't know if this is the place for this, but personally I'm sick of Greta Thunberg fans giving it SHES JUST A CHILD 🙄🙄🙄

Tonight on twitter I ended up in several arguments where this seems to be the standard reply. Also I'm bullying a child (because I'm old) and I got called Karen!!!

I did try explain that I think it's a bit hypocritical to whine on about Climate Change and then be hoping on planes - but apparently she's done so much to raise awareness she can use as many planes as she wants to. It's mental!!! When did we start living in a George Orwell Novel - some people are equal and some are more equal than others.

I think whats also 'triggering' me is that I work with someone of small stature - like Greta - and I'm sick of people referring to her as a wee girl - she's flaming 36 now.

And just as aside, what has Greta actually changed - apart from her bank balance???

• Heart
Reactions: 16
Don't know if this is the place for this, but personally I'm sick of Greta Thunberg fans giving it SHES JUST A CHILD 🙄🙄🙄

Tonight on twitter I ended up in several arguments where this seems to be the standard reply. Also I'm bullying a child (because I'm old) and I got called Karen!!!

I did try explain that I think it's a bit hypocritical to whine on about Climate Change and then be hoping on planes - but apparently she's done so much to raise awareness she can use as many planes as she wants to. It's mental!!! When did we start living in a George Orwell Novel - some people are equal and some are more equal than others.

I think whats also 'triggering' me is that I work with someone of small stature - like Greta - and I'm sick of people referring to her as a wee girl - she's flaming 36 now.

And just as aside, what has Greta actually changed - apart from her bank balance???
Funnily enough I’ve just been talking about Greta on another thread I personally think she’s a twit but at the same time I feel bad for thinking that because I think her parents have a lot to answer for.

But then I’m killing the planet driving to work but it’s ok for her to fly around the globe on a jolly with David Attenborough and Rick Astley.

Reactions: 13
Funnily enough I’ve just been talking about Greta on another thread I personally think she’s a twit but at the same time I feel bad for thinking that because I think her parents have a lot to answer for.

But then I’m killing the planet driving to work but it’s ok for her to fly around the globe on a jolly with David Attenborough and Rick Astley.
My thoughts exactly.

Wouldn't surprise me if we see a similar situation to Britney with Greta. Or that Spanish tennis player who said her parents spent all her money.

And I'm not giving up my Ford Fiesta!!! My mum would be totally bereft if I had to give up my car.

Reactions: 3
My thoughts exactly.

Wouldn't surprise me if we see a similar situation to Britney with Greta. Or that Spanish tennis player who said her parents spent all her money.

And I'm not giving up my Ford Fiesta!!! My mum would be totally bereft if I had to give up my car.
Oh I completely agree they’ll be something come out of the woodwork and no why should you? Why should anyone? It’s all very well having a go at people and say go green but what about little villages that have one bus a week? I’m really not looking forward to being made to have an electric car in the future either.

Reactions: 4

I mean, she's only 18 😂 and she's doing more than the rest of us are. Not sure why it bothers you enough to complain on Twitter about someone who is trying to do some good!

Reactions: 6
Influencers sending their tit to other influencers. Read the room? Literally barely out of a pandemic, people are skint, people are desperate and poor, are you that thick you think that’s ok?
It’s always the same cliques that do it too, isn’t it! For example, Olivia Rubin, Rosie Fortescue, The Fashion BB and Flavia Stuttgen are particularly bad at this - they just send their overpriced tat to each other and then proceed to gush on stories how amazing their beautiful friend looks. As if they need any more freebies.

Freebies to influencers in general grates me. It didn’t used to pre-Covid but I think that was a wake up call for many - except influencers. Still doing their fast fashion hauls and their launches.
What is super annoying is when they receive freebies, promote them and then sell on their private selling page it through an agency like e-bloggers - THEY GOT IT FOR FREE!!! so they then profit twice🤷🏽‍♀️ Give it to charity or regift at the very least. And there’s stupid me searching for a discount code or waiting until it goes in the sale 🙄 Who is the fool? The companies involved don’t seem to care.

Last edited:
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.