Things that you are sick of seeing on social media #3

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
🥺👉🏻👈🏻

^ gives me the ick. Usually used by people with anime avatars who probably look like comic book guy or the female equivalent.

• Haha
Reactions: 12
I have a person on Facebook, she's a friend of my in laws family, I barely know her just someone I see at get togethers , she replies to every question and news article - but only ever a one word answer. Eg

Do you still wear a mask? - "yes"
Have you ever watched Love Island? - "no"
Did you watch Corrie last night? - "yes"

Great, thanks for your thrilling insights.

(And no I'm not going to delete her because otherwise how would I be able to say to my husband "look what this boring twit has posted now")

• Haha
Reactions: 27
Further to your post I saw this gem doing the rounds. I feel sorry for people who feel isolated and overwhelmed after birth but exactly where does this madness end is my question.
this just seems like such an American thing to do. If you know someone who has just had a baby why can’t you text/call/visit to offer support or throw a lasagne round-why does everything have to be a party/celebration/event?

personally I can’t stand the idea of baby showers (especially so far away from the birth date,honestly that just stresses me out) and gender reveals are another thing. Just ask whoever is doing the scan what the sex is and be done with it? Who actually gives a tit what sex someone else’s baby is going to be? I don’t even give a tit what the sex of my own will be lol. That couple in America facing 20years for manslaughter for a gender reveal that led to a three week wildfire and death of a firefighter should be enough to put anyone off ffs.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
Smug people belittling anyone who says - however politely - that they don't like face masks. Especially anyone who has "wear a damn mask" in their username.

How self-important and authoritarian can a person be? What makes them think they have the right!

Reactions: 17
People posting about their child's death on LinkedIn. just today, I saw three different posts from three different parents in this regard. It's not the appropriate platform at all. I can understand the immense pain, but posting about it on LinkedIn is inappropriate. Whether it's to attract pity, raise awareness or exteriorize the pain, it's simply the wrong vehicle. I don't agree with the idea of using your child's or relative's death to attract sympathy and visibility. People process pain differently, but LinkedIn is not the answer. If you want to raise awareness, set up a charity or get involved in one, don't post about your child's death on LinkedIn and include a picture of them. Respect their privacy and dignity.

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 12
A woman I know has started posting daily photos of her son since the school holidays started with cheesy captions like “he may drive me up the wall but I’ll love him forever”
You’re his mother you’re supposed to love your kids forever it’s not like a choice thing.
I don’t understand expecting praise for saying you love your child.

• Haha
Reactions: 25
A woman I know has started posting daily photos of her son since the school holidays started with cheesy captions like “he may drive me up the wall but I’ll love him forever”
You’re his mother you’re supposed to love your kids forever it’s not like a choice thing.
I don’t understand expecting praise for saying you love your child.
I see this so much! They normally end the day with wine o'clock as a reward for good mummy points. They've literally just done the standards you'd hope a mother would!

Reactions: 15
Just saw a post on one of those girly meme pages that said, "Girls with naturally long hair are God's favourite." :rolleyes::censored:

There's so much wrong with that I don't know where to start!

All the comments are from little 16yo shits going, "It feels amazing thanks x".

Posts like that perpetuate so much bullying and nastiness. Maybe I'm in a bad mood today but it made me feel really sad. You can wear your hair whatever length you like ffs.

• Haha
Reactions: 16
People posting about their child's death on LinkedIn. just today, I saw three different posts from three different parents in this regard. It's not the appropriate platform at all. I can understand the immense pain, but posting about it on LinkedIn is inappropriate. Whether it's to attract pity, raise awareness or exteriorize the pain, it's simply the wrong vehicle. I don't agree with the idea of using your child's or relative's death to attract sympathy and visibility. People process pain differently, but LinkedIn is not the answer. If you want to raise awareness, set up a charity or get involved in one, don't post about your child's death on LinkedIn and include a picture of them. Respect their privacy and dignity.
May i add the lady who posted about her son going to his leavers ball in a dress? It is not the content I have an issue with, (I think it's fabulous and I loved the dress!) But the platform. I though LinkedIn was for jobs and networking etc? There are a number of social media platforms she could have posted on.

I think I am just old and grumpy, and hate people and social media in general 😒

• Haha
May i add the lady who posted about her son going to his leavers ball in a dress? It is not the content I have an issue with, (I think it's fabulous and I loved the dress!) But the platform. I though LinkedIn was for jobs and networking etc? There are a number of social media platforms she could have posted on.

