Things that you are sick of seeing on social media #3

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Probably gonna get hate for this, but I'm fed up of seeing pics of friends babies at these sensory play classes.

It's not the going to the class I have an issue with, I understand the social aspect, but the other day I saw pics of poor little babies with cooked pasta on their heads and paint all over their feet. Making out that this is some kind of extra special learning experience. The kids are 4 months old, they haven't got a clue what's going on. It's all for the parents isn't it?

It does explain why I never made it to Oxford though. My mum obviously never stuck enough bits of penne to my head.
I know this post is ages old but I totally agree. The one upman ship of parenthood is disgusting, and this thing is part of the problem! Just because your kid put an egg on their head doesn’t mean anything love

One thing I've actually enjoyed about lockdown is that baby classes haven't been happening. I love my baby and I enjoy being a mum, but the thought of sitting in some church hall with other mums, coaxing our babies to do 'activities' makes me a bit queasy.
I never did them, I hate other parents (except for ones on here)

People posting absolutely everything about their child. Jeez, give them some bloody privacy!
Also this! My friend takes photos of her kids swimming lesson. Bore off! Another mate posts photos of his kid at ballet, which is precious but his profile is set to public and it irks me.

Last edited:
Reactions: 13
This is probably the biggest issue I have with social media and the internet. The constant competition to see who can be the most woke. I consider myself very liberal with leftist views, but I can't stand how the SJWs/woke go on about things. Everything is black and white, no room for shades of gray, no nuance allowed. Everything is problematic, everyone has to speak up about every issue under the sun. (Unless you have a different opinion, in which case you should gtfo)
Really though, all of the "us vs them/ I'm right you're wrong" attitudes on both sides still don't see they're different sides of the same coin, intolerant vs intolerant.
I've really dropped my time spent on the internet lately. It's become such an exhausting, miserable, depressing hellhole.

Reactions: 26
All the footie reaction posts. I don't want to see a bunch of people going nuts in a pub, nor care about some celeb posting a pic of themselves watching the games either.

Reactions: 10
The number of YouTube channels which now have associated merchandise (sweatshirts, mugs, etc) which they promote on every video. Yeah I like your content but not enough to want to buy a mug with your face on it. Would love to know if anyone actually buys this stuff.

Reactions: 12
The number of YouTube channels which now have associated merchandise (sweatshirts, mugs, etc) which they promote on every video. Yeah I like your content but not enough to want to buy a mug with your face on it. Would love to know if anyone actually buys this stuff.
Podcasts do this same tit ‘merc drop’ I want to know who is buying it.

Reactions: 4
Kids. I have a son with a (admittedly fake) Stephen Sharer hoody and a daughter with a (real) Ssniperwolf hoodie.

Reactions: 4
bleeping school reports!!!
Everywhere on the socials the past two days!
Screenshots of the report for all to see !
Like if you really have to then say how proud you are blah blah blah but to post the report of what the teacher has said and grades etc is just too much!!

Reactions: 15
Over the top baby announcements- Especially when you can tell the parents have bought something just for social media.

Reactions: 8
When people have birthdays and it's always 'Chapter 22' 'Chapter 33'.

You are not a book and you're 22 years old. Just come out and say it instead of finding pretty ways of announcing your birthday and age online

• Haha
Reactions: 11
When people have birthdays and it's always 'Chapter 22' 'Chapter 33'.

You are not a book and you're 22 years old. Just come out and say it instead of finding pretty ways of announcing your birthday and age online
or ‘another spin round the sun’. duck off.

Not something I'm sick of, in fact I would love to see more of this... this has really tickled me 😂
I got this one today from my local
Neighbourhood watch thing. Took me ages to realise that she probably meant red collar lol.

Attachments

• Haha
Reactions: 7
I can’t stand our neighbourhood fb, most people on it seem deranged & want to set up vigilante groups. Some post the street they live in and then mention that most of their neighbours are over 80. 🤬

• Wow
Reactions: 13
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.