Things that you are sick of seeing on social media #4

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
A mum I follow on IG gets gifted trips to the zoo and it pisses me off, the same mum that every other post is an AD, just bore off

Reactions: 2
A local personal trainer who I follow on IG has just had a baby....she's here to keep it real though. We've had a picture of her decreasing stomach daily, plus hours of waxing lyrical on stories about how she's not putting pressure on herself to get back to how she was, about how her body is amazing to have produced this baby ad infinitum. Dear lord, it is relentless and the child is only 2 weeks old.

Paragraphs upon paragraphs of navel gazing nonsense that noone gives a tit about.

• Haha
Reactions: 11
A local personal trainer who I follow on IG has just had a baby....she's here to keep it real though. We've had a picture of her decreasing stomach daily, plus hours of waxing lyrical on stories about how she's not putting pressure on herself to get back to how she was, about how her body is amazing to have produced this baby ad infinitum. Dear lord, it is relentless and the child is only 2 weeks old.

Paragraphs upon paragraphs of navel gazing nonsense that noone gives a tit about.
I always think people who wax lyrical about this after having a baby are actually really bothered about the change in their body and are just trying to convince themselves they’re not. Why go on about it so much if it’s non issue for you?

Reactions: 13
Probably the same as everyone else today...

Pumpkins and Halloween costumes. Seems to be amped up tonight.

Reactions: 8
Probably the same as everyone else today...

Pumpkins and Halloween costumes. Seems to be amped up tonight.
Yep. Especially as Halloween is tomorrow and it’s a one day event!
Seen a LOT of people asking when they should go trick or treating as it’s a “school night”. D’oh! Go at 5pm and be home in bed by 7:30 FFS but go on actual Halloween!!

I agree with everything written on this thread and have enjoyed reading it. I've been quite depressed at the seemingly perfect lives of everyone on social media but recent experience has taught me 99% of it is a complete lie from happy couples when one of them is having an affair to people driving by places purely for the check in. I've been questioning my own mothering skills because my kids aren't at pumpkin patches or endless days out dressed to the nines. I feel like a tit parent.

I really need to deactivate the whole thing for the good of my own sanity.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
I agree with everything written on this thread and have enjoyed reading it. I've been quite depressed at the seemingly perfect lives of everyone on social media but recent experience has taught me 99% of it is a complete lie from happy couples when one of them is having an affair to people driving by places purely for the check in. I've been questioning my own mothering skills because my kids aren't at pumpkin patches or endless days out dressed to the nines. I feel like a tit parent.

I really need to deactivate the whole thing for the good of my own sanity.
It really is a cesspool of people trying to portray like they have the best life ever.

Reactions: 10
When has pumpkin patches become a thing? Genuinely asking because I can't remember this ever being a thing in Europe, at least as far as I know, when I grew up. Now there is a photo in every friend's ig looking like they have just dropped by a farm in the US for the weekend. It's my favourite season (in all its bleak, miserable glory) and all this over-jolly, flannel ridden, pumpkin and filtered photo craze of it is starting to make me sick.
I see America has yet to adopt our 90s Halloween tradition of bin bag for a costume and if you were lucky a 99p plastic mask that you can still smell twenty years later.

• Haha
Reactions: 24
Yeah I've took mine before but it's just irritating how everyone has to put it all over social media as if they are doing something unique 🤣
weve been taking kids for quite a few years pumpkin picking ..gets them out the house and off tablets/phones and we all enjoy carving different designs each year. Last week me and my youngest went to the pumpkin patch near us ..it was full of people stopping to pose for insta worthy family photos every two seconds getting in everyone's way !

Reactions: 7
I always think people who wax lyrical about this after having a baby are actually really bothered about the change in their body and are just trying to convince themselves they’re not. Why go on about it so much if it’s non issue for you?
Yep, I'd agree. LiteralIy noone expects you to be in your size 8 jeans the day after giving birth, nor does anyone really care. See if you were still in your leggings with your hair in a scrappy bun when they're 6 months old, people still wouldn't care.

Reactions: 7
Yep. Especially as Halloween is tomorrow and it’s a one day event!
Seen a LOT of people asking when they should go trick or treating as it’s a “school night”. D’oh! Go at 5pm and be home in bed by 7:30 FFS but go on actual Halloween!!
Yes!! So many people on my local FB group planning trick or treating on Saturday rather than Sunday as it's a school night. It's a stroll around the neighbourhood, not an all night bender 🙄

• Haha
Reactions: 15
When someone makes a claim, you ask for a source and it's either "you'll have to Google it" or "Google says so".

• Haha
Yes!! So many people on my local FB group planning trick or treating on Saturday rather than Sunday as it's a school night. It's a stroll around the neighbourhood, not an all night bender 🙄
Right?!? How late are they planning to keep their kids out trick or treating?? It’ll be dark by 4pm today 🤣

Reactions: 5
People posting photos of themselves every day ... Like why no one gives a duck if you've lost half a stone. You don't need to post every day!

Reactions: 6
same where i live..someone commented we wouldn't move Christmas if it was a Sunday so why would you trick or treat when it's not Halloween!
i mean when its on a week day also a school night it doesnt seem to stop people! 🤣

Reactions: 3
Halloween pics of two friends in their slutty angel and devil matching costumes. Original.

• Haha
Reactions: 12
I’ve just popped into Fb and people have Halloween trees. Like seriously wtf. When did this become a thing?? Then when asked if they’ll take them down to re put them up for Christmas. @No I’ll remove Halloween decs and put up Christmas ones this week”. Ffs. Stop wishing your life away.

• Wow
Reactions: 11
I’ve just popped into Fb and people have Halloween trees. Like seriously wtf. When did this become a thing?? Then when asked if they’ll take them down to re put them up for Christmas. @No I’ll remove Halloween decs and put up Christmas ones this week”. Ffs. Stop wishing your life away.
My Christmas tree annoys me after about a week no way could I have it up from October.

• Haha
My Christmas tree annoys me after about a week no way could I have it up from October.
Same! I can't even bear having the tree up for 12 nights past Christmas. Always take it down by New Years Eve so I can start the new year fresh and tidy.

I have a friend who does a different Christmas theme each year, so all new decs and tableware, so bloody wasteful and expensive!

• Wow
Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.