Things that you are sick of seeing on social media #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Maybe I’m saying this as a bitter single person but some couples do the same faces in every selfie. I have seen quite a few couples doing this. It’s like an almost neutral expression - perhaps the slightest hint of a smile. So they will post pictures periodically and they will look exactly the same but perhaps with a slightly different background. Cue 46 likes and comments such as ‘lovely pic hun’, ‘aw’ etc. Why post these extremely similar pictures? Tell me what has been achieved.
The one who is taking the photo always has their mouth open looking gormless and the one at the back is awkwardly trying to frame a 'living my best life' pose. I find this with groups pics too, the one taking it always has that weird half-open mouth pose.

Reactions: 7
I want to start off by saying that I am not the biggest fan of gender reveals but I think the ones where you are just cutting into a cake are nice enough. I mean, everyone loves cake.

But I cannot understand why you’d upload a gender reveal video where you do not look excited. I’ve just watched one where the couple just had an awkward giggle followed by a few seconds of awkward silence before someone shouted out the gender. No hugging each other, no excitement, nothing. I think even if you didn’t mind either way, there should still be some sort of reaction, surely?!

• Wow
Reactions: 8
I want to start off by saying that I am not the biggest fan of gender reveals but I think the ones where you are just cutting into a cake are nice enough. I mean, everyone loves cake.

But I cannot understand why you’d upload a gender reveal video where you do not look excited. I’ve just watched one where the couple just had an awkward giggle followed by a few seconds of awkward silence before someone shouted out the gender. No hugging each other, no excitement, nothing. I think even if you didn’t mind either way, there should still be some sort of reaction, surely?!
Maybe they did mind which one they're getting 😅

Some one explain to me the picture craze of getting someone to photograph you looking out to sea etc , you look like Billy no mates imo
Also what is this video craze of when you get a delivery of say pot plants or your new dildo there’s an app I guess that turns a pic into a video zooming in and zooming out and sometimes it sparkles,
People of the world I don’t care about your parcels and I don’t need an epileptic fit triggering video

Reactions: 12
Fashion “influencers” showing their latest purchases and adding “I got this in a size 6”
Like wow amazing. Go eat a pie.
do people see what size these people buy and get influenced to buy the same size? Why is it relevant you buy the size you are?!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 19
Fashion “influencers” showing their latest purchases and adding “I got this in a size 6”
do people see what size these people buy and get influenced to buy the same size? Why is it relevant you buy the size you are?!
I might do that, look at my size 0 jeans
and proudly wear it on my arm, or on my head as an unusual hat

There’s no law to say where we must wear an item of clothing 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 14
I guess if you're similar size to them then you know which size is likely to fit you

Reactions: 5

Do you remember there names
Asking for a friend

People who write to their kids on social media including a black and white picture of the kid sleeping or something, tit that goes something like “dear Poppy, it’s been a while since I’ve talked about my love for you, I know I’m not always perfect or the most patient, but just like you learn from me I learn from you blablabla....” Especially if their kid is far too young to even read let alone be on instagram. Honestly don’t get the point of it, guess it’s all part of portraying a certain image for the gram. Vomit inducing. I love my kids, but that goes without saying when you’re a parent. Can’t stand these parents who act like they are the only people in the world to love their children because they choose to plaster it all over social media.

People getting their knickers in a bunch over others not filling their feed with stuff about poor baby Azaylia. Sorry but duck off. It’s very sad, but it’s a child I don’t know or have any sort of connection with. I’m not going to use a sick or dead child to virtue signal on social media over how lovely and compassionate I am. People changing their profile pictures orange and stuff like that, sorry but I find it all nausea inducing. It was the same when Captain Tom passed away. Grief tourists. Absolutely ghoulish.

Im on a few uk theme park groups and it annoys me seeing posts like “hi, my son is 8 will abc ride be suitable”. Idk hun, we don’t know what your son is like. If he’s tall enough then he will be as safe as anyone else. It’s the equivalent of posting to ask what time the supermarket closes when you could literally just google it. Morons.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 45
People who write to their kids on social media including a black and white picture of the kid sleeping or something, tit that goes something like “dear Poppy, it’s been a while since I’ve talked about my love for you, I know I’m not always perfect or the most patient, but just like you learn from me I learn from you blablabla....” Especially if their kid is far too young to even read let alone be on instagram. Honestly don’t get the point of it, guess it’s all part of portraying a certain image for the gram. Vomit inducing. I love my kids, but that goes without saying when you’re a parent. Can’t stand these parents who act like they are the only people in the world to love their children because they choose to plaster it all over social media.

