Things that you are sick of seeing on social media #3

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The covid jab card that everyone keeps posting like it's gonna go out of fashion. No one gives a tit. I mean I know I certainly don't.
The thingy saying you've been jabbed, that goes around the profile pic is annoying me. FB keeps asking me to use it, no FB, no. Lol.

The ensuing Olympics of how much it hurts/bad side effects (as other Tattlers have mentioned) are low key hilarious.

Reactions: 8
The jab thing really gets on my nerves, pretty much all the people will be getting or have already had the jab. You're not special!

I had one woman giving updates about her jab for the whole week before hand, "5 more sleeps" "doing an LF before going for my jab" "dropping the kids off then off for my jab".

• Haha
  • Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 17
I've seen quite a lot of these tiresome posts that say 'tag your siblings/tag your bestie, if they dont reply within the hour they owe you a McDonalds/you win'

People tag others, and you see tbe post days later with no responses or likes, or even worse - an annoyed reply like 'what?' and it just makes me sad.

Similar to the 'these names make the best mates/are the worst influence' and reams of 'we are mad us!' conversations.

I just find fb so old fashioned and cringe-worthy now.

Reactions: 14
‘Bounced back’ photos a week after having a baby.
Fitting in pre baby jeans a week after giving birth. Who cares?

Reactions: 11
I genuinely don’t understand it 99% of the things you post you like otherwise you wouldn’t post it the mind boggles.
yes - but why on instagram posts that you post - would you then 'like' your own post? wtaf is that about? makes no sense. and just looks like you're a bit of a narcissist liking your own posts!

‘Bounced back’ photos a week after having a baby.
Fitting in pre baby jeans a week after giving birth. Who cares?
people posting their map my runs - got at least 3 people I know who do this. I don't bloody care how much you've ran, what crappy music you listened to whilst you ran or if you improved your time, saw a squirrel on the way whilst you ran. SHUT UP!!!

• Heart
Reactions: 17
People who have separate insta accounts for work/personal/their own brand, then comment on their own posts as if they are from 'the team' - when you know it's only them running the account 😂 Get a grip, talking to yourself through 2 different accounts to try & look popular.

• Haha
Reactions: 21
The thingy saying you've been jabbed, that goes around the profile pic is annoying me. FB keeps asking me to use it, no FB, no. Lol.

The ensuing Olympics of how much it hurts/bad side effects (as other Tattlers have mentioned) are low key hilarious.
The jab thing really gets on my nerves, pretty much all the people will be getting or have already had the jab. You're not special!

I had one woman giving updates about her jab for the whole week before hand, "5 more sleeps" "doing an LF before going for my jab" "dropping the kids off then off for my jab".
It's honestly ridiculous and I would have laughed if that woman was turned away for her jab in the end! Maybe the novelty has worn off for me because I received my first jab in Feb (perks of being vulnerable eh) but why do grown ass adults feel the need to showcase every moment of their life on social media? Maybe I'm just a bitter witch at the moment haha!

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 9
People who have separate insta accounts for work/personal/their own brand, then comment on their own posts as if they are from 'the team' - when you know it's only them running the account 😂 Get a grip, talking to yourself through 2 different accounts to try & look popular.
yes this in spades. I know of a couple of people who do this, one who owns a fashion brand too. They do or did hire an assistant (low paid or unpaid intern) but all the fawning over their products I know is for a fact done by them (can tell their writing) - on a separate account with a different name to make their products seem popular. This person originally knew me because I used to pass where she worked on a regular basis so we were 'friendly', then at mutual friends parties she collared me trying to sell me mukluks (boots made from baby rabbits skins) and I know for a fact she approached me because she knew I had disposable income, a good job and liked designer items. The other things they do which I really hate... they own a brand which sells expensive items and also trims of fur, used to be real fur now is a mix of both. I said, on countless occasions that I wouldn't buy their products as they're real fur, I would however maybe buy a fake fur trimmed item. Didn't stop them spamming my inbox with prices and items. When I finally didn't want to buy an item (because they still weren't using much fake fur then, they started rude, sweary, personal attacks on me via PM messages asking why I wasn't buying from them and finally saying if I ate meat I was a hypocrite for not buying fur. After this, I deleted contact with them everywhere. It's only because they're the son's wife of a close family friend/best friend of my mum that I don't slate them elsewhere etc.

