Things that you are sick of seeing on social media #3

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Does anyone have a relative / friend who likes everything they (i mean me, not liking their own posts) post? I do and I'm sure she sometimes goes searching for things I've posted. And then there's quite clearly not having a clue what I'm talking about.

Reactions: 11
Does anyone have a relative / friend who likes everything they (i mean me, not liking their own posts) post? I do and I'm sure she sometimes goes searching for things I've posted. And then there's quite clearly not having a clue what I'm talking about.
Yes my auntie does this but she also likes her own stuff too.

• Haha
Reactions: 18
People who post their children's report cards. I'm mortified for them. I honestly couldn't give two hoots whether Maisie and Arlo got an A for effort/behaviour. Just frankly couldn't give a crap. Surely nobody except their parents and maybe grandparents care.

Plus, I would have been so embarrassed if my mother had done that to me when I was at school.
Then there are the parents who would love to upload their child’s report but know that’s pretty bad form, so instead they vaguebook about it. “So proud of my little superstar! So so proud!”

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 15
Yes. My mum 🙈 she even followed me to Instagram as I started posting less on FB

• Haha
Yes! She's an old work colleague I haven't worked with for more than 10 years and she not only likes everything I post, but ❤s it. Not just the post, but every individial photo I post! And if there are any photos with me on it, she'll comment too. So I get about a million notifications for one photo drop that I do. It's usually within 5 mins of me posting as well! I don't think I'm the only person she does this to, so she must spend her life on Facebook waiting for people to post stuff 🤣 we have a mutual friend but she never likes or comments on anything she puts on even though they go way further back than I do with her.

Reactions: 7
Those people that have to jump on everything. There’s a fella on Facebook I know, he’s terrible for policing people’s comments and telling them to remove their posts out of respect.
During the first lockdown a restaurant had put a post up about Sunday Lunches and he went on an absolute tirade about them deleting it and thinking before posting when it was obviously a scheduled post that’s popped up every Sunday since they opened.

• Haha
Reactions: 14
Yes, my husband's auntie and cousin (who I had never met, by the way - they just Facebook ambushed me after we got engaged and I felt obliged to 'friend' them). This was back in the day when I actually used to post quite a bit on FB, but literally the second I would post, there'd be two likes from them. It really started to piss me off, like they were just waiting for me to post something so they could like it. It was instant, every time. Anyway, I got so fed up that one day I unfriended them both. They then complained via my mother in law and demanded to know why they had been unfriended. Freaks!

• Haha
Reactions: 10
the endless selfies of people. One person in particular who's a school friend from way back. She posts photos of her with a foreign solder but they're not taken together and I doubt she's ever met him. She posts selfies every hour or more - the same very edited selfies or themes on these plus loads of stories of her life - which would be great and amazing but she lives in the worst part of town, and she posts pics and videos of this which I'm kind of wondering why?? I guess I'm a bit snobby because I just wouldn't do this but she has the same few followers (not many) who like her insta stuff. Basically though she is the sort of person who shouldn't be allowed to post stuff - or she should get a heads up on better stuff to post! Oh she also posts tons of memes and rants about the soldier (who most likely has another GF etc) - you can tell exactly what she's doing/talking about. nothing on FB of course. Makes no sense to me but been married for ages so...

I did used to hate all the Juice Plus, selling stuff - friends would start selling it on FB and insta and then you'd see it everywhere - if not that then vaping stuff or Arbonne etc - all MLM stuff. I can see why people would be tempted to sell it but please don't drag me into it!

I do this with certain friends - but only to remain on their radar. If she gets pissed off with me then I don't care but I don't search for everything she posts - no way, not a stalker. I don't want to lose contact with them so I like stuff.

Yes my auntie does this but she also likes her own stuff too.
what is it with people who like their own posts? the person I posted about here just now - she likes her own posts, wtaf is that all about??!!

Then there are the parents who would love to upload their child’s report but know that’s pretty bad form, so instead they vaguebook about it. “So proud of my little superstar! So so proud!”
actually there is one school friend I know who's posted her daughter's (autistic) school report recently but she has good reason to be proud. Another friend posted about her son's best something in class (achiever etc) recently which was nice. Ironic really because the first person was always a Grade A student but the second person made next to no effort in class, not disruptive but just very lazy and a bit stupid. I guess she's pleased her son is doing well where she couldn't do the same. I have noticed other's occasionally not posting reports but more certificates.

People who use filters on their selfies. The my brother in laws sister looks like she has massive lips and eyelashes when you see her on social media... In real life her lips are non existent! Another friend is quite overweight in real life but you'd think she was a size 8 in all her selfies. I reckon if half of these people went missing and they used their Facebook profile picture on the news, then we'd never find them as they'd be unrecognisable in real life!
there is one woman I've posted about here who uses so many filters on her selfies - she's in reality a good size 14-16, nothing wrong with that. She looks better with her hair down and I've told her so. But she is forever posting massively filtered selfies, one has attracted this man from abroad - and I know that when I do see in real life - even made up etc - she is nothing like these filtered selfies. Why do it to yourself?

Last edited:
Reactions: 4
actually there is one school friend I know who's posted her daughter's (autistic) school report recently but she has good reason to be proud.
Good reason to breach her daughter's privacy?? I don't think that's excusable.

There's a woman on my fb that is forever sharing family pics to try and prove happy families. Except her kids are teenagers and they don't look happy about it. One time one of them was playing and she filmed them through the glass, then opened the door and they went all shy and said, you better not put that on fb. She said, no I won't! But she did. I was really shocked. Talk about a lack of respect. And for what purpose??

• Sad
  • Wow
When someone wishes someone a happy birthday with a big post and then someone else in the comments is like ‘happy birthday’ do your own bleeping post!

• Haha
You can be quietly and modestly proud of your kids achievements without bragging to all and sundry. No one genuinely cares.

what is it with people who like their own posts? the person I posted about here just now - she likes her own posts, wtaf is that all about??!!
I genuinely don’t understand it 99% of the things you post you like otherwise you wouldn’t post it the mind boggles.

Reactions: 6
When someone wishes someone a happy birthday with a big post and then someone else in the comments is like ‘happy birthday’ do your own bleeping post!
Oh tit, I have been guilty of this once or twice 😆🙈

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Oh tit, I have been guilty of this once or twice 😆🙈
Me too. I find it means you either don't care about the person enough to do an individual post, or you've seen it late in the day and want to sneak in a happy birthday before midnight 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Me too. I find it means you either don't care about the person enough to do an individual post, or you've seen it late in the day and want to sneak in a happy birthday before midnight 😂
I usually sneak it in in the comments of their passive aggressive status usually along the lines of “Thank you to everyone that has taken time out of their day to wish me a happy birthday. You know who your friends are ✌🏼

• Haha
I keep coming back to this thread to add more :LOL:

I really dislike the posts saying 'thank you for the birthday messages! I have been spoiled rotten!'

Something about the phrasing, the words 'spoiled rotten', just makes me cringe, I'm not sure why!

• Haha
Reactions: 17
The covid jab card that everyone keeps posting like it's gonna go out of fashion. No one gives a tit. I mean I know I certainly don't.

• Haha
  • Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.