Things that you are sick of seeing on social media #3

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I wish people would check their spelling before they post.
Someone on my Local FB page posted that they had lost a badge.
Cue lots of genuinely concerned responses like
What kind of badge ? One for a car ?
No, hun.
What kind was it, then ?
A blue one.
A school badge ?
No. A blue one.

About 20 similar posts and replies later, the OP says...he flew away. He’s a blue badge 😢
I despair
🦜

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 20
I wish people would check their spelling before they post.
Someone on my Local FB page posted that they had lost a badge.
Cue lots of genuinely concerned responses like
What kind of badge ? One for a car ?
No, hun.
What kind was it, then ?
A blue one.
A school badge ?
No. A blue one.

About 20 similar posts and replies later, the OP says...he flew away. He’s a blue badge 😢
I despair
🦜
That is peak British.

• Haha
Reactions: 11
I can’t stand our neighbourhood fb, most people on it seem deranged & want to set up vigilante groups. Some post the street they live in and then mention that most of their neighbours are over 80. 🤬
My old road was the worst for this making out some poor delivery driver was casing houses because they went in someone’s garden.

• Wow
Reactions: 4
Twitter! I downloaded it again for the umpteenth time and did the entire set-up-the-profile rigmarole to deactivate and delete it within 24 hours.

There’s a couple of decent accounts in there which I don’t mind reading but the majority of the site seems like social media for obnoxious twats.

Reactions: 8
Girls uploading pics of themselves with another girl and putting caption as 'twinnnniiieeeesss' or 'my twin🤩😍🤩🥰😍🤩🥰' when they look sod all alike

• Haha
Reactions: 14
Twitter! I downloaded it again for the umpteenth time and did the entire set-up-the-profile rigmarole to deactivate and delete it within 24 hours.

There’s a couple of decent accounts in there which I don’t mind reading but the majority of the site seems like social media for obnoxious twats.
Twitter is a pile of shite, navigating the site on a computer is nightmare and really duck all interest on there.

How easy it is to get influencers, especially educated millenials, to get their arse out. They’ve milked themselves dry for content and now they are all flogging the same ethical underwear brands.

Likely this has been covered already but..... filtered photos. I am meaning overly filtered photos to the point where the person has next to no features! I have a friend the same age as me who posts SO many photos of herself where she is barely recognisable with blurry filters and ridiculous gigantic eyes.

Reactions: 11
Not modesty policing but how easy it is to get influencers, especially educated millenials, to get their arse out. They’ve milked themselves dry for content and now they are all flogging the same ethical underwear brands. Onlyfans is more profitable but then they wouldn’t be able to push their “aspirational” lifestyle

Reactions: 2
Likely this has been covered already but..... filtered photos. I am meaning overly filtered photos to the point where the person has next to no features! I have a friend the same age as me who posts SO many photos of herself where she is barely recognisable with blurry filters and ridiculous gigantic eyes.
This!!
And when you flick through there pics there is absolutely no real photos
All profile pics consist of is overly filtered pics or the dog filter or one with hearts on there faces or other ridiculous things on there faces when in real life we don’t walk around with all that on us!
Imagine showing your grandkids these photos
Some filters are just so deceiving as like many you know/or see the person in real life and think duck me that is some serious filter on as they look so different
I don’t filter my pics
But even then I want too as I want to achieve the look the filters give but I know there not real so I dont
And I hate all the comments they get like 🔥🔥 or so gorgeous when it’s clearly not the real them!!
I would rather people think wow she looks bettter in real life then in her pics as opposed for the other way round of people thinking wow she looks nothing like her pics!

• Heart
Reactions: 7
On topic of filtered pics, find it really cringe when an older woman 35+ has a snapchat filtered eg dog or hearts as their profile picture.

• Haha
Reactions: 12
People sharing the petition asking that ID is required to have an account on SM. I’m pleased to see some people speaking up against this but even then they are labelled trolls and abusers 🙄

I’m completely disgusted at the messages are England players received after Sunday’s match but the faux outpouring of disgust on the new bandwagon is so annoying. If you were really worried and disgusted at the level of racism online then you should be speaking up before this incident and just putting a badge on your profile doesn’t make a bit of difference.

Reactions: 17
People sharing the petition asking that ID is required to have an account on SM. I’m pleased to see some people speaking up against this but even then they are labelled trolls and abusers 🙄

I’m completely disgusted at the messages are England players received after Sunday’s match but the faux outpouring of disgust on the new bandwagon is so annoying. If you were really worried and disgusted at the level of racism online then you should be speaking up before this incident and just putting a badge on your profile doesn’t make a bit of difference.
I agree, and the trolls will always find a way around it anyway, like people who bypass motoring regulations by driving without a licence or insurance, or on false plates.

Cracking down on racism is one thing, but what if you hold an unpopular/controversial opinion on something or someone? Some of the stuff talked about on here on the Secret Gossip thread or the sex work thread for example, would you still want to say stuff if you could be so easily traced? It's hard to know what this data would be used for in future, how long it's going to be kept for, etc.

I've seen loads of people saying "Yeah China are way ahead of us on this". Like that's a good thing!

Last edited:
Reactions: 10
People who write ‘vegan’ beside their profile picture. Yet to see anyone with carnivore or meat eater written.

• Haha
Reactions: 15
On topic of filtered pics, find it really cringe when an older woman 35+ has a snapchat filtered eg dog or hearts as their profile picture.
I've come across this 50yr old woman on insta who decided she wants to try & become a model, she heavily edits and filters everything so all the pictures are blurry and look like they've been taken on a potato, even a couple of 'pro' ones she's had done have wiggly lines everywhere where she's changing everything. None of them look anything like her. She's also desperately been buying 'followers' and flirting with the creepy pervy men that encourage her, because she looks like something out of readers wives. SO CRINGE.

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 14

Yep- commented on someone’s post yesterday about this- about 3.5 million people in the UK don’t have photo ID. And there are a multitude of reasons why vulnerable people using the internet to access important resources would want to have a ‘fake’ profile.

I find it absolutely mad the same people who want to delete the covid app and get worked up about track and trace are more than happy to give their ID to Facebook

• Heart
Reactions: 19
Where do you draw the line with this ID on SM? If you have a different opinion to someone now you’re a troll. You call out tit behavior and you get #bekind thrown at you. People will go crying to the police, that nasty persons boss/family/friends outing them.

People who are persecuted for their beliefs or way of life will loose their right to speak up in a safe way. People who have been at the receiving end of crimes like rape, abuse will loose their voice.

It’s crap now and this just plays onto their hands. If this ever happens I’m coming off every platform this is required for. I appreciate and respect the small amount of anonymity there is now, once that gone so am I.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
If Twitter & Facebook can flag every mention of COVID and automatically ban people on social media for misinformation they can do the same for racism. But they won't, as it keeps the divide alive and the peasants from revolting. Handing our souls over to Big Tech is not the answer.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
If Twitter & Facebook can flag every mention of COVID and automatically ban people on social media for misinformation they can do the same for racism. But they won't, as it keeps the divide alive and the peasants from revolting. Handing our souls over to Big Tech is not the answer.
Yep, unfortunately they know things like racism bring in a lot of clicks, whethers thats from trolls or people trying to be supportive, so more people=more money.

They don’t care about anything other than making money

Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.