Things that you are sick of seeing on social media #3

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Someone I know keeps posting on Facebook that she’s not using FB anymore. Love, you’ve posted things 14 times in the last 16 days… and you’re claiming to have given up Facebook?

• Haha
Reactions: 29
123F5E73-EC24-445F-9BD3-B85FE803E89A.jpeg

This and variations of this. I might be being thick but it makes zero sense I understand what they’re trying to stir up, but the England team are English men big clue in the name.

• Sick
Reactions: 13
My wife and my mother in law have posted a Happy Birthday post with accompanying photos to my father in law. The F-I-L isn't even on facebook and hates it passionately.
My mother in law is at it again. “Happy anniversary <husbands name>”
a. He’s sat there next to you!
b. He’s still not on Facebook.

I know she’s doing this to farm likes and comments but it still annoys.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 26
Zelebs pretending they're asking a question about where to get something, but it's just a hint for freebies from companies.

Influencers/zelebs who get gifted free stuff they can damn well afford, it would be much more appreciated to someone who can't.

Reactions: 42
My mother in law is at it again. “Happy anniversary <husbands name>”
a. He’s sat there next to you!
b. He’s still not on Facebook.

I know she’s doing this to farm likes and comments but it still annoys.
Omg I hate that also. Definitely just for the likes. Someone I follow, always wishes her baby happy birthday (nothing wrong with this part), but then she writes really personal, heartfelt messages to the baby... as if the baby can see it...

I just think it makes more sense to write it in a card, for her baby to read when they're older.

Reactions: 16
Every year on the first hot day the same people always post a picture of their sunburned back, as regular as clockwork.

Why?? Why get burnt, we know these days it's so dangerous and why get someone to take a picture and then post it. Not even remotely interesting! Always the same people as well.

• Haha
Reactions: 17
Every year on the first hot day the same people always post a picture of their sunburned back, as regular as clockwork.

Why?? Why get burnt, we know these days it's so dangerous and why get someone to take a picture and then post it. Not even remotely interesting! Always the same people as well.
Anyone would think its a badge of honour.

Reactions: 6
I've said this before but when someone announces their pregnancy, then you get the people who already knew before the announcement all like 'OMG FINALLLYYYY 💙💝' 'YAAAAY FINALLY OUT IN THE OPEN' bore off 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 54
I have a FB 'friend' who didn't get the memo about the status function changing (literally years ago) to allow you to write anything you like and not just a sentence in the third person. Her updates are all "...is out for dinner and is having a lovely time". "... is watching the Friends reunion"

YOU DON'T HAVE TO DO THAT ANYMORE FFS. You can just write any sentence or statement without the "...is". Infuriating.

• Haha
Reactions: 32
I hate people who announce that they're taking a break from social media. Like I get if you're an influencer and post on schedule you'll freak people out if you just disappear, but for the average joe - no one's going to care if you don't post for a few days or weeks. They're always the ones who post every single day and tbh it's just a relief they're taking a break 😅

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 22
When someone is selling something on the Facebook marketplace (in this case a car) and all their friends are ‘helping’ them sell it by sharing the post also, so you end up seeing the same advertisement 6 times. All saying the same thing along the lines of “lovely little run around” “great first car” “bargain price”. Just shut up.

Idk about anyone else but I wouldn’t buy a car from Facebook anyway.

• Haha
Reactions: 14
I don’t understand why influencers take pics of themselves not looking at the camera 🤷🏼‍♀️ They know someone is taking their pic… why are you looking at the floor / off to the side? If someone knows why, please explain!

Reactions: 21
I'm sick of seeing those stupid tik tok/ reels vids where the person has a speech bubble appear on the screen to a music track in the background, then wobbles their head or waggles their finger 'no' and then points up to another speech bubble and does some cringey swaying dance. So sick of it! Go away please.

• Heart
Reactions: 25
Speaking of Tik Tok/video reels, I'm fed up of hearing that song that goes...

Oh no,
Oh no,
Oh no no no no no...

• Haha
Reactions: 45
When the police document a raid and then post the pics and selfies on social media as if they’ve just got home from a night out. I really don’t care for this self congratulatory bullshit, please just be professional and do your jobs. Stop trying to seem ‘approachable’ on social media especially when you get the big red key out for 3grams of cannabis and act like you’ve just caught a major drug baron. You look like a joke.

• Heart
Reactions: 20
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.