It's honestly ridiculous and I would have laughed if that woman was turned away for her jab in the end! Maybe the novelty has worn off for me because I received my first jab in Feb (perks of being vulnerable eh) but why do grown ass adults feel the need to showcase every moment of their life on social media? Maybe I'm just a bitter witch at the moment haha!
I can't stand the profile pic thingy that says you've been jabbed either but also the fact you've been jabbed, do I or your other FB followers really need to know this? Is it to encourage others to be jabbed because I don't GAF. It seems like virtue signalling to me.
Another thing I can't stand - yes, I know everyone's had a hard year with Covid-19 this and last year, yes a few people have health issues etc - this pandemic has really taught me exactly how I and my family mean to certain people. Example, I have a close friend going back years who lives in USA, we always swapped nice birthday gifts for each other and families, so I send her a nice gift as per usual last year for her birthday - what do I get back in return - an elaborate printed fabric face mask?? This is a person that for various reasons over the years has been a SAHM, she doesn't have that many health issues apart from Part 2 diabetes, yet I'm the one working all hours, looking after 2 kids etc. and she sends me a face mask?! My husband looked at me and was a bit shocked at her meanness and though I keep in contact it is definitely dialled down now and I won't be jumping on a plane any time soon to visit her as I did before with our family - her and her family hardly did this.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: 3
I do that with my cat account, like and comment on every post ("wow great photo, beautiful") does that count 🤣 yep im not right in the head

• Haha
Reactions: 10
I do that with my cat account, like and comment on every post ("wow great photo, beautiful") does that count 🤣 yep im not right in the head
You didn’t like your own tattle post so I reckon your only half gone.

• Haha
Reactions: 10
It’s more an issue regarding Twitter and TikTok.

When women are glorifying OnlyFans. They are pretending that all they are doing is taking photos. You didn’t earn that house because you put on an Anne Summers bra and knickers. You earned that money performing degrading sex acts for men online and it will always be on the internet.

Same goes to the TikTok strippers who are saying they earned 10 grand that night. Yes you earned 10 grand but tell people you went to the back room with a businessman and his friends so they can do stuff to you and you’re forced to do stuff to them.

I hate the normality of “Sex work is WORK” yes it is but it is always the last resort and it is degrading it isn’t the power move you think it is. Men want you to think like that so they don’t have any empathy for you when they’re buying sex. Prostitution is taboo for a reason, do not try and normalise it. It is a kick in the face to the MAJORITY of women who have been prostitutes as they have more than likely been trafficked or forced into it by their boyfriends or had to use it as the last resort to feed their kid.

Also the majority of foreign born prostitutes are forced into it by their bosses to pay them back for getting them into the country.

A large amount of prostitutes have substance abuse problems and rather than helping them get out of it and to talk about the danger of prostitution, you’d rather put on your flower crown and shout your faux liberal feminist nonsense about how these women are empowered. No they aren’t empowered, they are forced to resort to selling their bodies to be raped because society failed them.

I’m annoyed now.

• Heart
Reactions: 28
Mummy FB groups

I'm in (well, was) a 'Mummy' group on FB 🤣 there has been this girl and for the last 3 days she has been documenting her induction. Every 3 hours there's a selfie like 'baby still not here!' 'Waiting for you baby boy' then she started getting a bit big headed as if she was a celeb and putting 'i know you're all waiting for an update' are we 🤣 Day 3 of her waiting for her baby and she posted a picture of herself in the bath with the caption as 'I know you're wondering whether baby boy is here but he's not. I'm just taking a bath 🤩😍 #selfcare #wereallwaitingbabyboy' I meeeeannn 😬🤢 im not even that bothered when my sister is in labour let alone a randomer on a baby page. I couldnt help myself and commented on one of her posts 'God are you pregnant? Fuckin hell didn't even realise' next thing i was booted and banned off the group 🤷🏻‍♀️😂

• Haha
Reactions: 37
Mummy FB groups

I'm in (well, was) a 'Mummy' group on FB 🤣 there has been this girl and for the last 3 days she has been documenting her induction. Every 3 hours there's a selfie like 'baby still not here!' 'Waiting for you baby boy' then she started getting a bit big headed as if she was a celeb and putting 'i know you're all waiting for an update' are we 🤣 Day 3 of her waiting for her baby and she posted a picture of herself in the bath with the caption as 'I know you're wondering whether baby boy is here but he's not. I'm just taking a bath 🤩😍 #selfcare #wereallwaitingbabyboy' I meeeeannn 😬🤢 im not even that bothered when my sister is in labour let alone a randomer on a baby page. I couldnt help myself and commented on one of her posts 'God are you pregnant? Fuckin hell didn't even realise' next thing i was booted and banned off the group 🤷🏻‍♀️😂
I’m still in “mummy” groups for the shits and giggles and yes to all of these!!!! And then the people who post pregnancy tests that are clearly negative “guys is there a line here my LO is only 8 weeks old tho lol”

• Haha
Reactions: 12
People posting absolutely everything about their child. Jeez, give them some bloody privacy!

Reactions: 15
People on ig or tiktok filming themselves pointing at texts on the screen while awkwardly dancing, or faking surprise by closing their mouths for seconds on end while we're supposed to follow some other text on the screen to figure out what is taking their breath away. Social media is bullshit lately and everything about this "pretend I am posting something that I want to share but just watch my filtered face instead" type of content trend is getting on my nerves. No matter how much I try to curate my feed or browse pages they creep back in.

Reactions: 14
Grown men who’s profile photos are selfies of themselves with their tongues sticking out 🤢

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 16
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.