Things that you are sick of seeing on social media #3

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Local Facebook groups. You canā€™t seem to have a discussion on my local ones. The slightest hint of people disagreeing with each other (even if theyā€™re doing it amicably) comments get locked and when people ask why posts get locked m we get some spiel about how admin WoRk So HaRd being an admin of a local fb group is a ā€œthankless task that we do for freeā€. One of the groups youā€™re not allowed to post if you donā€™t have a profile picture because apparently they get sooo many spam posts. Pull the other one, itā€™s a group of about 250 people. Honestly feel like they create more work for themselves by being so anal in the first place.
I left my towns group for this reason. Yet people were allowed to post unrelated jokes šŸ™„ I just have my roads Neighbourhood Watch group.

Reactions: 4
People put things for free on our NHW group and there is one woman who takes everything but when it comes to her trying to get rid of stuff she asks for money!

• Wow
Reactions: 6

Article like that, how they paid off their mortgage, they have a few common theme:
1. We bought our house for 6p, and now the price rose to Ā£2. it means we made tit loads of money
2. We earn a lot of money but our monthly expenses is only 2p
3. We lived at home to save up for deposit

Reactions: 14

Article like that, how they paid off their mortgage, they have a few common theme:
1. We bought our house for 6p, and now the price rose to Ā£2. it means we made tit loads of money
2. We earn a lot of money but our monthly expenses is only 2p
3. We lived at home to save up for deposit
Andā€¦.
4. We donā€™t smoke, drink, go out, buy treats or have any fun whatsoever. (Prob no 2. does cover that actually).

Reactions: 5
People on local groups asking how long the wait is at a&e at the momentā€¦ surely if it is a genuine accident/emergency youā€™re going regardless of the wait?

• Heart
Reactions: 16
Bindi bloody Irwin, just shut up for a bit. ā€˜Taking a breakā€™ from social media for mental health reasons, lasted hours not even days.

Reactions: 7
British girls (and yes, it's almost always British girls) thinking they're sooooo sexy but looking like angry botched ogres from Middle Earth with their one day MUA certificates.

• Haha
Reactions: 14
Bindi bloody Irwin, just shut up for a bit. ā€˜Taking a breakā€™ from social media for mental health reasons, lasted hours not even days.
Yea it was sad what happened with her dad but the exposure she gets is ridiculous and Steve has to be mentioned at every opportunity itā€™s so boring

Reactions: 8
Itā€™s the posts on Facebook that seem caring but are really not, children with disabilities and or special needs are not weird or odd, no they are not, but thanks for the extra stigma. Nobody wants to wish this child ( for whatever reason) a happy birthday, have a heart etc. And the terrible grammar, your welcome, bargin, itā€™s bloody BARGAIN!šŸ¤¬ People that donā€™t use punctuation, or if they do itā€™s overuse of question and exclamation marks, youā€™re coming across as a bit mental in my opinion. Everything about social media pisses me off really.

Reactions: 15
People getting engaged! I don't wanna see it because I'm heartbroken and bitter but I've always thought just enjoy it in private rather than plaster it all over your social media.

Reactions: 9
Peopleā€™s children. Children donā€™t consent to have any minute detail of their babyhood/childhood on social media for everyone to see. Some parents also act like theyā€™re the first ever person to be a parent. Makes me nauseous.

Reactions: 17
Iā€™ve just thought of a new one. People who call children ā€œsmallsā€.

Just had FB recommend me a group called ā€œGently raising smallsā€. Please god no.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 22
When people do something kind but feel the need to brag about it. If you do something kind keep it to yourself itā€™s not really done in kindness it your aim is receiving likes. For example

ā€œsaw this frail man in Leeds city centre today, I bought him a coffee and a sandwich and a packet of wotsits. Ispoke with him for 45 minutes and he told me all about his life and how he ended up on the streets. He said I made his day, but he made mine. It was the honour of my life to talk with you today youā€™ve opened my eyes and my heartā€ Insert pic of super cheesy over the top grin beside homeless guy.

or

ā€œsaw this elderly lady crossing the car park at Tesco today so I run to her assistance and helped her get her shopping in her vehicle. I spoke to Joyce for over an hour we talked about her sons living abroad and how lonely it is but she was so thankful I made her dayā€ insert pic of cheesy over the top grin beside elderly woman unsure her photographs being taken.

Do the good deed without bleeping bragging.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 35
When people do something kind but feel the need to brag about it. If you do something kind keep it to yourself itā€™s not really done in kindness it your aim is receiving likes. For example

ā€œsaw this frail man in Leeds city centre today, I bought him a coffee and a sandwich and a packet of wotsits. Ispoke with him for 45 minutes and he told me all about his life and how he ended up on the streets. He said I made his day, but he made mine. It was the honour of my life to talk with you today youā€™ve opened my eyes and my heartā€ Insert pic of super cheesy over the top grin beside homeless guy.

or

ā€œsaw this elderly lady crossing the car park at Tesco today so I run to her assistance and helped her get her shopping in her vehicle. I spoke to Joyce for over an hour we talked about her sons living abroad and how lonely it is but she was so thankful I made her dayā€ insert pic of cheesy over the top grin beside elderly woman unsure her photographs being taken.

HAHAH is not a GOOD DEED, unless they bleeping bragging it on LinkedIN

• Haha
Reactions: 18

or

Itā€™s the ā€˜no no it was MY honourā€™ that makes me cringe šŸ„“šŸ˜…

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Cryptic posts usually referring to some sort of personal crisis that they won't elaborate on. Just seen one along the lines of "sitting in the car outside school filled with dread at what I'm about to have to tell X... I know it's going to break her" Followed by dozens of "u ok hun?" type posts that are as yet unanswered. If you're not prepared to share on Facebook, don't mention it at all!

• Haha
Reactions: 18
Cryptic posts usually referring to some sort of personal crisis that they won't elaborate on. Just seen one along the lines of "sitting in the car outside school filled with dread at what I'm about to have to tell X... I know it's going to break her" Followed by dozens of "u ok hun?" type posts that are as yet unanswered. If you're not prepared to share on Facebook, don't mention it at all!
bleeping hate these!
Or people that tell every moment of there day like ā€˜shopping all done now for a cuppaā€™
Or ā€˜bath time for kiddies now to watch tvā€™
Or this one is the most cringiest ā€˜all bills paid and food shop doneā€™
I donā€™t give a duck!!
Nor does anyone else!!
Why do we care that all your bills are paid?
Do you want a bleeping medal for being an adult!!!

• Haha
Reactions: 31
bleeping hate these!
Or people that tell every moment of there day like ā€˜shopping all done now for a cuppaā€™
Or ā€˜bath time for kiddies now to watch tvā€™
Or this one is the most cringiest ā€˜all bills paid and food shop doneā€™
I donā€™t give a duck!!
Nor does anyone else!!
Why do we care that all your bills are paid?
Do you want a bleeping medal for being an adult!!!
The worst ones are where they actually list everything they've done that day (usually with no capital letters or punctuation so I'm out of breath by the time I've finished reading itšŸ¤£ and the ones that end it with lol even though it's not funny.

I'm a member of a big group on Facebook s and every day one person in particular posts a selfie (usually a full length one so taken by someone else) of her in something skimpy, along "how's everyone's day going? I'm doing xyz". Loads of people reply which she ignores, and loads more tell her she's gorgeous and looking good to which she answers every single one with "sorry I'm married lol".

• Haha
Reactions: 16
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.