Things that you are sick of seeing on social media #3

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
People who cannot do a charitable deed or good thing without telling the whole world about it. I understand people need to fundraise and stuff and normally you can see when it is genuine and when people are doing it just so they can look good to everyone else.

Also my work colleagues who constantly post stuff about our profession and tag me in things on Facebook. Yes we do a stressful and hard job but it’s like they just want extra praise and thanks all the time 🥱🙄

Reactions: 23
This is really just a Tattle exclusive thing for me, but those posters you see on almost every thread always claiming to be afflicted with every illness and experienced every situation that is in question
That's a message board thing, not a tattle thing!

Best to ignore those posters and not give the attention.

Reactions: 6
People who share pics of their babies who have passed away I think photos like that should be a private moment not posted all over Facebook

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 25
Some stupid account on Instagram called overthemoonfaraway. She always pops up in my search and she’s just NOT funny. “Girls getting ready in 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010”. Bore off ffs.

• Haha
Reactions: 5
No stop bragging about kids achievements, no one cares if Fabian is a level 1 gymnast at 4 years old or that Abbie-Mae is in her first year at Oxford at 10. Just stfu & bore your family with the news.

• Haha
Reactions: 23
Honestly, just posts that are obvious thirst traps. There’s no need to be so narcissistic. You’re gods gift to the earth. We get it.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 16
English people who say 'Mom' boils my piss. And the 'You got this Mummaz' And of course the illiterate influencers which let's face it is most of them

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 15
People posting awful and frankly dangerous advice on child rearing- yesterday I saw a woman suggest nesquik be added to an 8 month olds bottle to encourage her to drink more milk 🥴

cue someone pointing out how frankly tit the advice is quite rightly and a deluge of ‘mummies know best my son is 25 now and 7foot so it did him no harm’ comments appearing.

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 21
English people who say 'Mom' boils my piss. And the 'You got this Mummaz' And of course the illiterate influencers which let's face it is most of them
Noticed a lot of Brummies spell it that way for some reason

Reactions: 4
People posting awful and frankly dangerous advice on child rearing- yesterday I saw a woman suggest nesquik be added to an 8 month olds bottle to encourage her to drink more milk 🥴

cue someone pointing out how frankly tit the advice is quite rightly and a deluge of ‘mummies know best my son is 25 now and 7foot so it did him no harm’ comments appearing.
It’s the same with early weaning. “All the advice in the last was to wean at 12 weeks! Never did my children any harm!”

Yeah, and look how prevalent allergies and gut disorders are now…

Reactions: 9
Oversharing of everything. I suppose it's easy to do these days.

Instagrammers whose photos are all posed and perfect. It is boring , I think

Reactions: 13
Mom comes from old English and is the correct shortened version of mother. As time evolved people starting spelling it phonetically - mum. Some regions of England, like Birmingham for example, still use the old English version - mom.

Reactions: 10
Girls who seem to think getting pregnant is a personality trait or every post has to be pregnancy related.

One girl I follow had on her insta- went for a walk at 26 weeks pregnant.

Did yoga at 28 weeks pregnant

Baby kicking while im eating lunch

I know being pregnant is exciting, but honestly outside of yourself, partner and immediate family, no one really cares.

i’ve had 2 babies and the only time I posted on my social media is when they were born.

Reactions: 27
It’s the same with early weaning. “All the advice in the last was to wean at 12 weeks! Never did my children any harm!”

Yeah, and look how prevalent allergies and gut disorders are now…
My kids are grown up now and our health visitor strongly advised us to start weaning at 12 weeks if they were showing signs they were 'ready'. My mum was horrified we were leaving it so late!

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 7
They are all jumping in the bandwagon at the moment, but imfluencers making out they are just like everyone else and then the next thing it’s bright posts about going on holiday, staying in post hotels, eating in posh restaurants etc when half the country is out of a job 🥴

Reactions: 16
1. Squad goals
2. Smashing it. Followed by 👊
3. People who pull duck faces/pouts. Either smile or have a straight face.
4. A vague status. Then when you ask whats wrong, they reply, "I'm Fine!!!" or "Inbox me babe/hun/bird
5. The word Hun.
6. Pictures of children, adults, animals etc that are unwell. Can I get an Amen? No. duck off.
7. This one.
Other than that, I am good.

1. Squad goals
2. Smashing it. Followed by 👊
3. People who pull duck faces/pouts. Either smile or have a straight face.
4. A vague status. Then when you ask whats wrong, they reply, "I'm Fine!!!" or "Inbox me babe/hun/bird
5. The word Hun.
6. Pictures of children, adults, animals etc that are unwell. Can I get an Amen? No. duck off.
7. This one.
Other than that, I am good.
8. Fixing each others crowns. Then a picture that is filtered goes up

• Heart
Reactions: 18
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.