Things that you are sick of seeing on social media #4

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The worlds productivity increased ten fold this evening as millions of people had to put their phones down and do some actual work 🤷‍♂️
Influencers kids went into shock when their parents acknowledged them off camera

Hahahahahahahaaaaaaa😅

Ive just seen someone post on twatter " I am upset as have many close friends that I cant get in contact with, because I dont have their phone numbers or address " 😅😅😅😅😀
Whats the matter with these people? Dont they write it down in an address book? So new! Lol
Sad thing is they don't realise, if they only communicate via social media and don't have each others numbers or addresses, they are acquaintances and not friends, certainly not close friends any way. In fact there are members of family I wish I could keep communication by social media only, I'd be praying for daily outages

• Haha
Reactions: 12
People who wish dead relatives happy birthday on Facebook every year as if they are the only people in the world ever to have lost someone close to them. When does it stop? “Happy 132nd birthday dad, wish you were still with us x” duck off everyone has to die at some point.

I get wanting to acknowledge a loved ones birthday after they’ve passed but this whole making a big show of things on social media for it is just ridiculous. The dead person won’t ever see it and no one else cares to be quite honest.

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 41
People who wish dead relatives happy birthday on Facebook every year as if they are the only people in the world ever to have lost someone close to them. When does it stop? “Happy 132nd birthday dad, wish you were still with us x” duck off everyone has to die at some point.

I get wanting to acknowledge a loved ones birthday after they’ve passed but this whole making a big show of things on social media for it is just ridiculous. The dead person won’t ever see it and no one else cares to be quite honest.
I always feel like replying, "If your nan wasn't on Facebook in life I doubt she's checking it from beyond the grave!"

• Haha
Reactions: 27
tit like this, usually shared by boomers.

98C51BEE-A6FD-44FF-9C1F-533F99541884.jpeg

I take mild offence to this kind of thing. I’ve never laid a finger on my kids and they are definitely disciplined, respectful and well behaved. How dare anyone assume my kids are going to be unruly because I don’t smack them one every time they misbehave.

The fact that some people think violence is the only answer when it comes to getting kids to behave are the wrong’uns who create wrong’uns imo. They’re just to dumb to realise it. These people are also the kind of people who think their little cherubs do no wrong because they’ve ‘raised them right’ when in reality they’re just biased and blind to any crappy behaviour🙄

• Heart
Reactions: 18

Agreed- I find it quite ludicrous

Reactions: 7

View attachment 795136

I take mild offence to this kind of thing. I’ve never laid a finger on my kids and they are definitely disciplined, respectful and well behaved. How dare anyone assume my kids are going to be unruly because I don’t smack them one every time they misbehave.

The fact that some people think violence is the only answer when it comes to getting kids to behave are the wrong’uns who create wrong’uns imo. They’re just to dumb to realise it. These people are also the kind of people who think their little cherubs do no wrong because they’ve ‘raised them right’ when in reality they’re just biased and blind to any crappy behaviour🙄
Absolutely. The "it did me no harm" brigade are always demonstrating that it in fact did do them harm because they totally lack empathy.

Why would you want to hit/hurt someone vulnerable and totally reliant on you?

• Heart
Reactions: 19

View attachment 795136

Yeah agree and just the whole "we didn't do that in my day" maybe not but there was plenty you did in your day that we wouldn't do now.

Reactions: 5
I’ve nothing against Stacey Solomon but I’m already sick of seeing photos of her new baby captioned with ‘omg I love Stacey 💞’

• Haha
Reactions: 22
Can't believe I'm saying this in October but Christmas trees 😳 mine gets on my nerves being up a week or 2 never mind 3 months on advanced , I'm no where near ready to get in the spirit. People may think I'm boring but honestly don't know how people do it so early

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 17
All the incoming pumpkin patch photo shoots. I swear no one did it years ago, you just bought one from supermarket, but because some parents need the perfect insta life, so they drag the kids to a muddy field, take some photos, boom. Best parents ever.

Bonus point if they take over the carving session too, so it's the kids watching them create the perfect insta pumpkin to put on the porch with the autumn wreath hanging off the door :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: I'd rather see wonky face pumpkins that kids have had a go at!

Reactions: 19
Can't believe I'm saying this in October but Christmas trees 😳 mine gets on my nerves being up a week or 2 never mind 3 months on advanced , I'm no where near ready to get in the spirit. People may think I'm boring but honestly don't know how people do it so early
Drives me mad. Bonfire Night is in a Months time still, after that its still 6 weeks to Christmas , plenty of time

• Haha
Reactions: 9
I'm sure it's been said before, but I am SO pissed off with NAMALT, or the latest incarnation, NAPALT are like that. Yeah yeah, everyone gets that, but the point is that SOME are and they don't have bleeping tattoos on their foreheads to tell us all to give them a wide berth. And breathe.

Reactions: 2
Social media blackout was good whilst it lasted! (Though I needed WhatsApp!)

Reactions: 6
I'm sure it's been said before, but I am SO pissed off with NAMALT, or the latest incarnation, NAPALT are like that. Yeah yeah, everyone gets that, but the point is that SOME are and they don't have bleeping tattoos on their foreheads to tell us all to give them a wide berth. And breathe.
will google translate work on this?

Reactions: 1
People who share all the stories that people have done wishing them a happy birthday. I just don’t get it?! Yeah we get it, you’ve got a few mates. It’d be like taking all your birthday cards out with you to show everyone

• Haha
Reactions: 24
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.