People getting their knickers in a bunch over others not filling their feed with stuff about poor baby Azaylia. Sorry but duck off. It’s very sad, but it’s a child I don’t know or have any sort of connection with. I’m not going to use a sick or dead child to virtue signal on social media over how lovely and compassionate I am. People changing their profile pictures orange and stuff like that, sorry but I find it all nausea inducing. It was the same when Captain Tom passed away. Grief tourists. Absolutely ghoulish.

Im on a few uk theme park groups and it annoys me seeing posts like “hi, my son is 8 will abc ride be suitable”. Idk hun, we don’t know what your son is like. If he’s tall enough then he will be as safe as anyone else. It’s the equivalent of posting to ask what time the supermarket closes when you could literally just google it. Morons.
This!
I wanted to say something about Azaylia too without sounding so nasty but I was fed up of nobody’s sharing it to get engagement
Sorry but that looks totally worse using the poor child then not sharing atall
Then right after there post they would post about some gift they had and it seemed totally inconsiderate like it was just the in thing to do yesterday
Yes it made me very sad and a tear to my eye but I didn’t know her and sadly this happens more then you realise young babies/children getting sick
I didn’t share any of it
I didn’t know them and if me not sharing it made me look un-compassionate then so be it
Like I said it made me very sad but I didn’t need to share it to prove that
Really hope this came out well and not nasty or horrible x

• Heart
Reactions: 15
I've seen more than one person share Ashley or Saffiya's posts on their story then within hours show pictures of their own bump. I just find it a bit distateful. Similarly others saying "hold your child closer". I understand they mean well, but can't help feeling it's a bit insensitive.

Reactions: 8
There's always the 'Obligatory sausage legs pic xxx' followed by the comments 'Lookin fab hun' 'Wel jel x' 'wish that was me lol x'
And one year later when it comes up as a Facebook memory, the obligatory..."TAKE ME BACK!!!"

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 15
And one year later when it comes up as a Facebook memory, the obligatory..."TAKE ME BACK!!!"
I normally post the odd photo when I am on holiday, nothing excessive. Not posting any if I am able to go in June. Not all people can, or feel comfortable travelling so no way am I going to rub peoples noses in it.

Reactions: 11
When someone breaks some baby trees or something up a park and people are outraged and someone tries to be smart saying ‘we were all young once we all make mistakes’ a mistake is telling your BFF a secret you weren’t mean to tell, not defacing public property 🥴 it reminds me of this scene in gogglebox 😂

Attachments

• Haha
Reactions: 18
This!
I wanted to say something about Azaylia too without sounding so nasty but I was fed up of nobody’s sharing it to get engagement
Sorry but that looks totally worse using the poor child then not sharing atall
Then right after there post they would post about some gift they had and it seemed totally inconsiderate like it was just the in thing to do yesterday
Yes it made me very sad and a tear to my eye but I didn’t know her and sadly this happens more then you realise young babies/children getting sick
I didn’t share any of it
I didn’t know them and if me not sharing it made me look un-compassionate then so be it
Like I said it made me very sad but I didn’t need to share it to prove that
Really hope this came out well and not nasty or horrible x
You don’t sound nasty at all and I completely agree. It all just leaves a bad taste in my mouth. My heart goes out to her parents, I cannot imagine the pain they have and are going through. But I don’t see why I need to show this on social media, some people seem to think if you don’t put it on social media, then it didn’t happen.

Reactions: 19
You don’t sound nasty at all and I completely agree. It all just leaves a bad taste in my mouth. My heart goes out to her parents, I cannot imagine the pain they have and are going through. But I don’t see why I need to show this on social media, some people seem to think if you don’t put it on social media, then it didn’t happen.
I very much agree that its time for the parents to give SM a rest and take some time to grieve and process what has happened :(

Reactions: 11
I've seen more than one person share Ashley or Saffiya's posts on their story then within hours show pictures of their own bump. I just find it a bit distateful. Similarly others saying "hold your child closer". I understand they mean well, but can't help feeling it's a bit insensitive.
Agree! Charlotte Dawsy with her post up about Azalyia whilst she cuddles her healthy baby. I thought it was so distasteful.

Reactions: 12
I couldn’t believe how many people on my insta yesterday were sharing the photos of Azalyia like it’s just another thing to repost.

Influencers/minor celebs were sandwiching it in between irrelevant adverts and sponsorships. People I know were reposting it followed by selfies, pub gardens, roast dinners. One girl posted about how devastated she was for them, followed by a boomerang of herself minutes later doing squats in her new gym outfit.

It was awful sad news but it’s like everyone thinks they have to post it onto their social media to be somehow involved.

Reactions: 23
I might do that, look at my size 0 jeans
and proudly wear it on my arm, or on my head as an unusual hat

There’s no law to say where we must wear an item of clothing 🤣
I like you. I, too, can squeeze into a pair of size 0 jeans if I use them as some kind of not yet on trend gloves.

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.