I think I am just old and grumpy, and hate people and social media in general 😒
I think some parents out there should respect their children's privacy and start abiding by boundaries. I highly doubt people who post such posts on LinkedIn actually bother to get their child's permission beforehand. LinkedIn is a global professional website and you never know who might find these posts when your child is at the stage where they're looking for a job. These people are simply looking for validation and for people to tell them: "you're such a great open minded parent". Good parents know they're good parents and certainly don't need external validation from colleagues and professional peers. It's got nothing to with the nature of the platform. There are so many people in my network who post about their children's personal milestones and I don't agree with this. Unless it is a career or academic milestone, I really don't care if your child has graduated kindergarten or if they attended their prom wearing a fairy costume.

Reactions: 11
I think some parents out there should respect their children's privacy. I highly doubt people who post such posts on LinkedIn actually bother to get their child's permission beforehand. LinkedIn is a professional website and you never know who might find these posts when your child is at the stage where they're looking for a job. They're simply looking for validation and for people to tell them: "you're such a great open minded parent". Good parents know they're good parents and certainly don't need external validation from colleagues and professional peers. It's got nothing to with the nature of the platform. There are so many people in my network who post about their children's personal milestones and I don't agree with this. Unless it is a career or academic milestone, I really don't care if your child has graduated kindergarten.
That is why I hate LinkedIn in general, is show-off

Reactions: 8
That is why I hate LinkedIn in general, is show-off
It really is, when I was made redundant at the begining of lockdown, i hated going on there and seeing all the humble brags 🙄

No one cares about your promotion Dave!

• Heart
It really is, when I was made redundant at the begining of lockdown, i hated going on there and seeing all the humble brags 🙄

Or those quotes which say tit like

"No need to explain if you need to take a half day"

"Don't worry if you come in late, no explanation required"

"Feel like working from home?! Feel free, no need to ask!"

"As long as the work is done, I don't care how/where/when you do it"

Where the duck are these mythical bosses and jobs?!!!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 17

The worst is those who say: "I am delighted to announce that I completed a free two hour Udemy certificate in XYZ". Seriously, no one cares.

My former roommate wrote something along those lines when she passed a certificate: "Because COVID has taught us that now more than ever, accomplishments need to be celebrated, I am delighted to announce I passed my certificate in XYZ from (insert random school no one's ever heard of)". I don't know if people like this actually realize no one they're connected to on LinkedIn cares enough to celebrate anything anyone accomplishes because about 90% of these connections are a) people you haven't seen in moons b) people you have never seen who just want to increase their connections counts c) people who don't have a clue who you are.

A like on LinkedIn is hardly a celebration and it's quite sad to think people liking your post on LinkedIn is valuable. You're the only one who thinks people care when they actually don't. Ridiculous.

The pandemic has made LinkedIn way more toxic than ever before. I can't look at my feed anymore because I'm sick of the unnecessary self-promotion. It really impacts my mood sometimes. I deactivated my account for about a month to see how it would impact my mental health and it was the most productive/healthy month I've had. I saw a significant increase in my mental health and overall perspective on my life path.

Also, what shocks me is that LinkedIn by default makes you follow any of your connections, so you can see their likes/comments. Some of these people I obviously know in real life and sometimes, I see some of them like posts which go against their "real life" speech/opinions. It shows the hypocrisy and how people are ready to go where the wind blows to make themselves look good online, when in reality, their real life position on the matter is completely different.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 10
People who share pics of their babies who have passed away I think photos like that should be a private moment not posted all over Facebook
I was just about to post this. Today I’ve seen 2 separate posts with photos of Angel babies 😞 While I am all for raising awareness, as a parent of Angels, I find the photos very distressing and they often stay with me for days. It’s all very well putting trigger warning in the text but when you are scrolling through it is the photo you see first 😞

• Sad
  • Heart
People liking their own pictures
Girls doing the stupid duck face...quack
"Doing a FB clearout .. if you're still on you're lucky" 🙄
People checking in at hospital/posting hospital pics
People (badly) lip syncing
Photo dumps

People liking their own pictures
Girls doing the stupid duck face...quack
"Doing a FB clearout .. if you're still on you're lucky" 🙄
People checking in at hospital/posting hospital pics
People (badly) lip syncing
Photo dumps
Especially tragic when the only like on the post is the posters.

• Haha
'My kids my 🌍'

' people are snakes it's just me and my kids from now on'

'cryptic status' then when people ask 'are you ok hun' they reply with ' can't say on here , pm me '

🤣

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 15
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.