Things that you are sick of seeing on social media #3

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
People finding bank cards and posting a pic, seems to be happening loads lately. Also people losing wedding rings or other. How come so many people are dropping cards or rings are falling off fingers?
I actually lost my wedding ring last year! It had become a bit tight and I was waiting to get it resized when the first lockdown ended and stupidly, instead of putting it away I wore it on my little finger as o don’t like being g without it. Of course it was too big and it must have slipped off. I searched everywhere in the house, garden, retraced my steps, put it on Facebook (!) all to no avail. I found it three months later against the skirting board in the kitchen (yes, I had cleaned up in the meantime!)

• Heart
Reactions: 11
This is too specific but a girl I really didn't like in high school got engaged recently and my ex from high school has also got engaged, seen both announcements on insta. Sick of bastards getting engaged but not me 😤 😂

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 21
This is too specific but a girl I really didn't like in high school got engaged recently and my ex from high school has also got engaged, seen both announcements on insta. Sick of bastards getting engaged but not me 😤 😂
I had a week where someone announced they were pregnant and then two people I know also got engaged. Just plastered all over my FB - especially the pregnancy one. I just can’t handle loads of pregnancy posts just one after the other - am I a horrible person for that?

• Heart
Reactions: 9
I had a week where someone announced they were pregnant and then two people I know also got engaged. Just plastered all over my FB - especially the pregnancy one. I just can’t handle loads of pregnancy posts just one after the other - am I a horrible person for that?
Nah not horrible, it can all be a bit much especially if it is something you want for yourself. I'm always buzzin if it's my actual friends who are engaged/pregnant but for everyone else it just makes me grumpy 😂

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Nah not horrible, it can all be a bit much especially if it is something you want for yourself. I'm always buzzin if it's my actual friends who are engaged/pregnant but for everyone else it just makes me grumpy 😂
I agree - if it was my actual friends I’d be so happy for them but this one particular person is just posting what seems like daily bump pictures. Just makes me grumpy because I know I want children but I’m nowhere near a point of being ready to have children.

Reactions: 8
Sick to death of seeing MLM posts. They're just pure bullshit and I don't understand why people still fall for them.

Also related to MLM's but when people say 'amaaaazing' especially when it's 3 times in one post. Piss off with your tit fat wraps and wax melts.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 23
Sick to death of seeing MLM posts. They're just pure bullshit and I don't understand why people still fall for them.

Also related to MLM's but when people say 'amaaaazing' especially when it's 3 times in one post. Piss off with your tit fat wraps and wax melts.
FM
Need I say anymore zzzzzzzzz

Reactions: 4
I actually like TikTok and have found some really good content on there. But Christ there is some absolute bollocks on it and then the trends get done to the absolute death. There’s one at the minute where the music over the top is some kid singing about being an international spy and the videos with it are just annoying as duck.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 15
Oh my god same I’m starting to think there’s something wrong with me 😪

Not atall, it is a very common feeling

• Heart
When the police document a raid and then post the pics and selfies on social media as if they’ve just got home from a night out. I really don’t care for this self congratulatory bullshit, please just be professional and do your jobs. Stop trying to seem ‘approachable’ on social media especially when you get the big red key out for 3grams of cannabis and act like you’ve just caught a major drug baron. You look like a joke.
Agreed. I find it all a bit ludicrous.

Reactions: 1
Businesses that advertise and comment “inboxed you” when someone asks a question or for the price.

I avoid these companies.

Reactions: 31
Businesses that advertise and comment “inboxed you” when someone asks a question or for the price.

I avoid these companies.
Exactly! Why can't they just say, it would save time than having to individually send it. Many a time I've looked through the comments to find someone asking that, only to see them saying that and I just think , nah CBA , so their loss.

I always think its because the price must be so prohibitive or unrealistic that it's better to deter one person privately than turn loads of people off by posting the price for all to see.

My dad was a joiner and I see "bespoke" items on Facebook that he could literally knock up in an hour for a few quid. I'm talking about those storage boxes for kids, etc. Stick a wooden letter on to personalise it...£150 please!

Reactions: 18
Just seen a post about a shopping list that was found in a supermarket - “posting this in case whoever it was lost it and forgot something on their shopping”. Why would anyone feel the need to post it? Its a ‘need to do something good’ mentality gone mad!

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 41
Some twit on my Facebook has started saying "time for the woke to wake up" - what? If they're woke they're already awake you moron. Surely it's 'time for the woke to go back to sleep' but then saying they need to go to sleep means you think they should stop researching the "facts" you are sharing? MAKE IT MAKE SENSE!

Usually on a post where he is still covid denying, a year and half later. Yeah, I think we've got enough data at this point to ascertain that it's real, by all means spout off about vaccines and lockdowns, but you can't seriously still deny it's a thing at this point!

• Haha
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.